View Single Post
Old 11-06-2021, 11:54 AM

Dogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
Its a bit of a misnomer that all Far Right Groups are racist. In more recent decades certain groups have certainly at least had the pretense of being 'Nationalist' in definition, and typically shifted their 'presentation' towards being about 'citizens vs immigrants'.

The EDL is definitely one of them, though it does have an issue with racists in the organisation, its tried to distance itself in the past from the BNP and National Front. You'll even find people in the BNP who are not racist (though the BNP is a racist party, its rhetoric is definitely scaled back from the National Front).

The BNP for example, split from the National Front, and one of the primary reasons was to 'move away from basing their political policy around race' - as this was clearly very unpopular outside the Party. Now that doesn't mean that the BNP isn't racist, or doesn't have racist members, its just means they're much more careful to avoid race.

The reality is probably that they're are racists within the EDL, but that its not a central theme of the party. Most Unionist and Loyalist groups are deeply racist, but will often avoid talking about race and their views to protect their position (Sectarianism is another matter).

Personally, I don't see why anyone would be a member of a far right group, let alone people who are gay, black or women. But then the NF never recovered from the fact that a large number of its openly homophobic leadership were in fact gay or bisexual. Gay people are also Catholics, Women support movements that regard women as being property.

Humans are complex, and often the reasons for joining a far right group aren't even political. I know at least two people through my dad in AA who were in the National Front because they loved to fight (neither really gave much of s**t about race or racial politics - the appeal of the NF to them was the violence - When they quit drinking (and in both cases drugs) they completely changed.
A fair post .
I alluded in my previous reply though joining right wing groups always comes with the good chance far right types will be attracted to it which leads to
accusations that group is then far right .