View Single Post
Old 08-04-2021, 01:19 PM

singapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsingapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsingapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsingapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsingapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsingapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsingapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsingapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsingapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsingapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowsingapore eagle will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
It was a great day and one that still lives in the memory. Not wanting to diminish it in any way, but I do look back and wish it was the League Cup instead as it would’ve been a more fitting epitaph for this great team.
I've never thought of it like that, but this is a good point.

This was the year that Sheffield Wednesday won the League Cup from the second division. And if you look at the last four in the League Cup, or the last four in the FA Cup for that matter, the teams were no stronger than the last four in the ZDS. We just won the 'wrong' cup.

I still think this was the pinnacle of being a Palace supporter, though. Lots of good moments have followed through the years (interspersed with plenty of lows), but I think that the feeling of being on the crest of a wave was unique.