View Single Post
Old 19-04-2021, 04:00 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
That assault by Keown was actually sickening. and by that, I mean, the cracking sound that Ninja made as he landed made the ground utterly silent for a second or two. I honestly thought he was dead. Strangest thing I've ever seen in a match - genuinely scared me for a few seconds.

At the very least I assumed Eric must have broken his leg or even his back. So relieved when he hobbled off with the physio.

Keown obviously got abuse but even with 10 men, we couldn't find a way past them.

It did mean we had the rather impressive stat versus four of the Big 5 with 4 clean sheets from 4 home games, with just Man Utd to come.

Also made it 3 clean sheets in a week at home. Quite rare to have three home games in a week and even rarer to not concede a single goal.

You know, I don’t think that fact has occurred to me since that very season. That is a truly amazing achievement in itself. In comparison, so far this season we have conceded 12 goals at home against the ‘big 6’, with Man C and Arsenal still to come.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel