View Single Post
Old 28-09-2019, 08:58 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
It's crazy isn't it!

Thanks to ebay's 'global shipping programme' , most of the U.S. Sellers are charging the best part of 20 quid for postage.
Any package over 20 Quid (the contents value) should also attract the interest of the customs at this end, with the post office holding it ransom!

I bought a base cards set from an Australian seller and they arrived today. They are nice but a bit 'Plastic'' to be honest.

The cards also come in all sort of prism effect parallel versions. When I was a kid, collecting sticker albums, the 'shinies' were always special, but this is like a whole set of shinies!!!

When we got promoted in 2013, there had never been a collection like Premier Gold, with auto and Jersey cards, and so I chased all the parallels I could. I thought Palace would go straight down, so enjoy it while it lasted, and get as much as possible! 7 seasons on, I take a more laid back approach and just win for one of each card (and nearly always not the rarer parallels!)

I have a contact in China who gets me stuff at sensible prices, he knows loads of collectors and traders over there, and luckily nobody wants Palace cards!

In terms of premium auto and relic cards, I think that collectors of 'big 6' clubs really do pay 3 figure prices. For clubs like Palace, the crazy prices almost never get paid and the cards just gather dust as old stock for years to come.

The other thing about this year's Prizm, is that the stadium and club badge cards are inserted quite frugally (low ratios)compared to usual, so these will logically be dearer if people want them. Personally I am willing to play a long waiting game until the prices come down for some of the cards. Even the rarest stuff eventually surfaces at sensible prices if you keep waiting
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013

Last edited by Dorking .Eagle; 28-09-2019 at 09:01 PM.