View Single Post
Old 28-08-2014, 10:43 AM

Bubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is hereBubble Wrap Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastend eagle View Post
Here's the thing, this board grew up quite organically as a part of the fan community. I'm aware that certain individuals have put in extraordinary time and even money to make it happen, but I'm sure that most contributors here feel a sense of membership and even 'ownership' of this community.

It's absolutely great having the owners post here, particularly Steve B., who is clearly an avid BBS'er just like the rest of us - long may that continue!

But - it's really annoying, and disenfranchising when the boards start to feel excessively modded and regulated.

I appreciate that there is a balance to be had between the owners sharing their time with us, and them being protected from abuse, inappropriate questions, etc. But I feel that, to a certain extent, the unique nature of this resource (fairly open, largely self-regulated, non-hierarchical, etc.) is the most important thing that needs to be preserved.

It's fine for Steve and the others to have set limits on what they will discuss (in fact, I'm sure it's imperative), but they have made the conscious decision to post here, so I feel as though they need to operate within the boards established apparatus as much as possible, and not turn a corner of it into a fiefdom.

I'm comfortable with things the way they are - and once again I want to underline how much I appreciate the owners contributions to this board - but, there have been times when the modding has felt slightly heavy-handed and unaccountable, and I would hate for us to head back in that direction.
Good post and I fully agree.