Thread: Music Books
View Single Post
Old 20-07-2020, 05:08 PM

hilairehair has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!hilairehair has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!hilairehair has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!hilairehair has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!hilairehair has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!hilairehair has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!hilairehair has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!hilairehair has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!hilairehair has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!hilairehair has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!hilairehair has got a bit of green grass ahead of him here... and finds Ambrose!
David Cavanagh's My Magpie Eyes are Hungry for the Prize is good for the rise/failure of the indies through the 80s. I really like Lipstick Traces,but can see it would be a bit marmite. The Luke Haines books on Britpop are very entertaining, partly because he is so bitchy about everyone. David Stubbs' stuff on krautrock is good, and Simon Reynolds' Bring the Noise and Retromania. I've never really warmed to that big Bob Stanley book, although I dip into it from time to time.

Last edited by hilairehair; 20-07-2020 at 05:12 PM.