View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 10:36 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
Ok....something you may want to check is that modern routers broadcast two “lanes” of WiFi...2.4 and 5ghz. Sometimes your laptop or phone may be connected to the 2.4 channel and your new printer may be connected to the 5ghz lane. It’s a long shot but perhaps why they don’t see each other.

In my experience, Epson printers are a pain in the arse regarding scanning, hence why a cable will always work.

Does the printer appear in your printer list on your pc/Mac ?
I think you might be on to something.

I'm tempted to uninstall all the Epson software, and reinstall from the Epson website. I used the disk that came with the printer, and that seemed to lead to the online updates, but I'm not convinced it went as smooth as it should have.

There appears to be 2 Epson printers in the printer list (both XP-7100), but one is called Network01 and the other by the S/N.

Seems over complicated, as they seemed to treat the printer and the scanner as two separate entities.