View Single Post
Old 27-02-2021, 01:25 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
The Whitehorse was the first place I stood on when I first went in 77/78 season when I was 5. Well, I didn’t stand....my dad sat me on one of the red and blue painted barriers so I could see. Was also there for the great night the following season against Burnley.

Wasn’t it shared with away fans sometimes? Maybe they were in the tier above? I’ve got memories of Forest at home, hearing a Nottingham accent behind me, being rather too vocal. Also recall it kicking off big time with Bristol Rovers fans as we left the ground from the edge of the pitch, and my mum and dad shielding me as there was a sudden stampede to get at Rovers. Never forget; saw a young man smash his head up against a concrete wall. I was only 6. Thought it was all very exciting. I guess these days I would’ve gone into year long therapy to try and deal with the trauma.

Loved the look of Selhurst then before Bloye sold us down the river. Looked more symmetrical and just adored the red and blue panels at the top of the facade of the Arthur. It was all so iconic. It was ironic that the terrace was pulled down for probably the worst season I can remember supporting the club - 80/81 relegation season. The bare stand with just a cheap bit of wood panel fencing with just a few hundred fans stood in front, reflected the depression that had hit the club suddenly after such heady and exciting times.

I never get the hate for Noades that still remains to this day, when surely the previous incumbent deserves the derision. In fact, the decision he made to sell that land to Sainsbury’s, is still holding our club back 40 years later.

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m