View Single Post
Old 20-03-2021, 01:42 PM

ian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12bus View Post
Royle’s assault on Jacko was as bad as it gets; Dawes lost control of the game lthere and then. I remember the photo of the injury clearly showed six stud marks high on the thigh.
Maybe just a power fantasy, but I recall Hughes legging it 40 yards to put Johnson into the Old Stand.
I can still remember this game very well. Tommy 'Smiler' Dawes was one of the least respected refs at that time (who also remembers Harry New). Totally lost control after five minutes and later threatened to abandon the game. Police had to come to his aid as well as John Hughes. Attached are the pics from the next home programme showing the injury to Jacko.

Both Bert Head and Arthur Wait criticised Dawes heavily afterwards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CP v Everton Jan 1972.jpg (341.4 KB, 53 views)