View Single Post
Old 25-02-2005, 01:59 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Neil the Eagle
I didn't see it listed myself, but as you know, I certainly wouldn't bid against you for any item.
ditto and thanks (although I don't hold back against anyone who has crossed me!)

Not sure how serious you are about filling the gaps in your cig card collection, but <I'm gonna regret this> did you know there is a monthly fair in London? (which I've been to a few times). It is the world centre for Roy Cropper* type anoraks! But I've seen plenty of the Palace cards which you are probably missing, and even if you set yourself a threshold, i.e. "I am not going to pay more than £5 a card", or "I am not going to spend more than £20 today", you would still come away with some good stuff. Let me know via pm if you want details, similarly if you want to arrange to scan stuff (although my mantra for everything like this at the moment is "in the close season"!

* Coronation Street "anorak"
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013