View Single Post
Old 30-03-2021, 07:16 PM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
Week ending 30 March 1991 saw three new entries into the top ten:

Let There Be Love by Simple Minds - I didn't and I have no recollection of this song.

Secret Love by Bee Gees

Also appearing very low on the bill that year were a largely unknown Nirvana, who I didn't think much of. Shows what I know.
I pride myself on my 80s chart knowledge but your comments on this post highlight that by '91, I was not quite as fussed about music and almost solely devoted to the Palace. Cannot remember that Bee Gees song at all, or the Simple Minds one and I quite liked Simple Minds as well - not my favourite band but a solid 7/10 for sure.

As for Nirvana, that's fascinating - barely four months later and they were massive!