Thread: The Beatles
View Single Post
Old 25-02-2021, 10:57 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
Have to say only few Beatles songs would make my top 20, and one of those is only because changing the words to yellow Submarine was the height of playground hilarity as an 8 year old . Revolution , and hey Jude were pretty good though . I think the who, the small faces, the kinks , and the stones wrote better songs at the time , the Beatles though had a very well oiled PR machine, which was only ever matched by Loog Oldham and the stones . Had they still been around in the 70's I'm not so sure they could have sustained it up against the likes of Bowie either .
Absolute nonsense

I love The Kinks and Bowie too, but no one came close to equalling the Beatles in sheer volume of quality songs written. It’s not even a debate. The Stones hung onto their coat tails.

On the White Album: yes, could’ve shaved it down by about ten tracks but in a way, the scattergun approach of different tastes, sounds and ideas kind of makes it unique and therefore a great album. You’ve got to remember that they’d been out to Rishikesh, meditating with the Maharishi. They had loads of time on their hands, coupled with the act of meditation that gave the old creative juices a spring clean, and they had a songwriting explosion. The album always seems to me like a slide show of what you did on your holidays.

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m