View Single Post
Old 04-04-2021, 05:00 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
This one hurt. I don’t remember too much about the game other than the galling feeling of watching Quinn wheel away delighted after each goal with an almost shocked look on his face. We were a big scalp in those days. Peter Reid must’ve been at least 53 by then and somehow was still able to pull the strings.

Looking back you do wonder how much our Wembley final appearance in 6 days time affected this and the Sunderland result. As a player it must be in the back of your mind not to get injured and risk missing out on such a big occasion. Which makes the previous seasons meaningless league games in the run up to the FA Cup Final all the more perplexing, especially the Wimbledon game where we literally went to war with them 10 days before the FA Cup Final!

Anyway, a poor result and the first back to back defeats that season, which was a feat in itself. Notice that we sported I think for the first time the slightly altered sponsorship on our shirts. In the next couple of days I’ll add my newspaper previews I still have of the forthcoming Zenith Data Systems Final.

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m