Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 25-02-2021, 05:56 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Yoko’s constant heavy stony faced presence can’t have helped either.
She made quite a new career for herself whn she came out of that TV screen in the Japanese horror movie.

You would feel a bit disturbed waking up in the night seeing her staring at you.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 25-02-2021, 05:59 PM
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Beatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
George Harrison would have been celebrating his 78th Birthday today - I hate bloody Cancer!

"And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySwY7...eature=related
Old 25-02-2021, 06:03 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatleboy View Post
When Paul McCartney leaves this mortal coil, it will be as big a deal worldwide as when ELVIS died. .
Ha Ha.

I am not an expert of his solo stuff. But there are probably no worse songs in the English language than Mull of ****yre, Frog's Chorus, Ebony and Ivory, and Say, Say, Say.

Multiple concerts, benefits, and grand occasions world wide, and he comes waltzing onto the stage to finish with Hey Jude and Let it Be.....time and time again.

And he shoed in his wife to sing with Wings, when she had a worst voice than Dot Cotton.

Old 25-02-2021, 06:06 PM

He has done wonderfully well for himself financially, career wise, and in entertainment on the back of Lennon's talent.

I doubt we should be continuing to celebrate that.

But people continue to buy his tosh.

Old 25-02-2021, 06:37 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatleboy View Post
George Harrison would have been celebrating his 78th Birthday today - I hate bloody Cancer!
A real genius.

Have you heard the story of when a young Phil Collins played bongos on "All Things Must Pass"?

To view the link you have to Register or Login

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 25-02-2021, 06:49 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Ha Ha.

I am not an expert of his solo stuff. But there are probably no worse songs in the English language than Mull of ****yre, Frog's Chorus, Ebony and Ivory, and Say, Say, Say.

Multiple concerts, benefits, and grand occasions world wide, and he comes waltzing onto the stage to finish with Hey Jude and Let it Be.....time and time again.

And he shoed in his wife to sing with Wings, when she had a worst voice than Dot Cotton.
Don't forget he also, when about to be pulled over for carrying drugs, stashed them in his wifes bag.

Horrible bloke.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 25-02-2021, 06:54 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
So its not hype really is it its just others subjective opinion, the fact that you have a different subjective opinion still doesn't make it hype. Each to their own I say.
All opinions are subjective, it's a tad redundant to repeatedly say "subjective opinion."

noun: hype
extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion.
"his first album hit the stores amid a storm of hype"

The Beatles are the biggest band of all time, and still one of the best selling in the 21st century. "Hype" is a more than a fair term to use for one of their most beloved albums. Whether you think said hype is merited, or believe it's unjustified like I do, makes zero difference to the accuracy of the statement: "hype around the white Album."

Last edited by CP-RJW; 25-02-2021 at 07:01 PM.
Old 25-02-2021, 07:09 PM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Have to say only few Beatles songs would make my top 20, and one of those is only because changing the words to yellow Submarine was the height of playground hilarity as an 8 year old . Revolution , and hey Jude were pretty good though . I think the who, the small faces, the kinks , and the stones wrote better songs at the time , the Beatles though had a very well oiled PR machine, which was only ever matched by Loog Oldham and the stones . Had they still been around in the 70's I'm not so sure they could have sustained it up against the likes of Bowie either .

Impervious to fvck bullets
Old 25-02-2021, 08:57 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
Have to say only few Beatles songs would make my top 20, and one of those is only because changing the words to yellow Submarine was the height of playground hilarity as an 8 year old . Revolution , and hey Jude were pretty good though . I think the who, the small faces, the kinks , and the stones wrote better songs at the time , the Beatles though had a very well oiled PR machine, which was only ever matched by Loog Oldham and the stones . Had they still been around in the 70's I'm not so sure they could have sustained it up against the likes of Bowie either .
Absolute nonsense

I love The Kinks and Bowie too, but no one came close to equalling the Beatles in sheer volume of quality songs written. It’s not even a debate. The Stones hung onto their coat tails.

On the White Album: yes, could’ve shaved it down by about ten tracks but in a way, the scattergun approach of different tastes, sounds and ideas kind of makes it unique and therefore a great album. You’ve got to remember that they’d been out to Rishikesh, meditating with the Maharishi. They had loads of time on their hands, coupled with the act of meditation that gave the old creative juices a spring clean, and they had a songwriting explosion. The album always seems to me like a slide show of what you did on your holidays.

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m
Old 25-02-2021, 09:02 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
I am a big fan of his but like all the Beatles they seem to be able to write about 6 decent songs per album and the other 6 or 7 are just average. McCartney was always the worst at that and some of his solo stuff is really poorly written. I understand he is the type of person who likes to writes a song in one day and on some of his stuff it sounds to me like the song should have been worked on more and maybe he would have been more accomplished had he written 2 albums and then had someone take the best from both and made 1 album.
I kind of feel the same with the White Album, they should have made it a single rather than a double and worked or dropped the lesser tracks for a later album, although a number of tracks being developed during the White Album ended up in Let it Be and Abbey Road.
Always felt that about Macca’s solo output. I think both Paul and John missed the other in terms of objective editor and critique of each other’s offerings.

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m
Old 25-02-2021, 09:04 PM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is herestrolling bones Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Absolute nonsense

I love The Kinks and Bowie too, but no one came close to equalling the Beatles in sheer volume of quality songs written. It’s not even a debate. The Stones hung onto their coat tails.

On the White Album: yes, could’ve shaved it down by about ten tracks but in a way, the scattergun approach of different tastes, sounds and ideas kind of makes it unique and therefore a great album. You’ve got to remember that they’d been out to Rishikesh, meditating with the Maharishi. They had loads of time on their hands, coupled with the act of meditation that gave the old creative juices a spring clean, and they had a songwriting explosion. The album always seems to me like a slide show of what you did on your holidays.
The stones hung on to their coat tails ?

Impervious to fvck bullets
Old 25-02-2021, 09:09 PM

Location: Hiding behind Maidstoned who's hiding behind Biggus
garronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is here
In my opinion, the biggest British music icon of all time is still alive and that's Mick Jagger.
Old 25-02-2021, 09:12 PM

garronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is heregarronrav Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
The stones hung on to their coat tails ?
63 years now and still going
I don't think they've been holding onto anyones coat tails.
Old 25-02-2021, 09:13 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
I do think the Kinks are underestimated whenever someone or other looks back at that period. I liked all of those mentioned above (Who, Stones, Beatles, Kinks) but the first three seem to get far more credit than the Davies mob. Some great memories.
Old 25-02-2021, 09:17 PM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
The Kinks above the Who, for me, and the Small Faces right up in that company as well.
Though unlike Martin, I did not have the good fortune to be able to see any of these acts live in the 60s.
Old 25-02-2021, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I do think the Kinks are underestimated whenever someone or other looks back at that period. I liked all of those mentioned above (Who, Stones, Beatles, Kinks) but the first three seem to get far more credit than the Davies mob. Some great memories.
Probably because the first 3 made more material than The Kinks, they've done some great stuff but it would probably fit on one or two albums
Old 25-02-2021, 09:34 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by garronrav View Post
In my opinion, the biggest British music icon of all time is still alive and that's Mick Jagger.
Good nomination, as far as individuals go (I think the Beatles just win by default if we count bands). Saw the Stones at Twickenham in 2018, Jagger’s still got it.

Ozzy is up there. He defined and influenced metal in a way that very few individuals have in any respective music genre.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 25-02-2021 at 09:36 PM.
Old 25-02-2021, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post

Ozzy is up there. He defined and influenced future metal in a way that very few individuals have in any respective music genre.
Ardiles or Osgood?
Old 25-02-2021, 09:47 PM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
I've never bought into The Beatles v the rest debate. It is possible to like or dislike certain bands. Or even individual songs from bands you like. I am a great Beatles fan but admit they wrote some crap. Growing up I listened to all the bands mentioned and a few more not mentioned. Basically I grew up in a time of great music and never thought one was superior to the other . As Gladys Knight would say" I guess you can say that I've been lucky"
Old 25-02-2021, 09:49 PM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by garronrav View Post
Ardiles or Osgood?
Ardiles was a good singer , who can forget his knees going all trembley. The only word they could rhyme with Wembley