Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 11-06-2021, 07:08 AM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
[QUOTE=917L;15836105]Thoughts on this

Apologies can’t embed

Tommy Robinson gave the first reply.

Last edited by Hpalace; 11-06-2021 at 07:37 AM.
Old 11-06-2021, 07:10 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Tommy Robinson gave the first reply.
I didnít read any comments, just saw the video and wondered what others thought
Old 11-06-2021, 07:21 AM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
I didnít read any comments, just saw the video and wondered what others thought
Itís put together by far right activist Danny roscoe and supported by the likes of Tommy Robinson and his EDL mates.

Iím not all that keen on supporting them by watching it.
Old 11-06-2021, 07:30 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
It’s put together by far right activist Danny roscoe and supported by the likes of Tommy Robinson and his EDL mates.

I’m not all that keen on supporting them by watching it.
Serious question, (and not challenging what you say) why would a black man support a far right group?

I’ve deleted the link if that is the case
Old 11-06-2021, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Serious question, (and not challenging what you say) why would a black man support a far right group?
**** knows. I watched some of it as it didnít seem fair not too. The bloke moans about politics being in football with The taking of the knee and then goes on to complain about FIFA banning poppies. I gave up watching when he put up a picture of Rashford and whinged that players donít know anything about poverty and donít give back to their communities.

Had to give up at that point as it was simple far right activism.

I take you at face value when you say you didnít know who he was and hadnít read the comments but Iíd suggest you delete the link and Iíll do the same.
Old 11-06-2021, 07:59 AM

Dogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Maybe because he doesn't see the colour of his skin as a barrier to being anti communist , ultra nationalist and authoritarian .
He has seen past his colour , something that 'taking the knee' is supposed to be promoting .

Or are we only allowed to be colour blind if its on the terms of left wing ideology ?

Last edited by Dogburger; 11-06-2021 at 08:05 AM.
Old 11-06-2021, 08:02 AM

Herr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHerr Colonpharter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
**** knows. I watched some of it as it didnít seem fair not too. The bloke moans about politics being in football with The taking of the knee and then goes on to complain about FIFA banning poppies. I gave up watching when he put up a picture of Rashford and whinged that players donít know anything about poverty and donít give back to their communities.

I take you at face value when you say you didnít know who he was and hadnít read the comments but Iíd suggest you delete the link and Iíll do the same.
Appeared to me he was highlighting the contradiction of selective approval of certain political gestures by the authorities and thus in the interests of consistency prohibit them all?
Old 11-06-2021, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Colonpharter View Post
Appeared to me he was highlighting the contradiction of selective approval of certain political gestures by the authorities and thus in the interests of consistency prohibit them all?
I know. Lazy and simplistic isnít it?

As an aside his Twitter feed is a laugh. Vaccine conspiracy theorist, anti Muslim extremist, mask protestor, alllivesmatter nationalist who wants to support his team on Sunday by organizing a protest booing them. For those that canít attend they can email their boos and he will play them.
Old 11-06-2021, 08:28 AM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Not really politics though, it's a social issue. Only the far right would think issues are racial prejudice and racism in football was a political issue.
Old 11-06-2021, 08:34 AM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
BBS used to be a friendlier forum to air one's views, but now every thread is infected by idealogue politicos
And sex pests

FWL Honours:

Premiership: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20. Runners Up: 9, 13, 14, 15, 17.
FA Cup: 4, 17. Runners Up: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 18.
Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield
Old 11-06-2021, 09:17 AM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:

FIFA banning poppies kind of makes sense, when you think about it, in relation to the international game, given the history of the British militarily with quite a few International Nations. I don't really agree with that, but I can see why it might be an issue for some African nations FAs, Asian Nations FAs and say the Argentine FA.

But I'm also generally of the opinion that I have no interest at all in what the likes of Robinson and Roscoe have to say, as they rarely actually mean what they say, rather its about highjacking issues for political support.

For all their 'stance on Grooming gangs' they actually did f**k all except exploit it for their own recruitment, whilst simultaneously distracting attention from those who did actually bring it to light. All it was for them was a chance to create greater divisions for their own gain.
Old 11-06-2021, 09:46 AM

Skin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is hereSkin Up Sam the man is here
I see in the 'Auld Enemy' Euro fixture England will be taking the knee but Scotland have deemed it unnecessary. Gawd if the countries were reversed the Jocks would need oxygen tanks as they'd be on such high horses.
Old 11-06-2021, 09:47 AM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogstar721 View Post
FIFA banning poppies kind of makes sense, when you think about it, in relation to the international game, given the history of the British militarily with quite a few International Nations. I don't really agree with that, but I can see why it might be an issue for some African nations FAs, Asian Nations FAs and say the Argentine FA.
Forgive me if this has already been covered in another thread and I don't intend to derail this one but...I have always understood the poppy to be a symbol of remembrance of all those whose lives were lost in the 1st World War (on all sides of the conflict) and hence it's association with WW1 Armistice Day, 11th November. With the poppy symbol being hijacked and associated with all wars and essentially the British soldier, it's meaning has been tarnished and it is sadly now a controversial symbol which FIFA chooses to ban.

The purity of "taking the knee" in support of anti-racism has also been hijacked by it's association with BLM, the political group and yet there is no talk of banning "the knee". Rightly so as it happens. Nonetheless it is a shame that a similar defence cannot be made for the use of the poppy as a symbol of Remembrance.
Old 11-06-2021, 10:01 AM

cockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is herecockneyrebel Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogburger View Post
Maybe because he doesn't see the colour of his skin as a barrier to being anti communist , ultra nationalist and authoritarian .
He has seen past his colour , something that 'taking the knee' is supposed to be promoting .

Or are we only allowed to be colour blind if its on the terms of left wing ideology ?
Given the people he is assocating himself with are a bunch of nasty racist ****s then it isn't seeing past race at all is it. Indeed if there is racism in society how can you see past race, it's something that needs to be dealt with.

There have always been a few people from minority groups who latch on to far right groups. Doesn't make the views of the far right any better or any more acceptable.
Old 11-06-2021, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palacemetros View Post
Forgive me if this has already been covered in another thread and I don't intend to derail this one but...I have always understood the poppy to be a symbol of remembrance of all those whose lives were lost in the 1st World War (on all sides of the conflict) and hence it's association with WW1 Armistice Day, 11th November. With the poppy symbol being hijacked and associated with all wars and essentially the British soldier, it's meaning has been tarnished and it is sadly now a controversial symbol which FIFA chooses to ban.

The purity of "taking the knee" in support of anti-racism has also been hijacked by it's association with BLM, the political group and yet there is no talk of banning "the knee". Rightly so as it happens. Nonetheless it is a shame that a similar defence cannot be made for the use of the poppy as a symbol of Remembrance.
I think that's the 'story', but its very much a British thing and supports the British Legion, though its also a Commonwealth thing. Not every country in the world though is going to have such as positive view of British veterans - and its primarily a British thing (not an English thing).

The rest of the world doesn't share a British perception, and FIFA (and god do I hate defending them) have to represent all of its member states, not just ours. If it was the FA banning poppies on shirts etc, I'd be angry as f**k - but FIFA represent all footballing nations.

People like Robinson and Roscoe don't tend to think critically or in terms that their perception of something may well be different from others, reasonable isn't a forte of extreme political views, because if they were reasonable they wouldn't exist.
Old 11-06-2021, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogburger View Post

Its a bit of a misnomer that all Far Right Groups are racist. In more recent decades certain groups have certainly at least had the pretense of being 'Nationalist' in definition, and typically shifted their 'presentation' towards being about 'citizens vs immigrants'.

The EDL is definitely one of them, though it does have an issue with racists in the organisation, its tried to distance itself in the past from the BNP and National Front. You'll even find people in the BNP who are not racist (though the BNP is a racist party, its rhetoric is definitely scaled back from the National Front).

The BNP for example, split from the National Front, and one of the primary reasons was to 'move away from basing their political policy around race' - as this was clearly very unpopular outside the Party. Now that doesn't mean that the BNP isn't racist, or doesn't have racist members, its just means they're much more careful to avoid race.

The reality is probably that they're are racists within the EDL, but that its not a central theme of the party. Most Unionist and Loyalist groups are deeply racist, but will often avoid talking about race and their views to protect their position (Sectarianism is another matter).

Personally, I don't see why anyone would be a member of a far right group, let alone people who are gay, black or women. But then the NF never recovered from the fact that a large number of its openly homophobic leadership were in fact gay or bisexual. Gay people are also Catholics, Women support movements that regard women as being property.

Humans are complex, and often the reasons for joining a far right group aren't even political. I know at least two people through my dad in AA who were in the National Front because they loved to fight (neither really gave much of s**t about race or racial politics - the appeal of the NF to them was the violence - When they quit drinking (and in both cases drugs) they completely changed.
Old 11-06-2021, 10:48 AM

N Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is hereN Herts Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post

There have always been a few people from minority groups who latch on to far right groups. Doesn't make the views of the far right any better or any more acceptable.
Comedy gold from someone who was happy to quote far left Jewish individuals and groups regularly at me. What's wrong the wrong type of black guy.
Old 11-06-2021, 11:10 AM
Not Tommy Robinson's Dad

hong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is herehong_kong_hg Sam the man is here
Says the one who thinks Human Right Watch and Amnesty International aren't credible organisations (a classic far right trope of course).
Old 11-06-2021, 11:47 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousone View Post
Its a well know saying, which I'm sure you have heard before so stick your loaded question up your arse

Rattled. Sorry hard nut.

Breathin deep, breathin easy...
Old 11-06-2021, 11:49 AM

Dogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDogburger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockneyrebel View Post
Given the people he is assocating himself with are a bunch of nasty racist ****s then it isn't seeing past race at all is it. Indeed if there is racism in society how can you see past race, it's something that needs to be dealt with.

I didn't really say he was seeing past race I said he was seeing past the colour of his skin which was the question posed .

I would slightly disagree with your last sentence CR . People from all walks of life join right wing groups including people from the far right . They are rightly pushed to the fringes or over time barred .

If we are judged by our associates we are all guilty .