Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 17-08-2022, 04:17 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
I liked the look of the Kia EV6 - it's a ground up build of an EV, doesn't share anything and Kia want to go forward on EV so that's a great start.
Not with ICE cars but is in fact same underneath as Hyundai Ioniq 5 & 6 and Genesis GV60, all of which are also highly rated by the motoring mags.

Last edited by stamford triumph; 17-08-2022 at 04:20 PM.
Old 17-08-2022, 04:29 PM

Norwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is here
The Genesis GV60 is f**king beautiful.

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 17-08-2022, 04:38 PM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Quite like the look of the Enyaq vRS
Old 17-08-2022, 04:45 PM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford triumph View Post
Not with ICE cars but is in fact same underneath as Hyundai Ioniq 5 & 6 and Genesis GV60, all of which are also highly rated by the motoring mags.

Yes that's what I meant, it's not a compromise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
Quite like the look of the Enyaq vRS
That just looks like a beemer though
Old 17-08-2022, 04:46 PM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Old 17-08-2022, 11:01 PM

Gooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is hereGooders Sam the man is here
Read an article about going on caravan holidays in your electric car and basically, you won't.

Some bloke was testing an electric Skoda costing 40 grand (as to that, **** off!) and once he'd hooked up the caravan he discovered that its maximum range went from 280 miles to 95.

I mean, caravan holidays are probably torturous enough at the best of times without having to stop every 5 minutes to charge the feckin' battery.

Back to the drawing board.
Old 17-08-2022, 11:03 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooders View Post
Read an article about going on caravan holidays in your electric car and basically, you won't.

Some bloke was testing an electric Skoda costing 40 grand (as to that, **** off!) and once he'd hooked up the caravan he discovered that its maximum range went from 280 miles to 95.

I mean, caravan holidays are probably torturous enough at the best of times without having to stop every 5 minutes to charge the feckin' battery.

So that's another benefit of electric cars then
Old 17-08-2022, 11:10 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
So that's another benefit of electric cars then
Old 18-08-2022, 12:26 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

lol

The new Kia Niro EV (new name) comes with a 3 pin plug adapter out the front so you can power things off your car battery. I presume that this is a lovely little feature for camping with the kids kind of thing. I can see I would've found this a useful feature at one point, nice idea.

Last edited by Spindle; 18-08-2022 at 12:28 AM.
Old 18-08-2022, 10:27 AM

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooders View Post

Or you could read an article in Autocar about towing a caravan with the same car and find a different conclusion:

"What have we learned from this exercise?

First, that with a well-matched caravan, the Enyaq is an excellent tow car, being powerful, smooth and stable. Its reversing camera enables you to back it up to the caravanís tow hitch precisely, too. Towing sends its range plummeting around 50% but to a still respectable 150 miles, which is surely enough towing for one day."

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 18-08-2022, 10:51 AM

Norwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Or you could read an article in Autocar about towing a caravan with the same car and find a different conclusion:

"What have we learned from this exercise?

First, that with a well-matched caravan, the Enyaq is an excellent tow car, being powerful, smooth and stable. Its reversing camera enables you to back it up to the caravanís tow hitch precisely, too. Towing sends its range plummeting around 50% but to a still respectable 150 miles, which is surely enough towing for one day."

Also of course you won't find that performance is matched in an Electric Car when towing. That is the same as Petrol and Diesel because you are lugging a great big object down the road.

It is also new technology, it will take a lot and other issues to be sorted for it to become reasonable.

I really like the look of the Enyaq, again if I had the money...

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 18-08-2022, 02:45 PM

Want more towing ability from an EV? This might fit the bill. 4 tonnes, 0-60 in 3.5 seconds and can tow a Saturn rocket!

Old 18-08-2022, 06:17 PM
old git

pallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is herepallet Sam the man is here
On holiday and in a hire car, its a 3008 hybrd
Charged it over night so it had a full charge and reckon we did about 30 miles before it went back petrol.
Old 18-08-2022, 06:32 PM

Kai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is here
Has had my Tesla Model 3 for a month now. Loving it!
Old 19-08-2022, 12:48 PM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Quote:
Want more towing ability from an EV? This might fit the bill. 4 tonnes, 0-60 in 3.5 seconds and can tow a Saturn rocket!

What a beast! Imagine the charging times lol
Old 19-08-2022, 12:50 PM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post
Has had my Tesla Model 3 for a month now. Loving it!
What one do you have? What are your experiences? Likes/dislikes etc.
Old 19-08-2022, 05:59 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Well I have to say my experience of charging away from home this week has been decidedly indifferent. Rather than having 'loads', most of Poole's seem to be either non-type 2, or situated in the car parks of businesses: not very handy if I don't want to do a weekly shop in Aldi. Even looking in to the Shell garage proudly proclaiming its fast chargers, I found them to be non-type 2. Asking at the counter when paying for my petrol, the woman told me they were newly installed, so it seems Shell (or whoever runs the chargers) are putting in equipment that is already obsolescent.

There were no chargers in Wareham shown on Google or Apple Maps - though I subsequently found an entry on Zap Map from 11 months ago suggesting there was a charging point at a car showroom a bit to the south of town. Is it still there, though?

The MER charges in Wimborne were incompatible with type 2.

A newer MER setup in Dorchester had type 2, and after needing to phone their helpdesk because their own app didn't list that location, I managed to charge at 37p/kWh. Unfortunately it was little faster than a trickle charge, and after 3 hours and 50 minutes even my hybrid Volvo's little battery was less than 3/4rs full.

So my experience in this corner of Dorset makes me glad I have a hybrid and not a full EV - this part of the world would effectively be off-limits otherwise. And if 'planning my journey' means avoiding huge swathes of the country, that's a huge disincentive to go full EV. Good luck to those who have - but I just don't see that the country is anywhere near ready for a switch to EV. Maybe that will change in the next couple of years, but it certainly needs to happen before many more vehicles are sold. The roads will be awash with broken-down EVs lacking charge otherwise.
Old 19-08-2022, 06:12 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
Well I have to say my experience of charging away from home this week has been decidedly indifferent. Rather than having 'loads', most of Poole's seem to be either non-type 2, or situated in the car parks of businesses: not very handy if I don't want to do a weekly shop in Aldi. Even looking in to the Shell garage proudly proclaiming its fast chargers, I found them to be non-type 2. Asking at the counter when paying for my petrol, the woman told me they were newly installed, so it seems Shell (or whoever runs the chargers) are putting in equipment that is already obsolescent.

There were no chargers in Wareham shown on Google or Apple Maps - though I subsequently found an entry on Zap Map from 11 months ago suggesting there was a charging point at a car showroom a bit to the south of town. Is it still there, though?

The MER charges in Wimborne were incompatible with type 2.

A newer MER setup in Dorchester had type 2, and after needing to phone their helpdesk because their own app didn't list that location, I managed to charge at 37p/kWh. Unfortunately it was little faster than a trickle charge, and after 3 hours and 50 minutes even my hybrid Volvo's little battery was less than 3/4rs full.

So my experience in this corner of Dorset makes me glad I have a hybrid and not a full EV - this part of the world would effectively be off-limits otherwise. And if 'planning my journey' means avoiding huge swathes of the country, that's a huge disincentive to go full EV. Good luck to those who have - but I just don't see that the country is anywhere near ready for a switch to EV. Maybe that will change in the next couple of years, but it certainly needs to happen before many more vehicles are sold. The roads will be awash with broken-down EVs lacking charge otherwise.
Iíve done 35k miles over the last 18 months & been to places such as Plymouth, Edinburgh, Norwich, Hartlepool, Barrow, Liverpool, Bristol, Cardiff, Bradford, Morecambe, Newport, Oldham, Leeds, Portsmouth, Blackburn, Exeter, Swansea, Crewe, Carlisle & Shrewsbury - but admittedly not to Poole. I havenít had one problem charging & Iíve not seen one broken down EV. Either Iíve planned it all properly or Iíve been proper lucky.
Old 19-08-2022, 06:18 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
It's so hit-and-miss. I was in Weymouth a couple of months ago, and the hotel had dedicated spaces for EVs - you had to plug in your own cable for a trickle charge, but it was gratis, available and commendable. (But even then - what if the spaces had been occupied by others?)

This week I'm staying in a holiday let flat with no provision, so anyone with an EV is necessarily on the back foot and reliant on public points.

As I say, if 'planning' involves restricting where we can drive to, the country's not ready for EVs.
Old 19-08-2022, 06:32 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
It's so hit-and-miss. I was in Weymouth a couple of months ago, and the hotel had dedicated spaces for EVs - you had to plug in your own cable for a trickle charge, but it was gratis, available and commendable. (But even then - what if the spaces had been occupied by others?)

This week I'm staying in a holiday let flat with no provision, so anyone with an EV is necessarily on the back foot and reliant on public points.

As I say, if 'planning' involves restricting where we can drive to, the country's not ready for EVs.
If youíre expecting every holiday let flat to provide a charging point, you are going to be disappointed. Of course youíll need to use public chargers. Whatís the postcode? You need a CCS2 rather than a CHAdeMO, right?