Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 16-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
I failed the online credit check. WTF? I have an unblemished credit history over the past 18 months.

Edit - passed now. I remember now why I left o2 before!

Last edited by Brett; 16-04-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 16-04-2008, 10:09 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
o2 are awful when it comes to credit ratings. Blacklisted me as they reckoned I owed then 12p (one days line rental), I wish they were available with a decent carrier rather than those idiots.
Old 17-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
The hassle was worth it - this is a really cool device.

I'm a bit stunned why so many people are queueing up (well, on the Beeb) to knock it. People should remember that this is the first true phone Apple have created. Comparing it to phones from Nokia and their 25+ years experience in the field, the iPhone holds up amazingly well and can't be denied the fact that it's shaken long-time cell phone manufacturers in their boots, all in less than a year.

If it's a shit device, why is everyone now copying it?
Old 17-04-2008, 09:10 PM

CPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Anyone know how watchable is BBC iplayer via EDGE internet??
Old 17-04-2008, 09:13 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
It won't let you
Old 17-04-2008, 09:16 PM

CPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
It won't let you
hmmm. Thanks for letting me know.
Old 21-04-2008, 08:04 AM
Binned by Muderators

I'm having to take this puppy back.

The sound is horrific on speaker and via the earbuds. Distortion, scratching and buzzing on anything above +1 volume on speaker and 50% on earbuds.

I don't have any of this on my iPod Nano so I'm a bit shocked and disappointed that the self-styled world's best iPod is so shite.

Is anybody else having or had problems with the sound?
Old 21-04-2008, 09:33 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Sounds like a fault
Old 21-04-2008, 09:42 AM
Binned by Muderators

I can't listen watch YouTube at all as any sound on it is distorted totally; really horrible noise from it.

Are you not meant to watch YouTube without having the earbuds in? I can't believe that is the intention.
Old 21-04-2008, 09:45 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

You have a fault
Old 21-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Binned by Muderators

I know - I'm just trying to eek out of having to go back to CPW. Shopping holocaust.
Old 21-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Sucks, bad luck
Old 21-04-2008, 07:44 PM
Binned by Muderators

Hmm - I tweaked a bass setting in the iPod settings and the problem has gone away.

Going to monitor it a bit before the returns period expires but seems promising.
Old 21-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

I tweaked nada
Old 21-04-2008, 08:12 PM

KingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not say
Quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Hmm - I tweaked a bass setting in the iPod settings and the problem has gone away.

Going to monitor it a bit before the returns period expires but seems promising.
Safer taking it back..don't want the proble return the day after the return period!
Old 29-04-2008, 09:05 AM
What now?!!

toucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of ninetoucaneagle keeps it in mind, eight times out of nine
Hot off the press...

Foxconn, who manufacture the iphone for Apple, has reportedly been given an order for 3m units of the next gen 3G iphone with production set to start in May. Probable announcement at the World Wide Developers Conference keynote on June 9th. The interesting part is that the total order is for 24-25 million units over the life-cycle of the product.

Sounds like Apple think this is a killer device...
Old 29-04-2008, 10:04 AM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by toucaneagle
Hot off the press...

Foxconn, who manufacture the iphone for Apple, has reportedly been given an order for 3m units of the next gen 3G iphone with production set to start in May. Probable announcement at the World Wide Developers Conference keynote on June 9th. The interesting part is that the total order is for 24-25 million units over the life-cycle of the product.

Sounds like Apple think this is a killer device...
well 3G solves the most apparent problem with the iphone, that of limited data streaming over GPRS (/whatever it uses?). the internet function of the phone, plus the nice little bits like Google Maps, youtube, really rely heavily on solid consistent data streaming. Once they alleviate that problem, tweak the software a little bit, minor things here and there, they will indeed have a killer device. i really feel it will do for the mobile telecommunications industry what the ipod did for the mp3 playing industry. (well what i mean is it will have a similar impact in terms of growth in market share, phones are already ready big business and there are a number of respected players, unlike the pre-ipod mp3 days).

interesting times indeed.

One thing i would like them to tweak is that when you are writing emails, notes, using the applications on the home page, you cant turn the screen thus lengthening the keyboard. i dont know why this is but its pretty annoying.
Old 29-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

3G presents it's own problems/ How likely are 02 to ship unlimited data, not very. 3G will murder battery life and generate more heat.

I'll still be getting one when they eventually get released here although I expect that will be a bit away.
Old 29-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
One thing i would like them to tweak is that when you are writing emails, notes, using the applications on the home page, you cant turn the screen thus lengthening the keyboard. i dont know why this is but its pretty annoying.
fixed in next release iirc
Old 09-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Bearded Member

Niceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What are peoples opinions with the Iphone 2 then? Overall, im pleased it has 3g though we will still have to see what data restrictions O2 put in place, and GPS is good. Disapointed not to get a 32gig one, only 8 and 16gig available at the moment.

The biggest headline though is the price, with it looking to be just over 100 for the 8gig and 150 for the 16gig.

They come out on the 11th July, and I will be getting one then.