Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 21-02-2021, 02:59 PM
Mutant Algorithm

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
The Hannon doc on the BBCiPlayer is entertaining.
Enjoyed it. Shame no mention of Setanta Records which I used to part own but it wasn't that kind of show. Surprised no mention of Our Mutual Friends which is a stunning track. Left me gobsmacked when I first heard it.

Last edited by Shoreditch CPFC; 21-02-2021 at 03:02 PM.
Old 21-02-2021, 07:05 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
Enjoyed it. Shame no mention of Setanta Records which I used to part own but it wasn't that kind of show. Surprised no mention of Our Mutual Friends which is a stunning track. Left me gobsmacked when I first heard it.
It's a great song, as is the title track from that album. If I had to choose just one Hannon song though, it would be 'To the Rescue'.
Old 21-02-2021, 07:21 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
I watched a brilliant one a while back though I forget it's name. It was about a white middle classed harmonica player who wanders into Harlem (I think) and ends up playing blues with a charismatic busker who lived (I think) on the streets. Going to do my head in now if I can't remember the title.

Edit - Satan and Adam

Last edited by Nostrils; 21-02-2021 at 07:33 PM.
Old 21-02-2021, 07:32 PM
Cookies make life better

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
Big Gold Dream: The Sound of Young Scotland 1977-1985

Old 12-03-2021, 06:24 PM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Bowie -The Last Five Years was fabulous and sad.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 12-03-2021, 06:38 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Bowie -The Last Five Years was fabulous and sad.
Yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed that one. What a buzz that must've been for the jazz band (I forget their name). That one of my favourite Bowie tracks.
Old 12-03-2021, 06:47 PM

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Jimmy Carter: Rock & Roll President

Available on Sky Arts. Pretty good.
Old 17-03-2021, 02:15 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Crock of Gold: A Few Rounds with Shane MacGowan - well worth a wtch

SaulAlinsky
Old 17-03-2021, 02:30 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
It was shown on BBC4 last night, so I imagine that it will be available on iPlayer for the time being for anyone who wants to watch it.
Old 17-03-2021, 02:53 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
This

Vision for Bangladesh. Please donate if you can

www.visionforbangladesh.org
Old 21-03-2021, 09:17 AM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
A couple I just posted on TV recommendations:

Blitzed on Sky Arts. An excellent documentary on the rise of the New Romantic music scene in the late 70s/early 80s. Loads of interesting interviews with the key people including Boy George, Marilyn, Midge Ure, Rusty Egan, Gary Kemp etc. I was into jazz funk and then ska at the time so provided some interesting insight into the other tribes and loads of nostalgia.

King Rocker on Sky Go. A documentary fronted by Stewart Lee exploring the life and times of Robert Lloyd, lead singer of Birmingham punk bands the Prefects and the Nightingales. It’s got a bit of Spinal Tap about it and it is very funny in parts and mystifying in others. It’s got a nice offbeat style and some unexpected interviews with people like Frank Skinner, who was briefly lead singer for the Prefects.
Old 22-03-2021, 01:01 AM

Eastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is here
2 hr programme about Polystyrene by her daughter on Sky Arts was a joy
Old 22-03-2021, 09:04 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Boy View Post
it was very interesting and moving for sure.

SaulAlinsky
Old 22-03-2021, 09:25 AM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
I watched 'XTC - this is pop' a couple of years ago.

It was a good programme, but I cannot find it anymore; I think it was on Sky Arts, originally.
Old 22-03-2021, 10:24 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Boy View Post
I'd arranged an interview with Poly and she passed away a few days before the date. So sad. Will try and find this film.

Ramones - End of the Century was interesting.

Old 26-03-2021, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign View Post
Big Gold Dream: The Sound of Young Scotland 1977-1985

Teenage superstars the follow up

SaulAlinsky
Old 26-03-2021, 03:32 PM
Old School BBS

Quote:
Teenage superstars the follow up
Are the Bay City Rollers and Slick in it?

Old 26-03-2021, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Are the Bay City Rollers and Slick in it?
No its more 80's stuff

jesus and mary chain
the pastels
the shop assistants
bmx bandits
etc

SaulAlinsky
Old 26-03-2021, 03:47 PM

Harry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is hereHarry Bassett Sam the man is here
Nothing to do with Music but I saw Peter Carter transport in Norfolk today.....just saying!
Old 26-03-2021, 03:51 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
For completeness (and getting value for money out of my typing), from the Movies thread:

Creation Stories on Sky Movies - a biopic about the infamous drug-crazed Alan McGee, his record label and the various bands that passed through, including Oasis. Based on his book which I read a couple of years ago, it’s a kind of Rocket Man on steroids (and any other substance that happened to be lying around), but less self-indulgent. Screenplay by Irvine Welsh, Directed by Danny Boyle with an excellent Ewen Bremner as the older McGee. 8/10