Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » BBS Forums » User Help and Suggestions

Notices

User Help and Suggestions This is the place to ask questions if you are having problems with the BBS such as logging in.

Old 02-04-2021, 10:05 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Like HH. The iOS app is no longer working me too now either. I know it had been removed but existing users could still use it. Is tapa app still working?

Thanks for all the work though, none the less guys.
No disrespect, but glad to hear you can't access the App either... it's good to hear it not just me!

I thought maybe I screwed up by clearing the cache!

Tried on the iPad with same results (who knew!). All is not lost and I just go direct to the website now, which can be a challenge to read, but well worth it for a better game day experience... God, that sounds like Steve Parish!
Old 03-04-2021, 06:59 AM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
No disrespect, but glad to hear you can't access the App either... it's good to hear it not just me!

I thought maybe I screwed up by clearing the cache!

Tried on the iPad with same results (who knew!). All is not lost and I just go direct to the website now, which can be a challenge to read, but well worth it for a better game day experience... God, that sounds like Steve Parish!

Yep, me too.

I tried what you have too but nothing. I have gone back to the website with safari but it’s far from easy when you’ve been used to the app - having to zoom in and out (modern day probs eh!). I am using the Tapatalk app which is similar but not as user friendly. Give it a go.
Old 03-04-2021, 08:05 AM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
The iPhone app is just showing the threads from the last time you viewed them and not updating so basically not working. I guess if you cleared the cache everything would disappear.

Old 03-04-2021, 08:07 AM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Posting this from the browser on the phone so not sure why we need an app. More important things to do vB5 awaits

Old 03-04-2021, 09:49 AM
Administrator

EddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is here
Thanks, Hedgehog and andyocpfc, for the additional info. If we find a way to fix this problem then of course we'll do it, but in all honesty we won't be able to spend much time on it as we have to focus on the vBulletin 5 upgrade, after which we hope to make a new mobile app available. For now you'll have to use the website or try the generic Tapatalk app.
Old 03-04-2021, 03:50 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieEdwards View Post
Thanks, Hedgehog and andyocpfc, for the additional info. If we find a way to fix this problem then of course we'll do it, but in all honesty we won't be able to spend much time on it as we have to focus on the vBulletin 5 upgrade, after which we hope to make a new mobile app available. For now you'll have to use the website or try the generic Tapatalk app.
Certainly understand, and a small sacrifice to make for a better main site.

I hope I didn't come across as "whining" as it was not my intention.

I'll take a look at this Tapatalk mentioned on here.
Old 03-04-2021, 05:27 PM
Administrator

EddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is hereEddieEdwards Sam the man is here
Quote:
I hope I didn't come across as "whining" as it was not my intention.
Not at all, all feedback is helpful when we're doing something like this.
Old 03-04-2021, 06:36 PM
The Spiky One

Well I got the Tapatalk app loaded and found cpfc.org. Got logged in and checked it out.

All working good.

Will take some getting used to, but definitely a good alternative and a little easier to read than the main web site on Safari.

Thanks for the suggestion Andy and Eddie.
Old 03-04-2021, 09:47 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Yep, no moaning from my part either. As HH says, Tapa is good enough but takes some getting used to but not as good as the original app. Keep up the good work chaps.
Old 04-04-2021, 09:52 AM

Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Had to log back in and got a message that looked like a Safari alert saying my password had become known through a data breach and did I want to change it.

Is this just an artefact of the work that has been done on the site?
Old 04-04-2021, 10:07 AM
Vapour Enthusiast

se1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Away View Post
Had to log back in and got a message that looked like a Safari alert saying my password had become known through a data breach and did I want to change it.

Is this just an artefact of the work that has been done on the site?
No - we haven't done anything like that.

If you're using the same password for multiple sites, and one of those sites gets compromised, then often the information gets published by the hackers. Apple tracks these password leaks and if you try and log in with details that are publicly available, it warns you.

I can't say for sure that the message you received is legitimate, but it won't hurt to change your BBS password if you're not sure.
Old 04-04-2021, 10:54 AM
AWM V 42 124,125

Quote:
Great stiff guys.

I am having a bit of an issue with the App on my iPhone. It wouldn't seem to reload so I cleared the Cache and logged out. Now it won't let me log back in. I get the message "Failed to process XML. Data due to unknown error".

No big deal, I didn't think the App was supported anymore anyway, but it was working yesterday. Thought you guys might like to know if it is not just me.
Bob, that's a bit personal.

Old 04-04-2021, 03:04 PM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
I have a peculiar situation that's developed as a result of the update.

I can no longer log in on my iPad using the Firefox browser. Invalid username or password. I've cleared the cache and all website data to no avail. I can log in using Safari just fine.

Any ideas guys?

"She likes it hard, that's her trouble."
Old 04-04-2021, 03:30 PM
Vapour Enthusiast

se1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is herese1eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimbloke'H' View Post

I can no longer log in on my iPad using the Firefox browser. Invalid username or password. I've cleared the cache and all website data to no avail. I can log in using Safari just fine.

Any ideas guys?
Hmm that’s odd. I just tested on Firefox on my wife’s iPad and I could log in fine, but I’ve never logged into the BBS with it before. Invalid username/password implies it’s sending bad credentials - do you have any saved passwords in the browser, or a password manager that could be using old details?

When you go to the forums on Firefox, I assume you see the latest posts/threads correctly?
Old 04-04-2021, 04:17 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brummie Allan View Post
That's what happens when you try and post from Safari on an iPhone!
Old 04-04-2021, 05:18 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 04-04-2021, 05:28 PM
AWM V 42 124,125

Quote:

Any ideas guys?
Firefox on my laptop has been logging on fine. Blank quotes are still happening.

Old 05-04-2021, 01:28 AM
Eagle in the Borders

Slimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is hereSlimbloke'H' Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by se1eagle View Post
Hmm that’s odd. I just tested on Firefox on my wife’s iPad and I could log in fine, but I’ve never logged into the BBS with it before. Invalid username/password implies it’s sending bad credentials - do you have any saved passwords in the browser, or a password manager that could be using old details?

When you go to the forums on Firefox, I assume you see the latest posts/threads correctly?
Second question first, yes the BBS is displaying just fine.

As you've implied, it's likely that the issue is at my end, but I can't see how. I have now tried deleting and reinstalling the Firefox app to hopefully rule out a corrupted installation/data cache. Made no difference.

I then tried the BBS's forgotten password route; copied and pasted the generated password from the email and again, no joy.

For good measure, Windows is now bouncing me out of login after a short period of inactivity - but at least it lets me log back in.

Is Les trying to tell me something?

EDIT: Second issue is again with Firefox, on a Windows 10 machine.

"She likes it hard, that's her trouble."
Old 05-04-2021, 07:04 AM
AWM V 42 124,125

Quote:
Second question first, yes the BBS is displaying just fine.

As you've implied, it's likely that the issue is at my end, but I can't see how. I have now tried deleting and reinstalling the Firefox app to hopefully rule out a corrupted installation/data cache. Made no difference.

I then tried the BBS's forgotten password route; copied and pasted the generated password from the email and again, no joy.

For good measure, Windows is now bouncing me out of login after a short period of inactivity - but at least it lets me log back in.

Is Les trying to tell me something?
Les has got a little reminder set, that every time you log in he logs you out

Old 05-04-2021, 08:39 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Les has got a little reminder set, that every time you log in he logs you out
Ooh, does he, can I suggest a few other people he could do that with?

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.