Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 12-05-2021, 06:12 PM
Super Furry Animal

Riley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is hereRiley Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
If you have a bit of time, it can be quite fun to pretend to be very interested in what he’s saying and very concerned, and to follow his instructions (or rather to tell him you are following his instructions) but always get something wrong so that he has to start all over again. My record is stringing one along for 22 minutes before he realised I was making a mug of him.
I like to leave really long

pauses when answering their

questions.
Old 12-05-2021, 06:45 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWSYEAGLE View Post
I work for a bank in anti financial crime
Does your bank have a pro financial crime department?

It’s probably the one that gets the biggest bonuses.
Old 12-05-2021, 07:00 PM

Paulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_Cheviot View Post
Received a call from my internet provider Virgin Media. Caller asked me to confirm my postcode ???? Gave her postcode: SW1A 1AA. (Buckingham Palace). She said that’s fine and continued with her drivel……………

I wish I had more time in the day to play with these people and waste their time………
Was quite proud to have kept a caller from 'HMRC' on the phone for over 25 minutes once before I couldn't keep up the pretence any more and telling them to f*ck off. There is a great site I remember looking at before where it's about people who have turned the tables on scammers and even got money from them.
Old 12-05-2021, 07:35 PM

CommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCommercialStone came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I had a call on my work phone asking for the guy who previously had the phone and has since left the company. I get about 5 said phone calls a day.

This young lady started by asking for the guy, I said he wasn't working for us anymore, she asked if I had his phone number or address as she needed to speak to him. I asked what it was regarding, she said she was having an affair with this man and that his wife had found out and she must speak to him to warn him. I then laughed and said that I didn't want to get involved. She then came clean and said, would I stay on the phone as she would get £20 if she kept me on the phone for another 2 minutes.

All very bizarre.
Old 12-05-2021, 07:38 PM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrolling bones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrolling bones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrolling bones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrolling bones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrolling bones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrolling bones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrolling bones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrolling bones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrolling bones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrolling bones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulinmorden View Post
Was quite proud to have kept a caller from 'HMRC' on the phone for over 25 minutes once before I couldn't keep up the pretence any more and telling them to f*ck off. There is a great site I remember looking at before where it's about people who have turned the tables on scammers and even got money from them.
I had the infamous BT one where they tell you the server has been compromised and hackers have all your data . I let him drone on for about 15 minutes where he was trying to get me to download any desk , which is a program that they use to gain control of your device and steal your banking details. .After I'd had enough of him , I told him that i worked for the ministry of defence, and that all my internet traffic , both in and out , is logged on the government server. He went silent for about ten seconds and hung up ..

Impervious to fvck bullets
Old 12-05-2021, 08:29 PM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
If I'm quick enough I like to slap Gyorgy Ligeti's Requiem II Kyrie on the CD player then engage the scam caller in conversation while gradually turning up the volume to unbearable levels.

Sometimes I join in the screaming.
Old 13-05-2021, 10:04 AM

Webb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Anyone bought anything from AO recently? We just bought a new replacement dishwasher from them but now getting bombarded with calls from a number that a Google search shows is linked to them (trying to flog after-sales insurance by the look).

After about ten calls, I finally answered yesterday but hung up when they asked me to read out personal details (including my partners middle name). It's probably legit (in that it is AO, or an agency representing them, ignoring the forced attempted selling of a product I don't need), I'm just very, very cautious about this sort of thing. I find it better to assume everything is a scam, particularly when people ring you asking for you to share details.

Last edited by Webb; 13-05-2021 at 10:21 AM.
Old 13-05-2021, 10:16 AM

Webb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWebb came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bipe View Post
Taking things on to another level, I know someone at work who has lost a large chunk of his pension pot to this scam, basically a Ponzi scheme centred around the property market in the former East Germany. Money invested into the company was diverted to the founder Charles Smethurst and his family, the promised developments of luxury apartments largely failed to materialise. Around £1bn is owed to various investors around the world.

The slightly unfortunate angle for my chap is that he was persuaded to lump on by his brother, who is a financial advisor. When he first participated he was full of tales of extremely low risk 10% plus returns, I must admit it all sounded too good to be true at the time and I wouldn't have been tempted even if I had money to invest. Which I didn't.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Happens a lot, sadly. Sounds very similar to something my partners parents fell for a few years back with these 'care home investment' style ponzi investments (they really ought to have known better, perhaps got greedy - they are fairly comfortable and retired, too much time and money), but unlike some didn't go all in at least. They know of one guy who at aged 60 ploughed his entire mid six digit pension into it and lost it all, on the advice of an FA who was clearly on a commission from the scheme or something. Difficult to know if an FCA register financial advisor is caught up in it too, mind. Just awful.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is (etc). The words 10% and low risk should never belong together really. Buyer beware and all that. I don't touch anything that isn't covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.

Last edited by Webb; 13-05-2021 at 10:20 AM.
Old 13-05-2021, 10:24 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Do these ***** ever get caught, or even investigated?

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 13-05-2021, 11:37 AM

Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I briefly fell for one. Late at night. A text saying my mobile account payment had failed. I thought, oh I'll just deal with this rather than have it hanging over me. I clicked on the link on my phone and just as I put in my password, I came to my senses. I spent the next 3 hours changing login emails for that account and several others that used the same email as an id.
Fortunately I was quick enough to avoid any harm in the end and a useful reminder.
I can see though that age makes us all increasingly vulnerable.
Old 13-05-2021, 11:41 AM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
Anyone bought anything from AO recently? We just bought a new replacement dishwasher from them but now getting bombarded with calls from a number that a Google search shows is linked to them (trying to flog after-sales insurance by the look).

After about ten calls, I finally answered yesterday but hung up when they asked me to read out personal details (including my partners middle name). It's probably legit (in that it is AO, or an agency representing them, ignoring the forced attempted selling of a product I don't need), I'm just very, very cautious about this sort of thing. I find it better to assume everything is a scam, particularly when people ring you asking for you to share details.
Yep, bought a dishwasher off them about four weeks ago. I filled in the online guarantee but didn't want the extended warranty, Sure enough the 0800 calls started on my phone and barely lasted a few seconds before cutting off. The number checked out to be Domestic & General trying to sell warranty extensions even after not wanting them on the registration form.
Old 13-05-2021, 12:05 PM
Since '67

ozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
I nearly fell for one. I was in the middle of something and my daughter said she's sold some clothes on depop or something and could the buyer transfer funds to my account? Ok I said. Then she said I should have a text with an authorisation number for the payment. I started reading it out to her and snapped out of it and realised the **** was getting into my account. It was only because I was busy with something and not thinking but I can see how it happens. Quite clever.

How does that work when your log on customer num generally speaking is different to your (BSB and Account) Sort Code/Account num over there?

How can they get into your account without your customer no?

Or are you talking credit card??

Last edited by ozzieEagle; 13-05-2021 at 12:28 PM.
Old 13-05-2021, 11:16 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Never quite sure if it is part of a bigger scam or marketing tool annoyance, but I will get an email trying to sell me some mundane product (example today was motion sensors).

To unsubscribe from these emails you click on the link provided to unsubscribe and it takes you to a site that asks you to enter your email address to unsubscribe.

In the back of my head I'm thinking you are actually a) validating your email address, and b) giving your email address to some marketing machine that has now hooked into you.

Maybe I've just become paranoid... as have we all I guess. I just mark the email as junk anyway.
Old 13-05-2021, 11:38 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
I use pay pal and never use my credit cards except for the major companies like Amazon or Porn-Hub.
Old 14-05-2021, 12:14 AM

Paulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzieEagle View Post
How does that work when your log on customer num generally speaking is different to your (BSB and Account) Sort Code/Account num over there?

How can they get into your account without your customer no?

Or are you talking credit card??
I thought he meant his own daughter was trying to scam him
Old 14-05-2021, 12:14 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
My poor old mum got a call from someone claiming to be from her bank, saying she had been hacked and need to deposit her money in a safe account until they could resolve the hack blah blah. The silly sod handed over her entire pension and savings to these thunder***** before she realised she’d been had.

Thankfully the bank in question have refunded her for the majority of what she lost.

Warn your folks not answer the phone from the bank!!! Always let it ring, get your bank card out and call the number on the back of it to speak to someone.
My old man, a retired head teacher and fully competent got scammed for £18k last year. Poor old bastard was so embarrassed.

Unfortunately the bank refused to refund him as he gave away his details on the call purporting to be from Amazon.

Cricket wanker.
Old 14-05-2021, 01:52 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is hereKYLIE MINEAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Do these ***** ever get caught, or even investigated?
If you go on to youtube there are some guys who post clips of them stealing scammers files so they can't be used. These are all from "call centres" in india. Sadly on most you can here other scammers in the background talking to people , defrauding them while these guys are trying to stop them.

The one doing the rounds here is a txt from a StarTrack Express. Which tells you that a delivery is waiting but it's$2 short on delivery cost. It is of course a scam. StarTrack are a legit company , but the logo copy on the txt is so good you could be fooled. Of course courier companies don't collect money from the consignee. But I suppose 5000 people scammed at $2 is easy money.
Old 14-05-2021, 06:09 AM
Since '67

ozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Les Butler View Post
I use pay pal and never use my credit cards except for the major companies like Amazon or Porn-Hub.
If it's a credit card (rather than debit) though Les, then it isn't you that loses anyway. It's the Credit Card company. Sure it's a bit of a hassle getting it rectified, as long as you report the "unauthorized" debit in good time then your 100 pct guaranteed of getting your balance back.
Old 14-05-2021, 06:29 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webb View Post
This is the thing that gets me, even with legitimate calls. They ring you up and the first thing they want is me to prove who I am - well you bloody called me, you should know!

Obviously they have to do this because there's no knowing who else might pick up your phone, but the effect is that I have to hand out ID details to a random over the phone without knowing for certain who they are.

Maybe this will sort itself out with video calls and smartphones which use your mugshot to unlock.
Old 14-05-2021, 07:56 AM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
This is the thing that gets me, even with legitimate calls. They ring you up and the first thing they want is me to prove who I am - well you bloody called me, you should know!

Obviously they have to do this because there's no knowing who else might pick up your phone, but the effect is that I have to hand out ID details to a random over the phone without knowing for certain who they are.

Maybe this will sort itself out with video calls and smartphones which use your mugshot to unlock.
Scammers will just adapt to any new measures like they always have.