Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 24-04-2021, 04:28 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
This is from Ken Loach’s film ‘Looking for Eric’ (2009).

Stuck in mind this week.

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m
Old 24-04-2021, 04:47 PM

BillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is here
The Colin Hunt at Real Madrid won’t give it up:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I think UEFA should ban Real Madrid from next seasons champions league.
Old 24-04-2021, 04:54 PM

M3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietM3 Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Barcelona and Juventus too unless they announce they've abandoned the idea.
Old 24-04-2021, 05:04 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Eagle View Post
Barcelona and Juventus too unless they announce they've abandoned the idea.
I do think those suggesting that this is dead and buried for a decade at least are optimistic at best but likely just wrong. I understand the tangible panic from the Spanish club owners and why they are least likely to let go of this.

Can some of those living in Spain describe the general response of fans in Spain. Are Barca and Real Madridís fans up for it and the others against it or is it similar to the UK where very few are behind it, publicly at least.
Old 24-04-2021, 05:06 PM

BillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I do think those suggesting that this is dead and buried for a decade at least are optimistic at best but likely just wrong. I understand the tangible panic from the Spanish club owners and why they are least likely to let go of this.

Can some of those living in Spain describe the general response of fans in Spain. Are Barca and Real Madridís fans up for it and the others against it or is it similar to the UK where very few are behind it, publicly at least.
It feels dead for English clubs. Given owners have been grovelling and government getting involved. Not much of a super league without them.
Old 24-04-2021, 05:17 PM
::::::::::::

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
The greedy 15 could have collaborated together and announced an agreement to lower ever rising wage bills, reduce uncontrollable transfer fees and cut down ridiculous agent fees, making football over the longer term cheaper for fans and most importantly sustainable

Instead they took it all to a new level self greed.
Old 24-04-2021, 05:18 PM

JAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is hereJAS78 Sam the man is here
Hopefully Barca go bust, that will hopefully send the message
Old 24-04-2021, 05:36 PM

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyTKid View Post
It feels dead for English clubs. Given owners have been grovelling and government getting involved. Not much of a super league without them.
I am not so sure (yet). Itís certainly slowed it down and maybe the specific Ďprojectí will stop but the underlying need, greed and power of those big clubs across Europe and maybe more importantly their owners hasnít gone away. A lot has to change before that risk goes away.

The problems they face are largely of their own making as the big money leaks away into the playerís pockets at obscene levels and to a lesser extent the transfer fees themselves. Itís these same big clubs that have created that to gather the best squads and this in turn has created the demand to generate ever more cash. Now they want us to feel sorry for them because they arenít making money due to COVID? Laughable really but they donít see that or care. So they will just come up with an alternate I reckon. TBH European football is pretty much dictating the PL already and I would expect them to seek to leverage their own way in that instead now they have manifested the threat. Itís critical that the tide is turned now but they have a pretty tight grip on things and it feels a little now or never for the 14. Not articulating much of this well, sorry. Anyway, I donít think itís quite done yet. The £130m per club is a minor thing to sort out by the sounds of it. it does remind me of that fable about the Scorpion and the frog crossing the river.
Old 24-04-2021, 05:49 PM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hopefully they have to sell messi! I really donít see the problem, Barca and real have created high wages and transfers and now it is catching up with them. So instead of all this talk of super bs they should concentrate on getting there books right. When you have players like bale who you are paying to play for another club itís obvious something isnít right!
Old 24-04-2021, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by averity View Post
Hopefully they have to sell messi! I really donít see the problem, Barca and real have created high wages and transfers and now it is catching up with them. So instead of all this talk of super bs they should concentrate on getting there books right. When you have players like bale who you are paying to play for another club itís obvious something isnít right!
I still canít work out why Barca kicked up a big stink over the Neymar deal, offered over £200M yet they tried to get the deal overturned
Old 24-04-2021, 06:31 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
I am not so sure (yet). Itís certainly slowed it down and maybe the specific Ďprojectí will stop but the underlying need, greed and power of those big clubs across Europe and maybe more importantly their owners hasnít gone away. A lot has to change before that risk goes away.

The problems they face are largely of their own making as the big money leaks away into the playerís pockets at obscene levels and to a lesser extent the transfer fees themselves. Itís these same big clubs that have created that to gather the best squads and this in turn has created the demand to generate ever more cash. Now they want us to feel sorry for them because they arenít making money due to COVID? Laughable really but they donít see that or care. So they will just come up with an alternate I reckon. TBH European football is pretty much dictating the PL already and I would expect them to seek to leverage their own way in that instead now they have manifested the threat. Itís critical that the tide is turned now but they have a pretty tight grip on things and it feels a little now or never for the 14. Not articulating much of this well, sorry. Anyway, I donít think itís quite done yet. The £130m per club is a minor thing to sort out by the sounds of it. it does remind me of that fable about the Scorpion and the frog crossing the river.
This is why itís so important to seize the moment and for legislation to come in to rip the power from the scum 6 clubs and owners. Still, Iíll believe it when I see it, but got a great chance now on the back of this to really pull things back to something resembling the fairer game it was pre 90ís to a more level playing field.

The problem is UEFA and FIFA are part of the problem too. The main reason UEFA lost it over the ESL is that they were going to be the big financial losers. Despite the outrage this week, they still pushed through this new European Champions league format that means loads more games (more money) and insanely, rewards clubs due to their history not on merit. This will create an even bigger chasm between the haveís and have nots. UEFA have some cheek.

Old 24-04-2021, 06:49 PM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:

I've read a lot of Spanish press over the last week and comments on the articles and their viewpoint is a bit more mixed than here.

Given the financial situation Real Madrid and Barca are in, they will likely not be able to make any big signings over the next few years and won't be competitive in Europe either.

Some like the idea of the super league as it will mean they can make galactico signings like Mbappe and Haaland this summer but it also limits the financial power of the oil funded clubs like City and Chelsea which as they see it, have an unfair advantage. Most view UEFA with complete disdain for allowing PSG, Chelsea and Man City to be quasi state funded and at an unfair advantage.

I get the impression that La Liga isn't really that important to them as since inception Barca and Real Madrid have dominated anyway so the integrity of the pyramid isn't nearly as important as it is to us.
Old 24-04-2021, 06:53 PM

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS78 View Post
I still canít work out why Barca kicked up a big stink over the Neymar deal, offered over £200M yet they tried to get the deal overturned
They don't like the fact that PSG are funded by Qatari oil money.
Old 24-04-2021, 07:05 PM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
I'd wager a lot of these clubs are funded by oil money. Especially those not owned by yanks.

Maybe that's why they're getting the shits?
Old 24-04-2021, 07:07 PM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
Wondering if Watford are going to apply now that they've been promoted. Mafia Padeo Wasp FC must see themselves as a potential Super League club?
Old 24-04-2021, 08:50 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger1 View Post
I've read a lot of Spanish press over the last week and comments on the articles and their viewpoint is a bit more mixed than here.

Given the financial situation Real Madrid and Barca are in, they will likely not be able to make any big signings over the next few years and won't be competitive in Europe either.

Some like the idea of the super league as it will mean they can make galactico signings like Mbappe and Haaland this summer but it also limits the financial power of the oil funded clubs like City and Chelsea which as they see it, have an unfair advantage. Most view UEFA with complete disdain for allowing PSG, Chelsea and Man City to be quasi state funded and at an unfair advantage.

I get the impression that La Liga isn't really that important to them as since inception Barca and Real Madrid have dominated anyway so the integrity of the pyramid isn't nearly as important as it is to us.
Gosh. Real Madrid, like, had no support from the public sector re the sale of the training ground for well over 200m to wipe out their debt.
Old 24-04-2021, 09:26 PM
Behind Enemy Lines.

MFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is hereMFBias Sam the man is here
Quote:

It barely lasted 48 hours in England. Fans have started to protest their own clubs after awakening a resistance to their ownership. What more do you need to see that this will be strongly opposed?

There is no alternative, itís either breakaway or not.
Old 24-04-2021, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFBias View Post
It barely lasted 48 hours in England. Fans have started to protest their own clubs after awakening a resistance to their ownership. What more do you need to see that this will be strongly opposed?

There is no alternative, itís either breakaway or not.
I donít doubt that it will be strongly opposed (I didnít say that either). I just doubt that it is finished. Not the announced ESL specifically but rather the hoovering up of control and cash that the ESL represents. Put it another way, does anyone think that those same club owners will just say, just kidding, itís not important, carry on as you were?

Actually just read that Parish expects those same clubs to look to pressure the various bodies to give them super League II so he obviously doesnít think itís all sorted either. Itís classic Trump, threaten/walk, negotiate and grab, and repeat, and repeat.
Old 25-04-2021, 04:30 AM

The thing if this ESL lark has averted eyes enough for UEFA to pass through their latest Champions League changes without even a murmur of descent. All implemented to make the rich richer.

If the Premier league want to look at sanctions (personally I’d rather the 14 used this opportunity to regain control from the scum 6), then a European ban for them for at least a couple of seasons would be the way to go. Would hit them where it hurts. No, will never happen I know! Mind you, if Palace had somehow qualified for Europe and our owners tried to pull of the kind of power grab stunt the scum 6 tried last week, our arses would be so far out of Europe we wouldn’t even be allowed their for a friendly.

Old 25-04-2021, 06:51 AM

Ralph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is hereRalph Sam the man is here
I wonder if they’ve explored the possibility of running this as a summer tournament in the same mould as the World Cup or Euros?

32-36 qualifiers in various groups with games daily throughout the summer. Do away with the Mickey Mouse cup (League cup) and ‘maybe’ even reduce top leagues to 18 teams.

Maybe even make it a world tournament. I think I’d engage with it more if it was an intensive tournament like this. Fans could ‘book time off’ to follow it more easily.