Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 19-04-2021, 10:48 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Ian Holloway on the ESL:

Quote:
“I wanted us to come out of this pandemic caring about other people more than ourselves and the opposite is happening,” he said.

“I am totally outraged, absolutely disgusted in how selfish some people can be the game belongs to supporters not them and I’ve never seen anything like it.”
Old 19-04-2021, 10:49 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.H.Plimmy View Post
It's like the Catarrh World Cup.
Old 19-04-2021, 10:50 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
How you don't think the salary caps is something the Americans do better than us is beyond me, at least in regards to the NFL. 16 super bowl winners since 1992, vs what, 7 Prem winners?
How much of that is down to salary caps Vs the draft for players and no threat of relegation? Very difficult to compare the 2 sports as there are too many differences.

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
Our very own PVA. First stop for insightful discussion on football politics.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Football is on one! Thanks Pat. A peng comment.
I think I've been out of the country for too long.
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is hereFourtyTwo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle1 View Post
They will be financially able to have 2 senior teams, one for the EPL and another for the ESL. Its sick....
True, but weíre already edging towards that point anyway. But, what would be the point, from a clubís perspective? They already have their main income generation guaranteed, so why spend more on something else?
Old 19-04-2021, 10:51 AM
'or 0=0'

The Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockport_Eagle View Post
This is like the year Manure declined to play in the FA Cup in favour of the World Club Championship. The FA Cup has never been the same since, devalued no-end.

And conveniently, everyone forgets today's vote on expanding the Champions League, effectively guaranteeing these same teams a CL place each year.

This is all just a smoke-screen to bury that news and a threat to those voting if they were tempted to vote against the changes IMVHO.

It's a big call, but call the 'big-6' bluff I say. Let them go, get the remaining 14 clubs to resign from the PL, set up a new league without the big 6 and allow promotion & relegation from the Championship as normal.

For clubs like Palace, the amount of money is not really relevant. We pay Zaha/Benteke/Sakho £100k+ per week because that's the market rate and they know the club can afford it. The club makes a loss, all the mega-bucks TV revenue goes on wages. So a cut to the TV revenue will simply mean we can't afford £100k+ per week, but nor can anyone else. We'll still spend 85% of revenue on wages, the numbers will just be smaller...Wilf et al will just have to accept £50k per week.

Interesting how this plays out, but I expect the CL reform to be voted through and this to fade away as a result.
I don't think this is a bluff this time. Many of the ECA staff have stepped down from their roles as well as in the UEFA setup.

They are planning on starting this.
Old 19-04-2021, 10:51 AM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
How much of that is down to salary caps Vs the draft for players and no threat of relegation? Very difficult to compare the 2 sports as there are too many differences.
Absolutely, it would be nigh impossible to implement such systems in any league here except for, ironically, the super league. But that's not the discussion we were having.
Old 19-04-2021, 10:53 AM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
That bloke at juve obviously thinks itís happening as quit in order to be chairman of the super league. Hope there own fans turn against them
'or 0=0'

The Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is hereThe Omen Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by FourtyTwo View Post
A key point as well - whenever this comes in, and assuming the PL donít kick them out, what incentive would the 6 clubs have for performing well domestically? If they canít qualify for whatever tournaments UEFA has in place, and Iím sure the prize money will be better in their closed shop than the domestic league / cups, whereís the benefit for the club. We know players want to win matches and trophies, but will the clubs allow players to play in what, for them, is a glorified friendly with less financial benefit than the next ESL game?
This is the big thing for me and why they can't be allowed to remain in the Premier League if this ESL happens.

Those 6 clubs will treat it like a reserve league, totally devaluing the experience. If they want out, then leave. You can't have your cake and eat it.
Mutant Algorithm

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
How does that solve it? The TV deal alone would be worth billions and the whole idea seems designed for the global fanbase, not the 'legacy' fans.
It would need to extend to the tv subscription too but the idea of empty stadiums and protests long after covid massively damages the brand. I think if the main supporters group for each club pledged a lifetime boycott of the games live and on tv it would make a difference.

Soarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSoarin' Eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Completely gross.

On the bright side, if the top 6 are kicked out at least football will be more entertaining than seeing City win the league every year.
Old 19-04-2021, 10:54 AM

BillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is hereBillyTKid Sam the man is here
I just canít see governments allowing this. You canít have these clubs effectively governing themselves. You canít have telecom companies saying sorry OFTEL we are going to do our own thing. Decide all own regulations, pricing etc.
Old 19-04-2021, 10:55 AM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Apparently Mourinho will not be replaced this season. If that is the case then it does lend some support to the suggestion there was a big falling out today, probably over the ESL.

No other reason to get rid today and not replace him for a couple of months.
Old 19-04-2021, 10:55 AM

Jimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJimmy Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.H.Plimmy View Post
Can't see it happening. Too much opposition. Suspect it's just extreme jockeying for improved position with the new CL format. But if it does then so what? Let them go. ****'em. We're effectively in a different league already so so what? Just don't watch it if we don't like it. It's like the Catarrh World Cup. It's all about money and it's our money so we can use that power any time we want. All 2nd-hand sport is better on the radio anyway. (Shouldn't be, but it is.) I'm not about to be disappointed about being marginally less wildly unlikely to win a league we're currently completely unable to win.
I think a lot of the objection is down to the money that is currently filtered down to grassroots football, drying up. Clubs outside of the top 6 will be massively hit financially if this goes ahead.
Old 19-04-2021, 10:56 AM

E.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineE.H.Plimmy : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I've been promoting this for some time now...

"Do Qataris speak Flemish?"

Help yourselves...

(Oops, sorry, I meant to include the pleasing Bob Flemming video bit - I'm still relatively inexperienced with matters BBS)
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hedgehog View Post
In their arrogance and avarice, I wonder if some of these clubs have overlooked something fairly obvious.

The Super League will inevitably shuffle its pack into a natural heirarchy, with clubs like Real and Barca likely to be at the top, and Arsenal and Spurs likely to be near the bottom.

In fact you'd expect Spurs or one of the Italian clubs like AC Milan to finish bottom, or near the bottom, almost every single season. And they won't have the financial competitiveness in relative terms to change the situation; nor will they be able to attract the same calibre of players as others in the Super League.

So after a few seasons, Spurs and Arsenal could find themselves in a punishing cycle of ignominiously low-ranking finishes, inadvertently casting themselves as the losers on the big stage, and rapidly draining both their support and their reputation globally. These modern, global, franchise fans will just adjust their support to whoever wins most.

I don't think Spurs or Arsenal fans have the guts to see their club's relative stature so brutally exposed against the genuinely 'big' clubs.

At least one or two of the twelve teams are going to show themselves up as inferior season after season - and they might quickly fancy a return to being a bigger fish in a smaller pond.
Not that I'm defending it, but the proposal is to have two leagues of ten with quarter final play-off spots going down to 4th & 5th. So I think they've understood that every club needs a sniff of progression each season.

BBC: The league will have 20 teams - the 12 founding members plus the three unnamed clubs they expect to join soon, and five sides who qualify annually according to their domestic achievements.
'or 0=0'

This all began with the Premier League - especially in this country. It was always about money and started this huge greed at the clubs who happened to be successful at the time. And lets be honest - we have all ended up buying into it.

Even look at this season. 2 of the 3 teams who came up are likely to go down, with a good chance that the 3 who went down last season will come up to replace them.

Stinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is hereStinger1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
How you don't think the salary caps is something the Americans do better than us is beyond me, at least in regards to the NFL. 16 super bowl winners since 1992, vs what, 7 Prem winners?
Ermmm because it's non-competitive?

I'd rather the players got rich from football who are from underprivileged backgrounds than billionaire scumbag owners creaming off the top.
Old 19-04-2021, 10:57 AM
'or 0=0'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
Apparently Mourinho will not be replaced this season. If that is the case then it does lend some support to the suggestion there was a big falling out today, probably over the ESL.

No other reason to get rid today and not replace him for a couple of months.
Especially with the cup final on Sunday
Old 19-04-2021, 10:59 AM
desperate

eagleDAN will cross the room to turn the lights down loweagleDAN will cross the room to turn the lights down loweagleDAN will cross the room to turn the lights down loweagleDAN will cross the room to turn the lights down loweagleDAN will cross the room to turn the lights down loweagleDAN will cross the room to turn the lights down loweagleDAN will cross the room to turn the lights down loweagleDAN will cross the room to turn the lights down loweagleDAN will cross the room to turn the lights down loweagleDAN will cross the room to turn the lights down loweagleDAN will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
It would need to extend to the tv subscription too but the idea of empty stadiums and protests long after covid massively damages the brand. I think if the main supporters group for each club pledged a lifetime boycott of the games live and on tv it would make a difference.
only works if coupled with a boycott/damaging of the brands backing it - so, JPM? AppleTV ?