Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES

Notices

Travel, Tickets & Fixture Information - NO TICKET TRADING OR SALES Away day travel and ticket/fixture details.

Old 19-02-2021, 08:34 PM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JannerEagle View Post
And it says Man Utd is away on the official Palace website. Theyve obviously written off our first away game (and win) of the season!
Groundshare to be announced imminently. Parish given up on Sainsbury’s.
Old 21-02-2021, 09:28 AM

Norwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login

First page has been updated.

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 24-02-2021, 08:49 PM

RobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is hereRobertCPFC Sam the man is here
The West Brom game is on Sky. Kick off time remains the same.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 26-02-2021, 09:41 AM
If Carling made bbs'ers..

thehound : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehound : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehound : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehound : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehound : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehound : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehound : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehound : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehound : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehound : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehound : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Is Fulham on BBC1? Can’t see it on there.

PS3 Online ID: GoldenSquirrel
Old 26-02-2021, 09:47 AM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehound View Post
Is Fulham on BBC1? Can’t see it on there.
Yes, BBC, see first post.
Old 26-02-2021, 10:28 AM
If Carling made bbs'ers..

thehound : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehound : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehound : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehound : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehound : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehound : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehound : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehound : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehound : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehound : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minethehound : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillo View Post
Yes, BBC, see first post.

Ta.

PS3 Online ID: GoldenSquirrel
Old 26-02-2021, 09:28 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Look at the positives. How much have you all saved in stress and money trying to get a train fare for less than 100 notes and hopefully avoiding the extra cost of an overnight stay because it is the late game on Saurday or Sunday.

200 notes per person for one football match multiplied for those with families. Certainly a long way away from the football specials.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 26-02-2021, 09:32 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
And think on this...

What will be the new normal.

I get the sensation that international sports media like these staggered TV slots. Can the Premier league and the Championship turn down the riches of a newly negotiated deal based on something similar going forward?

Great for me and other Ex Pats used to half a dozen live games a season, potentially very sucky for those going to the grounds.

Old 26-02-2021, 10:10 PM

Lingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLingfield Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
And think on this...

I get the sensation that international sports media like these staggered TV slots. Can the Premier league and the Championship turn down the riches of a newly negotiated deal based on something similar going forward?

Great for me and other Ex Pats used to half a dozen live games a season, potentially very sucky for those going to the grounds.
I fear this could be the new normal, even less respect for the matchday fans.
Old 27-02-2021, 09:24 AM
Senior member & moaner

Location: Militant Wing of the Dougie Freedman Appreciation Society
Mark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
And think on this...

I am afraid that this is what we will have to live with in the future. I appreciate that for those who cannot get to games this is great, and wonder how many who do currently traipse around the country, or even to Selhurst Park, will not return to their old ways. Money & - more importantly for many, like me - time are both factors in that decision.

If we do move to a fully live televised Premier League that could cut two ways: additional games would presumably mean an increased TV deal (which may mean we pay more..) so the clubs will be even richer (so will the players' agents...); or a drop in attendances and resultant loss of the atmosphere that makes the PL so popular overseas will lead to a small TV bonanza.

I make Cassandra look like an optimist.
Old 27-02-2021, 09:32 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
I think this staggering of Premier League fixtures across the whole weekend will remain the normal.

I think Peter's figures are a bit out though. Away tickets are capped at £30. £200 for a family would cover everything, including petrol to the north, fast food and a travelodge
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 28-02-2021, 09:10 PM

November85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNovember85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
It's been like this in Spain for years.
Old 28-02-2021, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
I think this staggering of Premier League fixtures across the whole weekend will remain the normal.

I think Peter's figures are a bit out though. Away tickets are capped at £30. £200 for a family would cover everything, including petrol to the north, fast food and a travelodge
Even £200 is a lot. And I am guessing away day football is still mainly the mantra of the single lad/lass or those acting single for the day. And threads on here suggest that most prefer to let the train take the starin and are always anxious on TV announcement so they can get the early bird deals.

I know that people have taken to picking and choosing their away days and then working out a minibus option.

I have seen many a case on a late Saturday or Sunday where for varying reasons there isn't a late train back, or there is the modern curse of work on the tracks, and cases where the cheaper hotel options are already booked out. Liverpool seems an example of this.

Perhaps things in Blighty are good enough economically that people can afford these costs. It scares me a little when I am planning a trip back...although I have the luxury of booking in advance and booking the extra days around a possible fixture change because I would be on holiday and see the sights.....in Hull or Middlesborough lol

Old 28-02-2021, 09:36 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
I don't think it will. Everyone has had a chance to see how awful a lot of the lower half fixtures can be when they get their own time slot every week. The Premier League can no longer pretend every game is entertaining if they don't hide fixtures at 3pm that no one will be watching.

Last edited by meee; 28-02-2021 at 09:42 PM.
Old 28-02-2021, 09:39 PM

Last time back I was lucky with the 30 quid cap, and disheartened, too.

Two away games at Southampton and West Ham, so limited travel. And a home game, against Arsenal.

Disheartened, because the shitty seat in with the tourists at my own club cost nearly as much as both the away games. My fault for not using my contacts correctly.

But that is not right when that money is paying for players to swan around the pitch, pick up an injury and swan off to Dubai on a Club sanctioned break. It's 50 notes to sit in a stand where they can't even provide a fairly clean toilet.

etc.

Old 28-02-2021, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
It don't think it will. Everyone has had a chance to see how awful a lot of the lower half fixtures can be when they get their own time slot every week. The Premier League can no longer pretend every game is entertaining if they don't hide fixtures at 3pm that no one will be watching.
Not a bad point that.

I think they will fiddle it around so the fixtures involving the glamour clubs will be arranged for the biggest possible overseas audience. Whereas a fixture like the one we saw today may get the worse slot, the one that TV companies will show games from elsewhere in Europe. ESPN can have Palace vs Burnley as back up in the rare case that there are no other European games showing at that time.

My best chance of seeing a game live would be Monday, Thursday or Friday, the worst possible times for you lot.

For now we will get the financial benefit of collective bargaining...but then that opens the can of worms of the bigger clubs saying they have a more attractive product so they should get a bigger share of the pot....

Old 28-02-2021, 09:51 PM

I will miss the levelling of the fan base, though.

In the pandemic, we are all in the same boat watching the same game on a TV screen. No room for the better fan bollox that exists on here, and the twaddle of 'if you love Palace so much, why did you leave the country' - usually from no marks that have recently found hairs on their balls for the first time and don't realise that generations of fans have followed the team up and down the country and they are not the first generation to do so.

We can all rate the players and pick a MOTM on an equal basis.

I will miss the hiatus from that.

But on the plus side, with you all in the stadiums the BBS will work. I don't know if that is a positive TBH. And you have the worst thing of all, the negatve poster who doesn't go to games when he is fully able to but likes to chip in with his soiled opinions. That grates when you are not in a position to see games regularly at Selhurst... the twonk I am mostly talking about was proud of his non-attendance and loved being gammony close to a WW2 airfield.

Last edited by PeterH; 28-02-2021 at 09:53 PM.
Old 01-03-2021, 03:30 PM
Fancy a bum?

Neillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeillo's Son came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
For me, it's definitely not just about going to the game itself, it's everything that ensues before and after that make me want to get back.

If you took away the train journey, the pub, the food, the banter with family and friends, the post-match analysis on the walk to the station and/or the pub + the satisfaction it gives you over the weekend, I'd be ok with the current situation.

The players have definitely suffered from the lack of fans. Daniel Levy said it himself that he felt our support in the 1-1 draw made a big difference in us coming back to draw and I agree having been there that day.

It's certainly not a cheap day out but I can't think of many other activities which bring together such large groups of friends and families for the day.

Still laughing...
Old 07-03-2021, 06:59 PM
Tristán

TristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTristanWhite : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
As you know, in week 37 and 38 all matches are played simultaneously (3pm Saturday for week 37, 4pm Sunday for week 38).

However, in week 37, if a match has nothing to play for ie no European or relegation hopes, it can be moved.

Looking at the other 9 fixtures of week 37, they all involve teams that could well have something to play for. There’s a good chance that CPFC v Arsenal is a mid-table match with nothing to play for.

Those games can indeed be played at other times/days.

With Arsenal playing Chelsea on the previous Wednesday night, wouldn’t it be amazing if we could have our match played on Monday night? This would be 17 May which of course means crowds of 10,000 back.

Arsenal would be likely to appreciate a couple of days extra rest. So they are unlikely to complain. TV channels would be happy to have another slot too.

I know it’s unlikely, and it all depends on there being nothing to play for, but it’s a nice thought isn’t it!
Old 07-03-2021, 08:37 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
There has already been a fair bit of talk about moving the whole of matchday 37 to the last midweek, in order to give all 20 teams a home game with fans (ie either game 37 or 38). Parish has stated he is keen to see it (it reduces the amount he has to refund to season ticket holders if nothing else).

Would depend on no games being postponed before then and needing to rescheduled on the midweek, which would most likely be in the case of a virus outbreak at a club.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013