Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Away Fans End

Notices

Away Fans End The away fans end

Old 17-11-2008, 10:16 PM

New LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is hereNew LP Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyandy
When was this then?

I might be wrong but I only really remember both teams being in the same division the season after we came up (when you went down). I appreciate I was only about 13 at the time but I don't remember any animosity towards Charlton or their fans back then.

I've noticed a few of the Charlton fans claiming the animosity they have towards us is `payback`for these dark days - but have you got any examples Dan?

(being shat on by Noades doesn't count by the way)
Oh you know it's the normal claptrap Charlton fans come out with that we made them have their club offices in a portakabin (Palace still have their offices in a portakabin now) and didn't put gold taps in the toilets of the main stand for their fans and serve beef Wellington for them from the refreshment hut in the Holmesdale at half time. The fact is that if Noades and the Charlton owners at that time concoted the whole groundshare thing, and maybe Noades ripped them off a bit, that wouldn't suprise me at all. Quite frankly though I don't think there was terribly much animosity towards them from Palace fans at the time and it baffles me why in their eyes Palace fans and our current owner are somehow at fault for the actions of those I've just mentioned. If anyone has consistantly behaved with animosity it is Charlton and for me this 'hatred' they have and talk of payback for this days is just a pathetic excuse to pursue a one sided hatred. Lets face it how many of their current daytripper fans where even seriously following Charlton back then and really speak with first hand expereince about their time at Selhurst anyway?
Old 17-11-2008, 10:53 PM

Addickted Addickted Addickted Addickted Addickted Addickted Addickted Addickted Addickted Addickted Addickted
Me.

I do.

It was awful.

See my various posts on this ad nauseum.

But I've built a bridge.

And I've got over it.

That's it.
Old 18-11-2008, 08:47 AM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHeb 7:4 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addickted
Me.

I do.

It was awful.

See my various posts on this ad nauseum.

But I've built a bridge.

And I've got over it.

I've read a fair few of your posts on the subject, and they do seem to come down to the fact that you didn't get your cup of bovril with a smile (and neither did we of course). There's a lot of displaced anger directed at Palace, and while you or other Charlton fans insist your grievances are genuine, most of it appears nonsense which you then get very precious about if questioned. You got treated badly by the staff, as if it was anything different from how we were treated. You had to use a portacabin, which of course we had to too. Ron Noades took advantage of you. Hello?

You seem to use Palace as an excuse not to be angry at your board, who got you into the shit you were in in the first place. No matter how much of an arse Noades was, if there had been a better offer you would have taken it. There were plenty of Palace fans who used to go along and watch Charlton once in a while, and the majority were happy for you when you returned to the Valley. Being on the end of so much Charlton hate, for such little reason, for so many years has been tiring. What's sad is that the more and more Palace fans are starting to return it

I don't doubt that leaving the Valley was horrible, and groundsharing at Selhurst miserable. It also wasn't our fault, and the notion that we were particularly horrible to you is simply nonsense. You got the same shitty experience we did, most Palace were at worst apathetic towards you, many were happy for you when you went back to the Valley, and the idea that there is some justification for the vitriol we've had directed at us over the years is simply nonsense.

This has been a general charlton "you", not an addickted specific "you"
Old 18-11-2008, 08:45 PM

Young Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineYoung Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4
I've read a fair few of your posts on the subject, and they do seem to come down to the fact that you didn't get your cup of bovril with a smile (and neither did we of course). There's a lot of displaced anger directed at Palace, and while you or other Charlton fans insist your grievances are genuine, most of it appears nonsense which you then get very precious about if questioned. You got treated badly by the staff, as if it was anything different from how we were treated. You had to use a portacabin, which of course we had to too. Ron Noades took advantage of you. Hello?

You seem to use Palace as an excuse not to be angry at your board, who got you into the shit you were in in the first place. No matter how much of an arse Noades was, if there had been a better offer you would have taken it. There were plenty of Palace fans who used to go along and watch Charlton once in a while, and the majority were happy for you when you returned to the Valley. Being on the end of so much Charlton hate, for such little reason, for so many years has been tiring. What's sad is that the more and more Palace fans are starting to return it

I don't doubt that leaving the Valley was horrible, and groundsharing at Selhurst miserable. It also wasn't our fault, and the notion that we were particularly horrible to you is simply nonsense. You got the same shitty experience we did, most Palace were at worst apathetic towards you, many were happy for you when you went back to the Valley, and the idea that there is some justification for the vitriol we've had directed at us over the years is simply nonsense.

This has been a general charlton "you", not an addickted specific "you"
Absolutely spot on. Most of the hatred that comes from clowns these days comes from teenagers and twentysomethings who in reality have no idea what it was like at Selhurst for them as they were never there. They are just choosing to believe the myth they have been fed.
Old 18-11-2008, 09:00 PM
www.************ .com

CPFC Guy FFS MurrayCPFC Guy FFS MurrayCPFC Guy FFS MurrayCPFC Guy FFS MurrayCPFC Guy FFS MurrayCPFC Guy FFS MurrayCPFC Guy FFS MurrayCPFC Guy FFS MurrayCPFC Guy FFS MurrayCPFC Guy FFS MurrayCPFC Guy FFS Murray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4
What's sad is that the more and more Palace fans are starting to return it
Us two agreeing on two things in one day... What's going on?!
Old 21-11-2008, 01:54 PM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
Dubai Inc decided they'd rather spank the money ona shed load of fireworks rather than burn it on the clowns

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I can't say I'm happy about it. I live opposite the Palm and it woke my kids up
Old 23-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Crying Plastic

Lambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLambeth Palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The 'old' Man City beat Arsenal 3-0 this weekend. I don't suppose we'll have an update from kafka any time soon on how the new Man City are doing?

"Watford please please please beat this lot"
Old 24-11-2008, 09:51 AM
South Londons No1

Godstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstone Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To be fair, the 's are the new Man City. City went from the Premiership to League 1 in no time at all 10 or so years ago, and the 's are on course to do the same. So in that regard, Chavka is spot on about being the new Man City.
Old 21-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Anything from Milan?

spt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is herespt1978 Sam the man is here
Both in the relegation zone I suppose.
Old 23-12-2008, 10:00 AM

Nofishtoday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNofishtoday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNofishtoday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNofishtoday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNofishtoday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNofishtoday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNofishtoday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNofishtoday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNofishtoday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNofishtoday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNofishtoday : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Kafka - where are you?

Cue season long ghostly silence.......tumbleweed....league 1..........
Old 23-12-2008, 09:15 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
The old Man City aren´t doing so well.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 23-12-2008, 09:18 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nofishtoday
Kafka - where are you?

I think this thread deserves a.......

Old 23-12-2008, 09:22 PM

Nork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is hereNork1 Sam the man is here
Infinitely rich underachieving northern pissweasles. I laugh heartily in the direction of clogs and whippets.
"The cameras at the moment are focusing on the Liverpool fans, they look in disbelief, they look shocked, there's the odd one in tears. They've also just focused on one who's just picked his nose and eaten it which is rather disgusting."

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL BARBER View Post
all the doubters will be dealt with when it is confirmed....
Old 29-12-2008, 07:41 AM
Bring him back!

Latvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is here

This cheered me up a bit after yesterday.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:40 PM

vivideagle dances before me like a million eyesvivideagle dances before me like a million eyesvivideagle dances before me like a million eyesvivideagle dances before me like a million eyesvivideagle dances before me like a million eyesvivideagle dances before me like a million eyesvivideagle dances before me like a million eyesvivideagle dances before me like a million eyesvivideagle dances before me like a million eyesvivideagle dances before me like a million eyesvivideagle dances before me like a million eyes
I think Man City could be the new clowns after recent performances,but they've got a bit more money !!!
Old 05-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Samurai Pie Master

Walrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietWalrus came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivideagle
I think Man City could be the new clowns after recent performances,but they've got a bit more money !!!

I hear Iain Dowie is looking for a job closer to his family.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:25 AM

LeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLeeH : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
poor old plucky Charlton Abudhabithletic.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:13 PM

kafka has to read the song lyrics on the big screenkafka has to read the song lyrics on the big screenkafka has to read the song lyrics on the big screenkafka has to read the song lyrics on the big screenkafka has to read the song lyrics on the big screenkafka has to read the song lyrics on the big screenkafka has to read the song lyrics on the big screenkafka has to read the song lyrics on the big screenkafka has to read the song lyrics on the big screenkafka has to read the song lyrics on the big screenkafka has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nofishtoday
Kafka - where are you?

Hello dearies..look at you all, climaxing away on all things CAFC..we've seen good times and bad times..what people from Croydon say is never going to interest us. Still, you should be pleased, mid table mediocracy is a big step up for you. Enjoy, and keep spilling that seed over our current plight if that's what works for you
Old 08-01-2009, 10:20 PM

Travelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTravelcard : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Old 08-01-2009, 10:22 PM

kafka has to read the song lyrics on the big screenkafka has to read the song lyrics on the big screenkafka has to read the song lyrics on the big screenkafka has to read the song lyrics on the big screenkafka has to read the song lyrics on the big screenkafka has to read the song lyrics on the big screenkafka has to read the song lyrics on the big screenkafka has to read the song lyrics on the big screenkafka has to read the song lyrics on the big screenkafka has to read the song lyrics on the big screenkafka has to read the song lyrics on the big screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelcard
Good point; well made, Travelcard.