Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 30-11-2021, 08:11 AM
Veteran

JJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is here
Also out of interest, despite only being not even half a season after finishing 3rd, being 7th in the league at that point having won 8 out of 17 games and still with Young and Thorn in front of Martyn at the heart of our defence, we actually had the 3rd worst defence in terms of goals conceded; only Luton and Sheffield Utd had conceded more.
Old 30-11-2021, 08:14 PM

Bipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is hereBipe Sam the man is here
The QPR game was the last one I attended during this season. A bunch of us headed over there straight after work, including a couple who supported neither tam but were happy to come along for the ride. A couple of quick drinks and then in we went. One of our number ended up getting into a row with a nearby policeman at the front of the away end, what started out as relatively tame stuff escalated and he ended up being ejected from the ground, much to our delight. It was his own fault really although the copper seemed to take relish in wielding his power.

Anyway the game was pretty entertaining and our defence of the trophy rolled on.

There were three new entries into the top ten week ending 30 November 1991 and a pretty eclectic bunch at that:

Ride Like The Wind by East Side Beat - this was an anaemic disco / dance version of the Christopher Cross song, it had no merit but got to number three.

Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana - having seen them low down the bill a few months back at the Reading festival and written them off, I was taken by surprise by the sudden Nirvana explosion in late 1991. The riff borrows heavily from Boston's classic More Than A Feeling. Out of principal I refused to like the song and i have stuck by my guns to this day, it does nothing for me.

When You Tell Me That You Love Me by Diana Ross - An overwrought ballad delivered by Ross in a style which seemed completely devoid of genuine emotion. It somehow got to number two, I can't imagine anyone choosing to listen to it these days.