Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 29-11-2021, 11:03 PM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If Mateta was any good, I don’t think we’d have signed Odsonne. I’d imagine he will go back but not be replaced as OE is his replacement.
Old 30-11-2021, 08:37 AM

daverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdaverambo2 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braders View Post
Harry Souttar at Stoke for the centre back position, very comfortable in possession of the ball and at 6ft 6 inches is a unit, if we were thinking of strengthening the back line of course.
Good about that. We need a good ball playing centre back that isn't and automatic first choice as at the moment we lose a lot of one of Anderson or Guehi is injured. Think we need another midfielder, other than that am happy with squad before the summer, just some depth in those two positions needed to cover injuries.
Old 30-11-2021, 11:37 AM
FA Qualified-Durham 1978

theCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettheCoach came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
think the plan if ALL parties are agreeable that mateta go back to mainz or a.n.other party.
and that we loan the Real madrid loanee currently not getting a game at Roma - with a view to a buy if he is able to make an impact . (hes not match fit though )

really dissapointed JP didnit make it - was close to (slight exaggeration) to his recruitment and ha .d high hopes and expectation he would replace tekkers who was having a terrible time at the point we secured his services.
shame nice lad

Last edited by theCoach; 30-11-2021 at 11:39 AM.
Old 30-11-2021, 12:24 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCoach View Post
think the plan if ALL parties are agreeable that mateta go back to mainz or a.n.other party.
and that we loan the Real madrid loanee currently not getting a game at Roma - with a view to a buy if he is able to make an impact . (hes not match fit though )

really dissapointed JP didnit make it - was close to (slight exaggeration) to his recruitment and ha .d high hopes and expectation he would replace tekkers who was having a terrible time at the point we secured his services.
shame nice lad
I think a lot of us were hopeful based on his German league record, but we move on. You can never be certain where a player will thrive. Sorloth is the most recent example, with moves after Turkey already looking problematic. Looking further back - remember Stan Collymore? Discarded by us then 1 in 2 for Southend, Forest and Liverpool including a British record transfer fee...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 30-11-2021, 01:42 PM
Setting sail.

TAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is hereTAK Sam the man is here
Is it odd that the only rumours we're getting at the moment are worthy of this thread?

Of those there's not many.
Old 30-11-2021, 02:46 PM

LuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is hereLuieJack Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Benteke, Eduoard and Ayew would be our first choice to play the main striker role. We’ve then got various options to play out wide. Zaha can also play central if needed.

I suppose we could do with another option if mateta goes but I don’t see it as being essential. Far more important to invest what money we have in central midfield imo as we lack quality there.
Even though you state we have "Three"strikers which on paper would be ok as we tend mostly to start with One, but i feel every premiership club in a long season should look at a squad with 4 strikers. Where the problem always arises is when injuries strike or a loss in form, and in our case we know with Ayew 1 goal in 55 games suggests he cant be seen as one to depend on for goals. As for CB, unfortunately after a recent bright spell when we all built up hopes of a return to his glory days it is now looking a little misleading, and as for Eduardo, again after a bright start he is struggling to find his scoring feet at this level and will need time to adjust but i feel he will come good in time. As for Wilf, for me he flatters to decieve as a consistent front line Striker and i would much rather see him in a "free" wide role wandering thus making him very difficult to mark, and for me it is his most effective position as he looses that inital burst of pace.
Clearly Mateta Must be sent back, that then creates a vacancy and with the above reasoning i suggest we must bring in another in January.
I totally agree we need to bring in that Central Midfielder in January for obvious reasons, hence why i suggested Harry Winks initially on loan with option to buy in the summer giving us a good chance to assess, but his quality is just what is needed alongside Eze and Gallagher to create a midfield trio with Creativity, Guile and genuine quality capable of opening up the opposition to provide quality passes/service to forward players like Zaha, Edouard and maybe a more mobile clever forward to what Benteke offers, or maybe in time when ready Olise will offer an option to become that 3rd wide striker.
But for me it is still vital we bring in another mobile Centre Forward in January to provide options which will be needed.
With Vieira we now take a very different approach to our play and the right personnal is needed, so lets plan now and have no regrets later.
Phew that was a long response.
Old 30-11-2021, 05:34 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuieJack View Post
Even though you state we have "Three"strikers which on paper would be ok as we tend mostly to start with One, but i feel every premiership club in a long season should look at a squad with 4 strikers. Where the problem always arises is when injuries strike or a loss in form, and in our case we know with Ayew 1 goal in 55 games suggests he cant be seen as one to depend on for goals. As for CB, unfortunately after a recent bright spell when we all built up hopes of a return to his glory days it is now looking a little misleading, and as for Eduardo, again after a bright start he is struggling to find his scoring feet at this level and will need time to adjust but i feel he will come good in time. As for Wilf, for me he flatters to decieve as a consistent front line Striker and i would much rather see him in a "free" wide role wandering thus making him very difficult to mark, and for me it is his most effective position as he looses that inital burst of pace.
Clearly Mateta Must be sent back, that then creates a vacancy and with the above reasoning i suggest we must bring in another in January.
I totally agree we need to bring in that Central Midfielder in January for obvious reasons, hence why i suggested Harry Winks initially on loan with option to buy in the summer giving us a good chance to assess, but his quality is just what is needed alongside Eze and Gallagher to create a midfield trio with Creativity, Guile and genuine quality capable of opening up the opposition to provide quality passes/service to forward players like Zaha, Edouard and maybe a more mobile clever forward to what Benteke offers, or maybe in time when ready Olise will offer an option to become that 3rd wide striker.
But for me it is still vital we bring in another mobile Centre Forward in January to provide options which will be needed.
With Vieira we now take a very different approach to our play and the right personnal is needed, so lets plan now and have no regrets later.
Phew that was a long response.
I wouldn't be against a new striker coming in if we let Mateta go. I was more thinking that if we have scarce resources, then I'd prefer us to strengthen our central midfield.

As for Eduoard, he's a class act and has scored goals already but due to the resurgence of Benteke he's been played more and more out wide. He does a good job there but I personally think he should be our main first choice striker.
Old 30-11-2021, 05:56 PM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
I wouldn't be against a new striker coming in if we let Mateta go. I was more thinking that if we have scarce resources, then I'd prefer us to strengthen our central midfield.

As for Eduoard, he's a class act and has scored goals already but due to the resurgence of Benteke he's been played more and more out wide. He does a good job there but I personally think he should be our main first choice striker.
But what about Mr Winks?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019
Old 30-11-2021, 07:39 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Eagle View Post
But what about Mr Winks?
I'd be very happy with him. We need more technicians in there. He's very comfortable on the ball and needs to reboot his career.
Old 30-11-2021, 09:20 PM

hedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethedge end eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braders View Post
Harry Souttar at Stoke for the centre back position, very comfortable in possession of the ball and at 6ft 6 inches is a unit, if we were thinking of strengthening the back line of course.
Good player but I thought he is out injured for the season?
Old Yesterday, 09:52 AM
Selhurstian

EagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is hereEagleSE24 Sam the man is here
We’re apparently interested in Joe Aribo from Rangers To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old Yesterday, 11:44 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Sweet.
Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM
Bring him back!

Latvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is hereLatvian Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Sweet.
Tangfastic player!
Old Yesterday, 12:26 PM

jhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is herejhc Sam the man is here
I'd be surprised if we sign any players in January unless injuries force our hand.
Old Yesterday, 01:02 PM
Very young thick ****

Kirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is hereKirby Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleSE24 View Post
We’re apparently interested in Joe Aribo from Rangers To view the link you have to Register or Login
Would be a weird one given we already have Eze and Olise.

I know he's played in the middle more recently but he's traditionally been a skillful attacking mid/winger.

Not convinced he's good enough either. Always looks a bit like bambi on ice.
Old Yesterday, 01:43 PM

desperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is heredesperado Sam the man is here
We need a central attacking midfielder and a goal scorer I have doubts that we will sign either

We ended the summer transfer window with four 'goal scorers' in the squad: Ayew, Benteke, Edouard and Mateta.

Benteke has four goals from thirty shots and Edouard has three goals from twelve shots, Ayew hasn't scored since Noah was a boy and Mateta doesn't make the match day squad

We have had this problem every season and the 'goal scorers' we have signed in the January transfer window since promotion are Yaya Sanogo (loan), Shola Ameobi, Emmanuel Adebayor, Alexander Sorloth, Michy Batshuayi (loan), Cenk Tosun (loan) and Jean-Phillipe Mateta (loan)

That doesn't inspire confidence we'll get it right this time so I won't be holding my breath
It is five!
Old Yesterday, 02:28 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhc View Post
I'd be surprised if we sign any players in January unless injuries force our hand.
I wouldn’t. Think we’ll bring in 1 maybe 2
Old Yesterday, 02:30 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by desperado View Post
We need a central attacking midfielder and a goal scorer I have doubts that we will sign either

We ended the summer transfer window with four 'goal scorers' in the squad: Ayew, Benteke, Edouard and Mateta.

Benteke has four goals from thirty shots and Edouard has three goals from twelve shots, Ayew hasn't scored since Noah was a boy and Mateta doesn't make the match day squad

We have had this problem every season and the 'goal scorers' we have signed in the January transfer window since promotion are Yaya Sanogo (loan), Shola Ameobi, Emmanuel Adebayor, Alexander Sorloth, Michy Batshuayi (loan), Cenk Tosun (loan) and Jean-Phillipe Mateta (loan)

That doesn't inspire confidence we'll get it right this time so I won't be holding my breath
The Benteke / Edouard comparison speaks volumes imo. Only one should be starting week in week out