Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 24-11-2021, 02:55 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Have you actually paid real money to see Shed Seven?
Old 24-11-2021, 03:07 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalaceMonkey View Post
Got St Etienne (Brighton), Charlatans (Bexhill) & Shed Seven (Brighton) coming up before Christmas.
Mostly with Brighton_Eagle, though he has dropped out of Shed Seven.

Are we allowed to offer tickets on here? I have a vague recollection that we're not.

If you are, then I have two spare for the Sheds, if you're not, then I don't
Awaiting covid test result.
Old 24-11-2021, 03:09 PM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Eagles of Death Metal last Monday night in Brighton. Venue (Chalk) was a bit crappy but the band were decent.
Old 24-11-2021, 05:44 PM

Bizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
Eagles of Death Metal last Monday night in Brighton. Venue (Chalk) was a bit crappy but the band were decent.
An old girlfriend of mine went to that, and judging by facebook she really liked it. Don't know if its connected but she now has covid.
Old 24-11-2021, 05:51 PM
Lovely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizarro View Post
An old girlfriend of mine went to that, and judging by facebook she really liked it. Don't know if its connected but she now has covid.
I got pinged by the app on Tuesday, so maybe from there, although I doubt it, seems a little too quick.
Old 26-11-2021, 06:24 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Have you actually paid real money to see Shed Seven?
PP & I are regulars at Shed Seven gigs
Old 27-11-2021, 12:33 AM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
Saw Courteeners at Brixton tonight. I tend to stay towards the back because I get anxious in enclosed spaces with large crowds, and I was expecting some absolute dickheads to be there as that's the type of crowd they attract but honestly it was awful.

Everywhere I went there were drunk or coked up people being dickheads and a constant stream every few seconds of people pushing past to get to or from the bar.

Again you'd expect some of that but it literally lasted the entire gig. Worst crowd I've been in at a gig. Ruined it tbh. Didn't rate the set list that much either

If we can winter this one out, we can summer anywhere
Old 29-11-2021, 09:53 AM

stange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm also a regular Shed Seven attendee - also going to the Dome, added bonus of the excellent Lottery Winners in support after Mr Morriss got the heave ho.

Last week I managed two gigs in London - first was Sports Team at Brixton Academy with Wet Leg and another who i missed in support.

So, Wet Leg, massive hype - I think this contributed to the massive crowd that gathered for them. I can't remember seeing a venue so packed for a support act. Crowd surfing was also a first for a support in my experience. They were good - could be a interesting band to watch in the future.

Now, Sports Team - they smashed it - I am not overly familiar with them, but they're a good guitar band, a bit self entitled maybe. Crowd loved it - we (my mate and I) were probably double the average age of the rest of them, and there was definitely some of the old "marching powder" around, we saw a few dropped bags just before the security check. Was a weird atmosphere, felt it was just moments from "going off"!

Next one was Dadi Freyr at the Town and, sorry O2 Forum Kentish Town on Friday. Icelandic Eurovision hero. Only played for about 70 minutes but was great, warm, funny, electronic pop.
Old 29-11-2021, 03:54 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Daughter went to see Peat and Diesel at the Burlingdon in Oxford last night. No report back yet, but I think it's been a fairly lively tour.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:09 PM

Eli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I went to see The Libertines in Brighton on Friday (at the Brighton Centre): I’d been there to see Elbow and Fatboy Slim in the last couple of months and had balcony seats and the standing area for both shows had looked absolutely rammed and after hearing stories of mentalists climbing up floodlights and similar, erm, ‘messiness’ I thought I would stand right at the back but I was surprised to see that it wasn’t that full, two of the balconies were closed: first time I’d seen them and they were a lot better than I was expecting (maybe helped by the beer and whoever it was kept shouting out ‘we love you fat Pete!’) but I wasn’t tempted to buy one of the Margate FC shirts from the merch stand.
Old 02-12-2021, 10:27 AM

stange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstange555 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli Cash View Post
I went to see The Libertines in Brighton on Friday (at the Brighton Centre): I’d been there to see Elbow and Fatboy Slim in the last couple of months and had balcony seats and the standing area for both shows had looked absolutely rammed and after hearing stories of mentalists climbing up floodlights and similar, erm, ‘messiness’ I thought I would stand right at the back but I was surprised to see that it wasn’t that full, two of the balconies were closed: first time I’d seen them and they were a lot better than I was expecting (maybe helped by the beer and whoever it was kept shouting out ‘we love you fat Pete!’) but I wasn’t tempted to buy one of the Margate FC shirts from the merch stand.
What is the sound like there now? I've walked out of at least one gig there (Cast) because the sound was so bad. (yes, I know, Cast...)
Old 02-12-2021, 10:45 AM

ollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woosie View Post
Saw Courteeners at Brixton tonight. I tend to stay towards the back because I get anxious in enclosed spaces with large crowds, and I was expecting some absolute dickheads to be there as that's the type of crowd they attract but honestly it was awful.

Everywhere I went there were drunk or coked up people being dickheads and a constant stream every few seconds of people pushing past to get to or from the bar.

Again you'd expect some of that but it literally lasted the entire gig. Worst crowd I've been in at a gig. Ruined it tbh. Didn't rate the set list that much either
This doesn't surprise me at all unfortunately.
Old 02-12-2021, 03:38 PM

Tim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTim of the 80's came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Bernard Butler tonight. First gig in quite a while.
Old 02-12-2021, 03:41 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
Nine below zero tomorrow night in Brighton. Were always a fantastic live band
Old 04-12-2021, 07:09 AM

Eli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEli Cash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by stange555 View Post
What is the sound like there now? I've walked out of at least one gig there (Cast) because the sound was so bad. (yes, I know, Cast...)
Sound was fine, I’ve only been there five or six times over the years but never had any problems with it.
Old 06-12-2021, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli Cash View Post
Sound was fine, I’ve only been there five or six times over the years but never had any problems with it.
That's good - the "walkout" was in the mid 90's, so I assumed it would have improved!
Old 06-12-2021, 10:12 AM

Bizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBizarro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stange555 View Post
That's good - the "walkout" was in the mid 90's, so I assumed it would have improved!
I've been to the centre a lot over the years, not so much recently. But there was a period probably mid 90's when some of the worst gigs I went to were there, always awful sound.
The last few times and we're probably talking 5 times over the last 10 years it's been much better.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:00 PM

ChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is hereChiswickEagle Sam the man is here
Went to the MOBO Awards last night. It made me feel very old….
Old 06-12-2021, 06:20 PM

eaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineeaglesheart : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Madness and Squeeze at Brighton tomorrow.
Old 06-12-2021, 06:41 PM
From the sunny Side

sunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
BrightonCentre has always been fecking shite as a venue.

… saw Squeeze there as support for The Tubes in ‘79…

Last edited by sunshine lucas; 06-12-2021 at 06:44 PM.