Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 19-07-2021, 07:23 AM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
Exactly. I teach a student from Kiribati. While she and her parents live in New Zealand, all the rest of her family are still on the atolls. Google what the effects of climate change are on them - two (uninhabited but once commercially used) atolls have already been lost.
Yiur posts made me look up NZs energy use. Your electricity supply looks very clean with 56% being hydroelectric but you still emit around 30% more Co2 per person than Britain, France, Italy or Spain. Is there an easy answer like gas for heating or the farming industry?
Old 19-07-2021, 09:27 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Indeed. But “Spindle Territory” Is not a reference to any particular poster, but rather is a phrase used to describe any area which is abusive, unpleasant, and reeks of the sanitary facilities of a family who have severe diarrhoea.

hth

I started the thread, you come in and derail it with your deliberately abrasive remarks. I'm just saving everyone time from your bullshit by calling you out.

It's always YOU
Old 19-07-2021, 09:50 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
You do seem to have a problem with the truth ; actually - and unsurprisingly - I think you will find that the first abuse came from To view the link you have to Register or Login. Nothing to say about the debate that was being had, just your normal puerile abuse.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 19-07-2021, 10:01 AM
Wrong, no I'm not angry

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
I already told you, I'm just saving time duh.
Old 19-07-2021, 10:32 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Yiur posts made me look up NZs energy use. Your electricity supply looks very clean with 56% being hydroelectric but you still emit around 30% more Co2 per person than Britain, France, Italy or Spain. Is there an easy answer like gas for heating or the farming industry?
Farming is a major, major contributor. Another is vehicle use. NZ is larger in terms of area than the UK and, due to population (lack of) size, has negligible public transport. Furthermore, we have until very recently tended towards larger capacity vehicles and have had few electrical vehicle options.

To view the link you have to Register or Login (behind Norway and Iceland) in its percentage of renewables. Also, because it's per capita, our total output is clearly much less (though still unacceptable.)

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 20-07-2021, 06:42 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Maz is spot on here...

What would people expect the media response to be...of two passenger airlines crashing into the twin towers within 30 minutes of each other.

One event is defined as history of our time...Berlín Wall, Man on the Moon, JFK.

The other will feature as a couple of quick images in the end of year global mash up.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 20-07-2021, 01:03 PM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is hereCT_Palace Sam the man is here
We haven't a chance with this sort of bullshit going on

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 20-07-2021, 06:33 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Maz is spot on here...

What would people expect the media response to be...of two passenger airlines crashing into the twin towers within 30 minutes of each other.

One event is defined as history of our time...Berlín Wall, Man on the Moon, JFK.

The other will feature as a couple of quick images in the end of year global mash up.
The other though is an example of something which will be 1000 times more important.
Old 20-07-2021, 06:45 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
Farming is a major, major contributor. Another is vehicle use. NZ is larger in terms of area than the UK and, due to population (lack of) size, has negligible public transport. Furthermore, we have until very recently tended towards larger capacity vehicles and have had few electrical vehicle options.

To view the link you have to Register or Login (behind Norway and Iceland) in its percentage of renewables. Also, because it's per capita, our total output is clearly much less (though still unacceptable.)
Thank you.
Old 20-07-2021, 06:49 PM

The dirtiest emitters in Europe. Seven of the top ten are German coal fired power stations. To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 24-07-2021, 08:45 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Disastrous floods in Europe the other day, then China and now India. I wonder where tomorrow’s exciting weather event will be.
Old 25-07-2021, 11:43 AM
Orange Fleecer

SKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is hereSKATE Sam the man is here
We are so screwed.

There is only cold comfort
To be found in the current climate
Inside a chaos of corruption
That chills the heart
We are deep in hot water
Drowning in a consumer economy
Old 25-07-2021, 01:56 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Yep. We still want our phones and our cars and our holidays in Spain. It’s not going to change as we are all too selfish. Who cares if some blokes island the other side of the world is under water? Flooding in India and China and Germany ? Oh dear. Fires and heatwaves in the USA and Canada? Wish we had a bit more sun, that’s why I go to Ibiza. Never going to change until we are so much in the shit we all claim “why didn’t they do something about it”

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 25-07-2021, 02:44 PM

wawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwawman_15 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hopefully would’ve won the champions league by then
Old 25-07-2021, 03:05 PM

sheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is heresheepy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Yep. We still want our phones and our cars and our holidays in Spain. It’s not going to change as we are all too selfish. Who cares if some blokes island the other side of the world is under water? Flooding in India and China and Germany ? Oh dear. Fires and heatwaves in the USA and Canada? Wish we had a bit more sun, that’s why I go to Ibiza. Never going to change until we are so much in the shit we all claim “why didn’t they do something about it”
Don’t forget the impact of people moving and families now spread all around the world (creating a huge desire for overseas travel going to visit family and friends). I’m not totally sure how you turn the dial back on that one.

I sometimes find it hard to imagine what a truly net zero carbon society would look like.
Old 25-07-2021, 08:29 PM

Paulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPaulinmorden came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Disastrous floods in Europe the other day, then China and now India. I wonder where tomorrow’s exciting weather event will be.
Lower Morden! Spent an hour out front bailing out water to stop in coming in the air bricks. Neighbours had garages conservatories and halls flooded. Never seen my back garden so full of water nor the Pyl Brook across the road so high. Fire Brigade stopped to pump out next doors front drive. And it rained for no more than an hour.

no serious damage done and appreciate that compared to those unfortunate people elsewhere we have nothing to complain about.
Old 25-07-2021, 08:36 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
The dirtiest emitters in Europe. Seven of the top ten are German coal fired power stations. To view the link you have to Register or Login
And the German greens are hell bent on stopping an EV and battery factory being built there.
Old 25-07-2021, 10:01 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepy View Post
Don’t forget the impact of people moving and families now spread all around the world (creating a huge desire for overseas travel going to visit family and friends). I’m not totally sure how you turn the dial back on that one.

I sometimes find it hard to imagine what a truly net zero carbon society would look like.
Yep my Mum and sister are in NZ. Can’t get any further away. It was all good idea at the time, when no one thought about these things. I honestly can’t see it being dialled back. It will simply get worse and worse. Until it affects people they won’t give a shit.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 25-07-2021, 10:44 PM
Since '67

ozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Yep my Mum and sister are in NZ. Can’t get any further away. It was all good idea at the time, when no one thought about these things. I honestly can’t see it being dialled back. It will simply get worse and worse. Until it affects people they won’t give a shit.
I doubt that realisation is that far away here in Aus at least. When Sydney, Perth, Adelaide and Melbourne hit temps of 50C, will be when the realisation is forced home. Could well be this summer. Two years back I recorded in my car a temp of 48C in Melbourne, when it was supposedly circa 44C.

People generally stop moving around here once it gets above 39C and wait for it to cool down a bit.

Surprisingly Brisbane and points north rarely get above 40C as the heat generated for the other Cities comes from across the center of Australia. Although Brisbanes future problems could well be cyclones.... They may even get to Sydney.

At the back of my mind, is the downsizing most of us do here in Aus. I really should be heading to Tasmania.

Im 66, I'm hoping to see fully electric or hydrogen-powered intercontinental airlines in my lifetime. Hopefully with solar generated electrcity.

Last edited by ozzieEagle; 25-07-2021 at 10:48 PM.
Old 25-07-2021, 11:10 PM
STOP MOCKING MY SPRELLING

brooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is herebrooklynlou Sam the man is here
Sorry. Had a dyslexia moment. Read this as "SHARK warning on climate change"
Then thought "It's always something with those mother f**kers"