Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter
 
CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #3341  
Old 24-07-2021, 02:42 PM
dogstar721 dogstar721 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,634
Rep Power: 21474846
dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palacefan420 View Post
Cummings was right to diagnose that the "Westminster bubble" has fully broken the brains of the political classes across the spectrum.

The reason Cummings and his ilk can appear revolutionary is that haven't succumbed to that group think and understand how to manipulate it.

The British constitution is completely unwritten and based on the servitude and good manners of the middle classes, and when you create a popular movement you completely negate any obligation to follow it.

There was some interesting philosophy on the contradictions of Liberalism but I am loathed to recommend it given that I found out after I skimmed it that the writer was a high ranking Nazi official.
Cummings is one of those people bright enough to see just how flawed the system actually is, but only interested in exploiting that for their own ends, and effectively making it even more corrupt and rickety; who then complains about how broken the system they undermined is.

That said, he isn't actually wrong either. You don't need to be morally sound to be right in criticism, that's just a defence trotted out by the morally bankrupt to protect their position. My view, he's right, our government is inept, deceitful and corrupt. We should hold them accountable along with him.
Reply With Quote
  #3342  
Old 24-07-2021, 02:51 PM
stevek's Avatar
stevek stevek is offline
Borderline lunacy
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: On my bike on the way to a match
Age: 51
Posts: 56,737
Rep Power: 21474854
stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Mostly right about the problems - wrong about the solutions. If you want to read a really good analysis, I'd recommend this article (paywall, but if you register, you can have some free articles).

To view the link you have to Register or Login
__________________
@cyclingtheseaso

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Reply With Quote
  #3343  
Old 24-07-2021, 02:56 PM
wedgetail's Avatar
wedgetail wedgetail is offline
Sing now, godess.
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: Before the Skaian gate of Ilion
Posts: 13,494
Rep Power: 21474859
wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Mostly right about the problems - wrong about the solutions. If you want to read a really good analysis, I'd recommend this article (paywall, but if you register, you can have some free articles).

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Did he spot that putting tosspots like himself in charge was one of the worst possible problems?
Reply With Quote
  #3344  
Old 24-07-2021, 06:27 PM
Palacefan420 Palacefan420 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 114
Rep Power: 1535386
Palacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Mostly right about the problems - wrong about the solutions. If you want to read a really good analysis, I'd recommend this article (paywall, but if you register, you can have some free articles).

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Cummings is a slippery character. He used to go back and edit his blog, years after he'd posted them.Then say that he'd predicted or foreseen stuff, when really he was adding it in after fact.
Reply With Quote
  #3345  
Old 24-07-2021, 08:22 PM
Eagle's Nest Eagle's Nest is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5,363
Rep Power: 21474846
Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Mostly right about the problems - wrong about the solutions. If you want to read a really good analysis, I'd recommend this article (paywall, but if you register, you can have some free articles).

To view the link you have to Register or Login
I just read all of that. It makes some very good points, particularly in the criticism of the over centralisation of Government. I always thought it was completely unrealistic for the country to essentially be run from a single dashboard in No.10.

But, I don't buy that Cummings is unintelligent. He clearly has a brain the size of a planet. His problem is he's an habitual contrarian, which means he will eventually fail at the sort of job he was doing in No.10 but will have flash wins like political campaigns.

The CEO of my company is exactly the same, but unfortunately it has taken me too long to recognise it. I thought for a long time that he didn't respect my view or that we purely had a different idea of the direction we needed to take as a business. But then I realised that if you walked in to a meeting and said the sky was blue he would argue the toss with you without hesitation, shout you down and swear blind it was actually pink with green spots, while giving no one the room to provide evidence. This has become so frustrating that during a conversation about the future of work he completely argued against a description I made that many office premises would perhaps become more geared to collaboration, creativity and innovation, rather than being led on the whole by having desks to work at. He totally torpedoed it in the middle of a meeting. The next morning I was in a presentation to the whole business that said our own offices would become more spaces for collaboration to take into account a new hybrid way of working where travelling to a premises would not be the thing you do any longer in the majority of the time. So not only did he argue against the obvious point, he'd signed off on the presentation only the week before. Totally mental.

So for Cummings, the longer he stays anywhere, the more regularly he'll be punching himself in the face. Ok to get a slogan written on the side of a bus, but not able to solve big hairy issues.
Reply With Quote
  #3346  
Old 24-07-2021, 08:24 PM
Eagle's Nest Eagle's Nest is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5,363
Rep Power: 21474846
Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
The ****** from TTOI is a similar character (while not an exact match).
Reply With Quote
  #3347  
Old 24-07-2021, 08:47 PM
stevek's Avatar
stevek stevek is offline
Borderline lunacy
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: On my bike on the way to a match
Age: 51
Posts: 56,737
Rep Power: 21474854
stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
I just read all of that. It makes some very good points, particularly in the criticism of the over centralisation of Government. I always thought it was completely unrealistic for the country to essentially be run from a single dashboard in No.10.

But, I don't buy that Cummings is unintelligent. He clearly has a brain the size of a planet. His problem is he's an habitual contrarian, which means he will eventually fail at the sort of job he was doing in No.10 but will have flash wins like political campaigns.

The CEO of my company is exactly the same, but unfortunately it has taken me too long to recognise it. I thought for a long time that he didn't respect my view or that we purely had a different idea of the direction we needed to take as a business. But then I realised that if you walked in to a meeting and said the sky was blue he would argue the toss with you without hesitation, shout you down and swear blind it was actually pink with green spots, while giving no one the room to provide evidence. This has become so frustrating that during a conversation about the future of work he completely argued against a description I made that many office premises would perhaps become more geared to collaboration, creativity and innovation, rather than being led on the whole by having desks to work at. He totally torpedoed it in the middle of a meeting. The next morning I was in a presentation to the whole business that said our own offices would become more spaces for collaboration to take into account a new hybrid way of working where travelling to a premises would not be the thing you do any longer in the majority of the time. So not only did he argue against the obvious point, he'd signed off on the presentation only the week before. Totally mental.

So for Cummings, the longer he stays anywhere, the more regularly he'll be punching himself in the face. Ok to get a slogan written on the side of a bus, but not able to solve big hairy issues.
Pretty sure at no point did the article say he was unintelligent. And there's certainly no-one on here who knows Cummings as well as Sam does.

Cummings clearly is intelligent - though not quite as intelligent as he himself thinks he is.
__________________
@cyclingtheseaso

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Reply With Quote
  #3348  
Old 24-07-2021, 08:51 PM
Eagle's Nest Eagle's Nest is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 5,363
Rep Power: 21474846
Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Pretty sure at no point did the article say he was unintelligent. And there's certainly no-one on here who knows Cummings as well as Sam does.

Cummings clearly is intelligent - though not quite as intelligent as he himself thinks he is.
I should have been clear, I was responding to points made by posters that he is not all that clever. He clearly is
Reply With Quote
  #3349  
Old 24-07-2021, 09:09 PM
Nth Kent Eagle Nth Kent Eagle is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 26,331
Rep Power: 21474851
Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Pretty sure at no point did the article say he was unintelligent. And there's certainly no-one on here who knows Cummings as well as Sam does.

Cummings clearly is intelligent - though not quite as intelligent as he himself thinks he is.
He must have personal weaknesses. A desire for revenge and an overwhelming sense of bitterness. No client in their right minds would ever hire someone who spilled details of confidential client meetings. Try getting that through your corporate procurement process.
__________________
I only have one user name
Reply With Quote
  #3350  
Old 24-07-2021, 10:17 PM
Stellavista's Avatar
Stellavista Stellavista is offline
The Bringer of Joy
 
Join Date: Jan 1999
Location: North of the river
Posts: 37,035
Rep Power: 21474859
Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
I should have been clear, I was responding to points made by posters that he is not all that clever. He clearly is
But he is, undoubtedly, a c*nt.
Reply With Quote
  #3351  
Old 24-07-2021, 11:37 PM
dogstar721 dogstar721 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 7,634
Rep Power: 21474846
dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
He must have personal weaknesses. A desire for revenge and an overwhelming sense of bitterness. No client in their right minds would ever hire someone who spilled details of confidential client meetings. Try getting that through your corporate procurement process.
Very much so, but many a prosecution has been founded in evidence turned over by people who are bitter and resentful. You're right though, if e surprised if anyone went near him with a barge pole. Then again there's probably a few fringe players who'd took at the fact he got Johnson the crown and see it as worth the risk.
Reply With Quote
  #3352  
Old 25-07-2021, 12:07 AM
Palacefan420 Palacefan420 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Posts: 114
Rep Power: 1535386
Palacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Cummings is a forum poster at heart. He’s building his personal brand so he can make a handsome living off of substacks, build enough of an audience that he keeps getting invited on TV and live of off all that.

His wife’s job at The Spectator is also very well compensated I’d wager
Reply With Quote
  #3353  
Old 25-07-2021, 12:11 AM
Golf Boy's Avatar
Golf Boy Golf Boy is offline
I'm not divorced
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Baltic Sea
Age: 52
Posts: 44,236
Rep Power: 21474854
Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
He must have personal weaknesses. A desire for revenge and an overwhelming sense of bitterness. No client in their right minds would ever hire someone who spilled details of confidential client meetings. Try getting that through your corporate procurement process.
Has he always done that, or is it just now?
Reply With Quote
  #3354  
Old 25-07-2021, 04:10 PM
stevek's Avatar
stevek stevek is offline
Borderline lunacy
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: On my bike on the way to a match
Age: 51
Posts: 56,737
Rep Power: 21474854
stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Has he always done that, or is it just now?
I think he slagged off Iain Duncan Smith after he stopped working for him.
__________________
@cyclingtheseaso

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Reply With Quote
  #3355  
Old 25-07-2021, 04:21 PM
fang's Avatar
fang fang is offline
Up On The Triangle
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 9,834
Rep Power: 21474852
fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palacefan420 View Post
Cummings is a slippery character. He used to go back and edit his blog, years after he'd posted them.Then say that he'd predicted or foreseen stuff, when really he was adding it in after fact.
Slippery and perhaps not as bright as he thinks he is. He clearly didn't know that other people could use the 'Wayback Machine' to see the articles had been recently edited.
__________________
"This is what we find, This is what we find, the hope that springs eternal, springs right up your behind"
Reply With Quote
  #3356  
Old 25-07-2021, 05:39 PM
Lama Lama is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 159
Rep Power: 718250
Lama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
I should have been clear, I was responding to points made by posters that he is not all that clever. He clearly is
I'd bought in to the general consensus that he is super-intelligent, partly because in his blogs he does look at somethings in an unconventional way, and that is surely evidence of great intelligence, isn't it ? But actually. it's not, so I need more evidence of his super-intelligence.. What is that evidence?

In relation to the Brexit campaign, arguably Farage had at least as much influence as Cummings. In relation to Johnson winning the leadership of the party - the Tories had shown when they elected Cameron that they have a liking for empty showmen. In relation to the Dec 2019 election, even if he did mastermind the victory, it was a victory against a divided Labour party with a left wing leader. That's pretty much what John Major did.

So - I want to be persuaded of Cummings' great intelligence, but I'm not sure the evidence is there.
Reply With Quote
  #3357  
Old 25-07-2021, 05:39 PM
Maz's Avatar
Maz Maz is offline
Semper Idem
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: A place where nothing ever happens.
Posts: 165,212
Rep Power: 21474856
Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lama View Post
I'd bought in to the general consensus that he is super-intelligent, partly because in his blogs he does look at somethings in an unconventional way, and that is surely evidence of great intelligence, isn't it ? But actually. it's not, so I need more evidence of his super-intelligence.. What is that evidence?

In relation to the Brexit campaign, arguably Farage had at least as much influence as Cummings. In relation to Johnson winning the leadership of the party - the Tories had shown when they elected Cameron that they have a liking for empty showmen. In relation to the Dec 2019 election, even if he did mastermind the victory, it was a victory against a divided Labour party with a left wing leader. That's pretty much what John Major did.

So - I want to be persuaded of Cummings' great intelligence, but I'm not sure the evidence is there.
If you are going to argue that it surely has to be on the basis of some facts?
__________________
..
..G
abba Gabba Hey

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ


Reply With Quote
  #3358  
Old 25-07-2021, 05:51 PM
Lama Lama is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 159
Rep Power: 718250
Lama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
If you are going to argue that it surely has to be on the basis of some facts?
Oh dear.
Reply With Quote
  #3359  
Old 25-07-2021, 06:52 PM
stevek's Avatar
stevek stevek is offline
Borderline lunacy
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: On my bike on the way to a match
Age: 51
Posts: 56,737
Rep Power: 21474854
stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Farage clearly had a lot of influence - particularly in helping keeping the idea of leaving Europe in the news and in keeping it dividing the Conservative Party (and therefore getting the referendum in the first place). But Cummings ran the actual official campaign - and that's the campaign that 'won'. I don't think Leave would have won if Farage had run the campaign.
__________________
@cyclingtheseaso

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Reply With Quote
  #3360  
Old 25-07-2021, 07:35 PM
JHJ EAGLE's Avatar
JHJ EAGLE JHJ EAGLE is offline
Waterproof member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Scotton, North Yorkshire
Posts: 4,054
Rep Power: 8575882
JHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Farage clearly had a lot of influence - particularly in helping keeping the idea of leaving Europe in the news and in keeping it dividing the Conservative Party (and therefore getting the referendum in the first place). But Cummings ran the actual official campaign - and that's the campaign that 'won'. I don't think Leave would have won if Farage had run the campaign.
Im not sure what my point is but when I left the army in 2006 I stayed up north in Catterick. The local polling station for the garrison is our village hall which was only a few hundred metres from my house. During the 2015 elections soldiers could be seen going up there to vote in dribs and drabs. During the Brexit vote the following year iirc they marched up there in their platoons from the infantry training centre. It was something that the troops felt very strongly about. My son was in the army but too young to vote bless. Cummings, I feel, is just another cock-womble after his 15 minutes. Another 02 thief!
__________________
Festering in Warlingham
PS3 User Name - jpdmonkey66
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.