Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 24-07-2021, 02:42 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palacefan420 View Post
Cummings was right to diagnose that the "Westminster bubble" has fully broken the brains of the political classes across the spectrum.

The reason Cummings and his ilk can appear revolutionary is that haven't succumbed to that group think and understand how to manipulate it.

The British constitution is completely unwritten and based on the servitude and good manners of the middle classes, and when you create a popular movement you completely negate any obligation to follow it.

There was some interesting philosophy on the contradictions of Liberalism but I am loathed to recommend it given that I found out after I skimmed it that the writer was a high ranking Nazi official.
Cummings is one of those people bright enough to see just how flawed the system actually is, but only interested in exploiting that for their own ends, and effectively making it even more corrupt and rickety; who then complains about how broken the system they undermined is.

That said, he isn't actually wrong either. You don't need to be morally sound to be right in criticism, that's just a defence trotted out by the morally bankrupt to protect their position. My view, he's right, our government is inept, deceitful and corrupt. We should hold them accountable along with him.
Old 24-07-2021, 02:51 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Mostly right about the problems - wrong about the solutions. If you want to read a really good analysis, I'd recommend this article (paywall, but if you register, you can have some free articles).

To view the link you have to Register or Login

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 24-07-2021, 02:56 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevek View Post
Mostly right about the problems - wrong about the solutions. If you want to read a really good analysis, I'd recommend this article (paywall, but if you register, you can have some free articles).

Did he spot that putting tosspots like himself in charge was one of the worst possible problems?
Old 24-07-2021, 06:27 PM

Palacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:

Cummings is a slippery character. He used to go back and edit his blog, years after he'd posted them.Then say that he'd predicted or foreseen stuff, when really he was adding it in after fact.
Old 24-07-2021, 08:22 PM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
Quote:

I just read all of that. It makes some very good points, particularly in the criticism of the over centralisation of Government. I always thought it was completely unrealistic for the country to essentially be run from a single dashboard in No.10.

But, I don't buy that Cummings is unintelligent. He clearly has a brain the size of a planet. His problem is he's an habitual contrarian, which means he will eventually fail at the sort of job he was doing in No.10 but will have flash wins like political campaigns.

The CEO of my company is exactly the same, but unfortunately it has taken me too long to recognise it. I thought for a long time that he didn't respect my view or that we purely had a different idea of the direction we needed to take as a business. But then I realised that if you walked in to a meeting and said the sky was blue he would argue the toss with you without hesitation, shout you down and swear blind it was actually pink with green spots, while giving no one the room to provide evidence. This has become so frustrating that during a conversation about the future of work he completely argued against a description I made that many office premises would perhaps become more geared to collaboration, creativity and innovation, rather than being led on the whole by having desks to work at. He totally torpedoed it in the middle of a meeting. The next morning I was in a presentation to the whole business that said our own offices would become more spaces for collaboration to take into account a new hybrid way of working where travelling to a premises would not be the thing you do any longer in the majority of the time. So not only did he argue against the obvious point, he'd signed off on the presentation only the week before. Totally mental.

So for Cummings, the longer he stays anywhere, the more regularly he'll be punching himself in the face. Ok to get a slogan written on the side of a bus, but not able to solve big hairy issues.
Old 24-07-2021, 08:24 PM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
The ****** from TTOI is a similar character (while not an exact match).
Old 24-07-2021, 08:47 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
I just read all of that. It makes some very good points, particularly in the criticism of the over centralisation of Government. I always thought it was completely unrealistic for the country to essentially be run from a single dashboard in No.10.

But, I don't buy that Cummings is unintelligent. He clearly has a brain the size of a planet. His problem is he's an habitual contrarian, which means he will eventually fail at the sort of job he was doing in No.10 but will have flash wins like political campaigns.

The CEO of my company is exactly the same, but unfortunately it has taken me too long to recognise it. I thought for a long time that he didn't respect my view or that we purely had a different idea of the direction we needed to take as a business. But then I realised that if you walked in to a meeting and said the sky was blue he would argue the toss with you without hesitation, shout you down and swear blind it was actually pink with green spots, while giving no one the room to provide evidence. This has become so frustrating that during a conversation about the future of work he completely argued against a description I made that many office premises would perhaps become more geared to collaboration, creativity and innovation, rather than being led on the whole by having desks to work at. He totally torpedoed it in the middle of a meeting. The next morning I was in a presentation to the whole business that said our own offices would become more spaces for collaboration to take into account a new hybrid way of working where travelling to a premises would not be the thing you do any longer in the majority of the time. So not only did he argue against the obvious point, he'd signed off on the presentation only the week before. Totally mental.

So for Cummings, the longer he stays anywhere, the more regularly he'll be punching himself in the face. Ok to get a slogan written on the side of a bus, but not able to solve big hairy issues.
Pretty sure at no point did the article say he was unintelligent. And there's certainly no-one on here who knows Cummings as well as Sam does.

Cummings clearly is intelligent - though not quite as intelligent as he himself thinks he is.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 24-07-2021, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Pretty sure at no point did the article say he was unintelligent. And there's certainly no-one on here who knows Cummings as well as Sam does.

Cummings clearly is intelligent - though not quite as intelligent as he himself thinks he is.
I should have been clear, I was responding to points made by posters that he is not all that clever. He clearly is
Old 24-07-2021, 09:09 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:

He must have personal weaknesses. A desire for revenge and an overwhelming sense of bitterness. No client in their right minds would ever hire someone who spilled details of confidential client meetings. Try getting that through your corporate procurement process.
Old 24-07-2021, 10:17 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
I should have been clear, I was responding to points made by posters that he is not all that clever. He clearly is
But he is, undoubtedly, a c*nt.
Old 24-07-2021, 11:37 PM

dogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is heredogstar721 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
He must have personal weaknesses. A desire for revenge and an overwhelming sense of bitterness. No client in their right minds would ever hire someone who spilled details of confidential client meetings. Try getting that through your corporate procurement process.
Very much so, but many a prosecution has been founded in evidence turned over by people who are bitter and resentful. You're right though, if e surprised if anyone went near him with a barge pole. Then again there's probably a few fringe players who'd took at the fact he got Johnson the crown and see it as worth the risk.
Old 25-07-2021, 12:07 AM

Palacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalacefan420 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Cummings is a forum poster at heart. He’s building his personal brand so he can make a handsome living off of substacks, build enough of an audience that he keeps getting invited on TV and live of off all that.

His wife’s job at The Spectator is also very well compensated I’d wager
Old 25-07-2021, 12:11 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Has he always done that, or is it just now?
Old 25-07-2021, 04:10 PM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Has he always done that, or is it just now?
I think he slagged off Iain Duncan Smith after he stopped working for him.

Old 25-07-2021, 04:21 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palacefan420 View Post
Cummings is a slippery character. He used to go back and edit his blog, years after he'd posted them.Then say that he'd predicted or foreseen stuff, when really he was adding it in after fact.
Slippery and perhaps not as bright as he thinks he is. He clearly didn't know that other people could use the 'Wayback Machine' to see the articles had been recently edited.
Old 25-07-2021, 05:39 PM

Lama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
I'd bought in to the general consensus that he is super-intelligent, partly because in his blogs he does look at somethings in an unconventional way, and that is surely evidence of great intelligence, isn't it ? But actually. it's not, so I need more evidence of his super-intelligence.. What is that evidence?

In relation to the Brexit campaign, arguably Farage had at least as much influence as Cummings. In relation to Johnson winning the leadership of the party - the Tories had shown when they elected Cameron that they have a liking for empty showmen. In relation to the Dec 2019 election, even if he did mastermind the victory, it was a victory against a divided Labour party with a left wing leader. That's pretty much what John Major did.

So - I want to be persuaded of Cummings' great intelligence, but I'm not sure the evidence is there.
Old 25-07-2021, 05:39 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lama View Post
I'd bought in to the general consensus that he is super-intelligent, partly because in his blogs he does look at somethings in an unconventional way, and that is surely evidence of great intelligence, isn't it ? But actually. it's not, so I need more evidence of his super-intelligence.. What is that evidence?

In relation to the Brexit campaign, arguably Farage had at least as much influence as Cummings. In relation to Johnson winning the leadership of the party - the Tories had shown when they elected Cameron that they have a liking for empty showmen. In relation to the Dec 2019 election, even if he did mastermind the victory, it was a victory against a divided Labour party with a left wing leader. That's pretty much what John Major did.

So - I want to be persuaded of Cummings' great intelligence, but I'm not sure the evidence is there.
If you are going to argue that it surely has to be on the basis of some facts?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 25-07-2021, 05:51 PM

Lama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLama : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
If you are going to argue that it surely has to be on the basis of some facts?
Oh dear.
Old 25-07-2021, 06:52 PM
Borderline lunacy

Farage clearly had a lot of influence - particularly in helping keeping the idea of leaving Europe in the news and in keeping it dividing the Conservative Party (and therefore getting the referendum in the first place). But Cummings ran the actual official campaign - and that's the campaign that 'won'. I don't think Leave would have won if Farage had run the campaign.

Old 25-07-2021, 07:35 PM
Waterproof member

JHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJHJ EAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Farage clearly had a lot of influence - particularly in helping keeping the idea of leaving Europe in the news and in keeping it dividing the Conservative Party (and therefore getting the referendum in the first place). But Cummings ran the actual official campaign - and that's the campaign that 'won'. I don't think Leave would have won if Farage had run the campaign.
Im not sure what my point is but when I left the army in 2006 I stayed up north in Catterick. The local polling station for the garrison is our village hall which was only a few hundred metres from my house. During the 2015 elections soldiers could be seen going up there to vote in dribs and drabs. During the Brexit vote the following year iirc they marched up there in their platoons from the infantry training centre. It was something that the troops felt very strongly about. My son was in the army but too young to vote bless. Cummings, I feel, is just another cock-womble after his 15 minutes. Another 02 thief!