Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 08-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
I was all set to get the iPad 2, but then I got a 27" iMac instead.

I am happy with my choice

The 3 may well be a tempter though...
Old 08-12-2011, 07:14 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
27 inch iMac is very tempting. My current iMac is five years old now.

FWIW I am not sure I need a new iMac.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:28 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4
I was all set to get the iPad 2, but then I got a 27" iMac instead.

I am happy with my choice

The 3 may well be a tempter though...
Bastard to carry around though
Old 09-12-2011, 01:31 PM

suits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesuits_you : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Got my first iPhone last Friday, brand new 4S. It is SIIIIIIIICCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK bruv.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloo
Query for people on 3 One Plan contracts: Why does the My3 page for my account show the amount of available Internet allowance for the month when the One Plan comes with "all you can eat data"? Surely that means my allowance is unlimited?
Did anyone answer this for you?

Three have been saying for a long time now that there is a bug on the My3 page. It still 'counts down' from 1 gig, but To view the link you have to Register or Login.
Old 13-12-2011, 01:46 PM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
Iphone 4 ios 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak imminent

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 13-12-2011, 08:17 PM
This is it

Chris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can anybody recommend insurance for the iphone 4s?

Just bought it on an 18 month contract with o2

Considering getting Barclaycard Insurance for 6.99 per month

Thanks
Old 13-12-2011, 08:20 PM

keithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekeithywonder : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Should it not be covered on your house insurance?
Old 13-12-2011, 08:22 PM
This is it

Chris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietChris Finch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Oh and to add more pointless context to my mobile phone life....

Been on o2 simplicity since April 2008

Paying 21 per month for;

600mins
Unlimited text
Free o2 to o2 calls
Could cancel anytime after 30 days (rolling contract)
Been using a crappy Nokia for years but now need emails on the go

Now paying
41 per month for 18 months for

500 minutes
Unlimited texts
Unlimited o2 to o2
1gb internet

Plus got to pay 29 upfront for a 16gb Iphone 4s

Advice as to whether people think that is worth it??

Over last 3 years I have averaged 300 mins per month (main number I call is an o2 number)

Cheers
Old 13-12-2011, 08:23 PM
This is it

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithywonder
Should it not be covered on your house insurance?

Non home owner with no need for contents insurance!
Old 13-12-2011, 08:35 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
If you can afford to replace said phone when it is lost, stolen or breaks then don't get the insurance.

Insuring things you can afford to replace is a mug's game.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 13-12-2011, 08:51 PM
This is it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst
If you can afford to replace said phone when it is lost, stolen or breaks then don't get the insurance.

Insuring things you can afford to replace is a mug's game.
If the phone was dropped down the toilet after 1 month, I would have to shell out 499.99 for a new one from Apple.

If I was to drop it down the toilet after 1 month and had insurance, I would have paid 6.99 plus a 50 excess.

Insurance makes sense with iphones for me, though I agree with the sentiment about over-insuring.
Old 13-12-2011, 08:56 PM
Ichiro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Finch
If the phone was dropped down the toilet after 1 month, I would have to shell out 499.99 for a new one from Apple.

If I was to drop it down the toilet after 1 month and had insurance, I would have paid 6.99 plus a 50 excess.

Insurance makes sense with iphones for me, though I agree with the sentiment about over-insuring.
How many times have you dropped a phone down the toilet?
Old 13-12-2011, 09:02 PM
This is it

Zero

I have had the same phone for the last 4 years

The only reason I have taken out a contact is that the speaker blew
Old 13-12-2011, 10:14 PM
Ichiro!

what is 6.99*12*4?

Phone insurance is a massive con, even with the increased price of handsets in recent years.
Old 13-12-2011, 10:28 PM

montstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemontstar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Finch
Oh and to add more pointless context to my mobile phone life....

Been on o2 simplicity since April 2008

Paying 21 per month for;

600mins
Unlimited text
Free o2 to o2 calls
Could cancel anytime after 30 days (rolling contract)
Been using a crappy Nokia for years but now need emails on the go

Now paying
41 per month for 18 months for

500 minutes
Unlimited texts
Unlimited o2 to o2
1gb internet

Plus got to pay 29 upfront for a 16gb Iphone 4s

Advice as to whether people think that is worth it??

Over last 3 years I have averaged 300 mins per month (main number I call is an o2 number)

Cheers

Why didnt you just keep the simplicity going and buy the phone outright? Cheaper in the long run.

Steve Jobs
Old 14-12-2011, 09:12 AM
This is it

Quote:
Originally Posted by montstar
Why didnt you just keep the simplicity going and buy the phone outright? Cheaper in the long run.
21 simplicity plus 1gb of internet would have cost me 31 per month

31 x 18 = 558 plus 499 from Apple for the phone = 1057
(appreciate eBay would be say 100 cheaper? If you buy off eBay it is harder to get insurance/less comeback if phone defaults)

41 x 18 = 738 plus 29 = 767, and it is easier to get it insured

So taking the contract makes it 290/190 (eBay adjustment) cheaper?

I still have 14 days to cancel after I receive hence me asking for advice here.
Judging by the backlog, not gonna get it for 7 days or so anyway!
Old 14-12-2011, 09:17 AM
This is it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst
what is 6.99*12*4?

Phone insurance is a massive con, even with the increased price of handsets in recent years.
Seeing as I am now on the smartphone bandwagon I expect to get a new handset in 18 months and will only be taking the Barclaycard policy out for 12 months.

In 12 months time phone insurance premiums will hopefully reduced
Old 14-12-2011, 09:51 AM

greybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is heregreybot Sam the man is here
Owning your phone outright and being on o2 network with giff gaff is the way to go.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 14-12-2011, 09:57 AM
Mmmmmm Nina

james powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjames powell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Is anyone else having trouble with locations?
Keeps changing my time to 4 hours ahead and when I go onto maps it says I'm Sudan !
When I check the time and date it says set automatically "Time Zone Khartoum"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny boy View Post
Gayle is just not a goal scorer
BookFace
Gamertag: II BARNEY G II