Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 06-08-2019, 02:58 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brummie Allan View Post
I can't get dial tone???? did you ever have a dial tone? Mine worked after a rice repair, after it had a very quick dip. Only problem was rice stuck in the charging hole which I think had expanded with the moisture and was hard to get out. How can rice get inside your friends phone???
It was actually a cordless land line phone not a mobile that went in the water, hence the dial tone.

The rice got inside went rocket scientist here took the batteries out and left the battery cover off thinking it would be good for the rice to dry out that area, but now I (ops... my friend) looks at it there are areas where the rice can get inside the phones workings.

It's actually working this morning (switches on and off, has a dial tone and can call out and receive calls), only issue is the little screen is not functioning, although lights up.
Old 06-08-2019, 04:21 PM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
By the way the time zone thing worked
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 06-08-2019, 09:36 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
By the way the time zone thing worked

Great, thanks for checking, especially as you say you don’t use the calendar App.
Old 07-08-2019, 05:29 PM
The Spiky One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
It was actually a cordless land line phone not a mobile that went in the water, hence the dial tone.

The rice got inside went rocket scientist here took the batteries out and left the battery cover off thinking it would be good for the rice to dry out that area, but now I (ops... my friend) looks at it there are areas where the rice can get inside the phones workings.

It's actually working this morning (switches on and off, has a dial tone and can call out and receive calls), only issue is the little screen is not functioning, although lights up.
Now the screen is actually working... guess it dried out.

I may reassess this rice myth. I think it's get some merit, although I do wonder if just letting the phone sit for a few days would have the same affect.
Old 05-09-2019, 07:31 PM

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
New iPhone launch next Tuesday

Release on the 20th
Old 07-09-2019, 07:21 AM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is hereJerry Murphy's Fringe Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE View Post
New iPhone launch next Tuesday

Release on the 20th

From what I have seen online the '11' seems a relatively small increment. I am hoping that it pushes X's down the price scale as I will be changing handset soon.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:43 PM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Murphy's Fringe View Post
From what I have seen online the '11' seems a relatively small increment. I am hoping that it pushes X's down the price scale as I will be changing handset soon.
Indeed, looks like allot more worthwhile changes will be around for the 12 release next year (not least 5G) - still happy with the 8 at the moment.
Old 10-09-2019, 06:53 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Slightly improved camera, slightly improved processor, slightly improved battery life. Yawn, seems like that’s been the case for about the last three years. Think I will stick with my 6s plus for another year.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Last edited by Smoz; 10-09-2019 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-09-2019, 08:44 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoz View Post
Slightly improved camera, slightly improved processor, slightly improved battery life. Yawn, seems like that’s been the case for about the last three years. Think I will stick with my 6s plus for another year.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
The X is a step above but this is meh!
Old 10-09-2019, 09:03 PM

Imajica : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineImajica : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineImajica : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineImajica : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineImajica : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineImajica : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineImajica : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineImajica : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineImajica : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineImajica : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineImajica : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Have to agree, I went from a 6plus to the X and really feel the difference. No point upgrading version to version now, can wait 3 to 4 upgrades before making it worth the jump
Old 10-09-2019, 09:08 PM
Play nice now everyone

Fatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is hereFatboy Sam the man is here
Wonder if James has finished drooling yet?
Old 10-09-2019, 09:51 PM
This

Galo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGalo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not 5G
Old 12-09-2019, 01:34 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galo View Post
Not 5G
Which network actually offers 5G in St Albans?
Old 12-09-2019, 07:42 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
No 5G means that I won’t be going for a new iPhone this time around. Not because I always want the newest and best, quite the opposite in fact, but because I hold onto my phones for a few years I don’t want to splash out on a new handset which will be outdated in a couple of years time. For those who upgrade every year or so then I agree that lack of 5G isn’t a problem though.

Going to hold onto my four year old 6s plus for another year.
Old 13-09-2019, 06:38 AM
Erect Member

NO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I tend to upgrade every other year and currently have the iPhone X. Lack of 5G means I won’t bother this year though
Old 15-09-2019, 07:17 PM

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
Im upgrading to the 11, simply cause I have the 7, its paid off and the phone now overheats and battery life is crap. Can still get £135 for it too if I sell it now.
Old 15-09-2019, 07:30 PM
Eternal Optimist

LDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLDNEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle View Post
EE, Vodafone and very soon to join will be SKY and O2.
Old 16-09-2019, 07:34 AM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDNEAGLE View Post
EE, Vodafone and very soon to join will be SKY and O2.
Neither EE nor Vodphone offer any 5G coverage whatsoever in St Albans.

Last edited by Blind_Eagle; 16-09-2019 at 07:37 AM.
Old 19-09-2019, 11:49 PM
The Spiky One

Has anyone updated to iOS 13 yet?

Looks like a hell of a lot of changes for one update. A bit too many for my liking... I think I'll resist as long as possible.
Old 20-09-2019, 03:19 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
No.

13.1 is being released on Tuesday.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.