Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 20-09-2019, 06:03 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
After watching some YouTube stuff on iOS 13, it looks like a bunch on stuff I personally would have no interest in or need for.
Old 20-09-2019, 06:39 AM
Ichiro!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
The only reason I can think of why they are releasing it now and an updating almost immediately is so people can backup their old phones on 13 before
migrating over to the new phones (which will come with 13).

I’m not going near it until 13.1 is out
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 20-09-2019, 07:10 AM

Marki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
New ipadOS out on September 30th includes support for external USB/SD card storage. As does ios 13 for the iPhone. A big step forward for these devices.
Old 20-09-2019, 07:48 AM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marki View Post
New ipadOS out on September 30th includes support for external USB/SD card storage. As does ios 13 for the iPhone. A big step forward for these devices.
A nice step forward, but what for what purpose ?

Presumably ios13 is best on brand new or newish phones that have bigger memory anyway, and external memory goes against the idea of using the cloud.

I wonder what the thinking is behind it ?
Old 20-09-2019, 07:50 AM

Marki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post

Presumably ios13 is best on brand new or newish phones that have bigger memory anyway, and external memory goes against the idea of using the cloud.

A move towards laptop replacement seems to be mentioned a lot.

Personally it will make it much easier to take movies etc with me when travelling and remove the need for a separate tablet.
Old 20-09-2019, 07:54 AM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:

Personally it will make it much easier to take movies etc with me when travelling and remove the need for a separate tablet.

Ah... makes sense.
Old 20-09-2019, 09:37 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
Quote:
A big step forward for these devices.
That the others have been doing for years !!!! Cutting edge stuff from Apple yet again. Welcome though. I have a year to run on my contract and was going to jump ship to Android but this might make me rethink. All they have to do now is get rid of the stupid notch.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013
Member of the Strange Aircraft Clique
16th December 2018
Old 20-09-2019, 05:23 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
My wife lost all her iPhone contacts in her car phone. I've spent 2 days messing with it, taking it to the dealer, searching the internet etc..

Finally found some anecdotal stories about emojis causing phone books in the car to crash.

Sure enough my wife added an emoji to a new contact entry last week. When she used her car for the first time 2 days ago, the phone book automatically updated and crashed the system apparently. Removed the emoji and all the contacts miraculously were restored to the car phone book.

One of those butterfly flaps it's wings cases I think...
Old 22-09-2019, 09:52 AM

LLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is hereLLCOOLSTEVE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Has anyone updated to iOS 13 yet?

Looks like a hell of a lot of changes for one update. A bit too many for my liking... I think I'll resist as long as possible.

Yes, but only as I have the new phone; have to add the wide lense camera is fantastic.
Old 22-09-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post
The only reason I can think of why they are releasing it now and an updating almost immediately is so people can backup their old phones on 13 before

I saw this morning that 13.1 was already in beta before 13 was released and 13.1 arrives this week.
Old 22-09-2019, 10:06 AM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
iphone users

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post

To push the “laptop replacement” angle i suspect.

**already mentioned. Oops.

Breathin deep, breathin easy...

Didn’t vote for a Brexit.
Old 23-09-2019, 03:27 PM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
I have found a thing on the phone where it shows me a list of attachments that I can delete to free up some space. One of these is a pic from 2015 but I have no idea what message it was part of. I have tried google but have no clue how I can find what this picture is attached to. I have a date and thats it. Any iphone jedi master out there got any idea?

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 23-09-2019, 07:46 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adlerhorst View Post

good decision - 13 is a dog and yet another in the growing line of crap software releases from the new Apple
Old 23-09-2019, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
good decision - 13 is a dog and yet another in the growing line of crap software releases from the new Apple
Why is it? I've not upgraded yet and wont for ages whilst they fix all the problems and I don"'t want the usual slowdown in performance that comes with an üpgrade

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 23-09-2019, 08:49 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Why is it? I've not upgraded yet and wont for ages whilst they fix all the problems and I don"'t want the usual slowdown in performance that comes with an üpgrade
Lots of things.

Suddenly cannot connect to home devices like the Sonos or the thermostat
Safari address bar is overlaid by content on some sites so you can’t actually search and need to open a new tab
Safari links need pressing twice before they register
Airport Utility crashes on launch
Apple ID screen cannot be exited if you view it whilst on the Apple Arcade tab in the App Store app

Just lots of shit bugs that are apparent to anyone within two minutes of use; don’t forget Apple had more than two million beta testers ffs
Old 23-09-2019, 08:52 PM
Binned by Muderators

Double tapping in Safari to zoom now only works intermittently and without any rhyme or reason.

It’s a dreadful release.
Old 23-09-2019, 08:55 PM

Why do they do this? Once a fantastic company with innovative products now just a me too and even they don’t work

29th May 2004
22nd May 2006
27th May 2013
16th December 2018
Old 23-09-2019, 10:32 PM
Binned by Muderators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
Why do they do this? Once a fantastic company with innovative products now just a me too and even they don’t work
They’ve got a nonce who doesn’t know what he’s doing running the company?

Yeah, I’m not a fan of Tim Cook in the slightest.
Old 25-09-2019, 03:00 PM
playing 4-4-2

gadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietgadford4th came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett View Post
It’s the worst one yet. Everything I try and do is buggy and my battery life has taken a massive hit.
Old 25-09-2019, 03:04 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:

a decent android phone with a decent sized Micro SD would be even easier....

SaulAlinsky