Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 02-05-2021, 09:21 AM

Johnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
Apparently It was strikes, huge unemployment, everyone on dole, all due to labour and this is what brexshitters say Corbyn will bring back if voted.

The bad old days......and I must admit many a morons bought that line
Indeed, and if you speak to some 70s Tory voters when asked what they thought of Michael Foot, all many can remember is that he wore a donkey jacket to the cenotaph (which he didn't ofcourse) but never let a lie come between a good cut through image of someone too scruffy for the job.

And their spawn now are similarly brainwashed with the picture of Corbyn wearing a Russian Ushanka hat, that proves to them he is a commie although if they had a brain to go through the manifesto (e.g. 28% CGT, no tax rises below 150k income etc) they cant identify a single commie policy, nb. they were only just left of centre. Ask them to name 1, just 1?

But they were happy enough to vote for the scruffy blond mop who became the voice of Putin in brexit, has decimated the economy, saddled the country with wartime levels of debt and still demands gold leaf wall paper paid by 'donors' who he can give £120m govt contracts to .....but don't call them thick whatever you do
Old 02-05-2021, 09:35 AM

Johnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is hereJohnybegood Sam the man is here
This is the level of 70s stupidity we are dealing with

To view the link you have to Register or Login

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 02-05-2021, 09:36 AM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipw View Post
It's a judgement that every voter has to make. Unless of course you believe with 100% certainty that all parties will deliver everything in their manifesto with no adverse effect whatsoever. Fine if you want to call it a guess rather than a judgement.

As an aside, this is way off topic/thread. Debate started with my comment that it was out of order for some on here not to care that people were made redundant, just because their constituency was 68% pro Brexit. Put aside the fact that I think it is wrong not to care that folk lose jobs, it is quite possible that those unfortunate employees were not representative of Rotherham in being pro Brexit as they will have known they were working for a company that was export dependent.
This is not off topic, you want it off topic as you don’t want the blame that it was your vote for the Tories that led to brexit-job losses.

Now we knew what the Tory version of Brexit would be they did everything to get it through the parliament, lied, prorogued etc but failed, we could have given labour and maybe a coalition a chance to see what they had to offer.

But you and many like you bought the snake oil ‘get brexit done’ and now it is someone else’s fault and let’s not talk about it....what time does the pub open?
Old 02-05-2021, 09:45 AM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKATE View Post
You only have half a brain? I guess that explains a lot. I'm sorry for your loss.
I didn’t wanted to comment on that own goal.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:45 AM

Walter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is hereWalter Wort Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
What was so bad about the 1970’s, fashion aside?
No-one in their right mind wants to go back to the 1970s with unions wielding power, forcing things on us like paid holidays, maternity rights, paid sick leave, five day week, equal pay, better health and safety regulation, fighting workplace discrimination, member benefits including legal and financial advice, free will service, discounted insurance and shopping, death-in-service benefit and the like.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:47 AM

Little Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is hereLittle Fozzie Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
I haven't investigated either the benefits, or the disadvantages, but I expect there are some of both
Classic

FWL Honours:

Premiership: 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 18, 19, 20. Runners Up: 9, 13, 14, 15, 17.
FA Cup: 4, 17. Runners Up: 5, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 18.
Others: Champions League (x2), League Cup, WCC (bronze), Championship (x2), Charity Shield
Old 02-05-2021, 09:47 AM
thoughtful & kind..

The Misfit Sam the man is hereThe Misfit Sam the man is hereThe Misfit Sam the man is hereThe Misfit Sam the man is hereThe Misfit Sam the man is hereThe Misfit Sam the man is hereThe Misfit Sam the man is hereThe Misfit Sam the man is hereThe Misfit Sam the man is hereThe Misfit Sam the man is hereThe Misfit Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
I haven't investigated either the benefits, or the disadvantages, but I expect there are some of both. I appreciate that you haven't bothered to investigate either but, more importantly, how far has the whittling progressed you in life?
Actually, this thread has been a running investigation of the benefits and disadvantages of Brexit but to date no one has been able to identify a single benefit whilst the list of disadvantages is as long as your arm and getting longer by the day.
Old 02-05-2021, 09:48 AM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybegood View Post
Indeed, and if you speak to some 70s Tory voters when asked what they thought of Michael Foot, all many can remember is that he wore a donkey jacket to the cenotaph (which he didn't ofcourse) but never let a lie come between a good cut through image of someone too scruffy for the job.

And their spawn now are similarly brainwashed with the picture of Corbyn wearing a Russian Ushanka hat, that proves to them he is a commie although if they had a brain to go through the manifesto (e.g. 28% CGT, no tax rises below 150k income etc) they cant identify a single commie policy, nb. they were only just left of centre. Ask them to name 1, just 1?

But they were happy enough to vote for the scruffy blond mop who became the voice of Putin in brexit, has decimated the economy, saddled the country with wartime levels of debt and still demands gold leaf wall paper paid by 'donors' who he can give £120m govt contracts to .....but don't call them thick whatever you do
I don’t think anyone bothered to read what labour manifesto was, yes corbyn didn’t come with a catchy three word slogan.

Boris is now complaining Biden gets more than double what he gets and to add salt to his wounds so does the EU president. Maybe the brexshitters can do a go fund me page for this beloved leader so he can have a new wall paper to cover over the Brexit cracks
Old 02-05-2021, 10:06 AM
In a nutshell

Percy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is herePercy Dalton Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Wort View Post
No-one in their right mind wants to go back to the 1970s with unions wielding power, forcing things on us like paid holidays, maternity rights, paid sick leave, five day week, equal pay, better health and safety regulation, fighting workplace discrimination, member benefits including legal and financial advice, free will service, discounted insurance and shopping, death-in-service benefit and the like.
Walter I think you have confused many things & dates.

Many of the things you list above were introduced in the 60's & by a Labour government. Other benefits were already in place before the 60's anyway but most of the items on your list have been enhanced by gradual process.

Even so by the late 60's even the Labour party were struggling to control the power of some unions which was damaging the economy and indeed their own members. Barbara Castle tried to bring in her "In place of Strife" bill but sadly Harold Wilson pulled back and an opportunity missed which in the end opened the door for Mrs Thatcher.

I would also add that despite all the progress that was made in the 60's & 70's by the Labour government and to some extent the unions, women's rights especially in pensions & pay were overlooked greatly.

"Why go to learn the words of fools?" Steve Marriott/Ronnie Lane
Old 02-05-2021, 10:08 AM
Life’s too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKATE View Post
You only have half a brain? I guess that explains a lot. I'm sorry for your loss.
Sharp as a sausage you are
Old 02-05-2021, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
This is not off topic, you want it off topic as you don’t want the blame that it was your vote for the Tories that led to brexit-job losses.

Now we knew what the Tory version of Brexit would be they did everything to get it through the parliament, lied, prorogued etc but failed, we could have given labour and maybe a coalition a chance to see what they had to offer.

But you and many like you bought the snake oil ‘get brexit done’ and now it is someone else’s fault and let’s not talk about it....what time does the pub open?
How very true,!
always amuses me when a tory voter tells me they voted remain, but then voted for a hard tory brexit.

Like pretending it's not them who was responsible for the shitshow
Old 02-05-2021, 10:36 AM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybegood View Post
How very true,!
always amuses me when a tory voter tells me they voted remain, but then voted for a hard tory brexit.

Like pretending it's not them who was responsible for the shitshow
Well quite. Passionate remainers in 2016 voting for the hardest of brexits in 2019 to save the economy from Corbyn. So sure the temporary 5 year labour tenure would be so bad that it was worth voting for a permanent hard brexit.

It seemed odd at the time but now in 2021 with the uk being utterly ****ed by covid, over 2 trillion £ in debt and the hardest hit of all major economies it has somewhat backfired. The ‘safe pair of hands’ approach may have made sense if the safe hands were not the ERG, PP, BJ and their ilk. People voted for the hardest of brexits and put nutters in charge to avoid 5 years of labour - and still they ride high in the polls.
Old 02-05-2021, 10:56 AM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Fine if you want to believe that. Not that i would have voted for him anyway, remind me of the clear pro remain position that corbyn was espousing?
You seem confused.

Whatever reason you voted Johnson, it could not have been clearer that his version of brexit was going to lead to trade barriers with the EU and a de facto border within the UK. It could not have been clearer how he was a liar, a charlatan and a liability with a terrible track record for wasting money and dishonesty.

You either voted for him knowingly and didn't care, or somehow ignorant of it all and therefore quite stupid.

So did you know what you were voting for and think it was a price worth paying for whatever it is you are getting out of this government?
Old 02-05-2021, 10:58 AM

rhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is hererhino_mik Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy Dalton View Post
Walter I think you have confused many things & dates.

Many of the things you list above were introduced in the 60's & by a Labour government. Other benefits were already in place before the 60's anyway but most of the items on your list have been enhanced by gradual process.

Even so by the late 60's even the Labour party were struggling to control the power of some unions which was damaging the economy and indeed their own members. Barbara Castle tried to bring in her "In place of Strife" bill but sadly Harold Wilson pulled back and an opportunity missed which in the end opened the door for Mrs Thatcher.

I would also add that despite all the progress that was made in the 60's & 70's by the Labour government and to some extent the unions, women's rights especially in pensions & pay were overlooked greatly.
How are the benefits holding up in the National Union of Fruit Pickers?
Old 02-05-2021, 11:16 AM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Wort View Post
Yup, thank feck we stopped all that nonsense

(Must spread etc)
Old 02-05-2021, 11:17 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Debate started with my comment that it was out of order for some on here not to care that people were made redundant, just because their constituency was 68% pro Brexit.
Out of order?

Surely those brave Brexiteers are happy with a bit of short term pain for long term gain, particularly when you consider all the hours of sovereignty sunshine they now have to bask in. I distinctly remember me and millions of others, including actual experts, warning of the consequences of Brexit, but apparently England had had enough of experts and everything else was project fear. So to provide sympathy for the glorious consequences of Brexit would be condescending and giving in to project fear. As long as they believe in Britain they will be fine - they've been through much worse don't forget.

Besides if like me you see yourself as a Remainer, a European, pro the EU as opposed to being a Brexiteer, should you not celebrate jobs leaving a non-EU member and going to Europe? I would hate to be labelled a hypocrite after all.

In short if those that voted to leave Europe lost their jobs to Europe why would I feel any sympathy for them for getting what they voted for? Taking them at their word I can only assume they are overjoyed. There are British farms to work on and British fish to catch after all - what more do we need?
Old 02-05-2021, 11:20 AM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Well quite. Passionate remainers in 2016 voting for the hardest of brexits in 2019 to save the economy from Corbyn. So sure the temporary 5 year labour tenure would be so bad that it was worth voting for a permanent hard brexit.

It seemed odd at the time but now in 2021 with the uk being utterly ****ed by covid, over 2 trillion £ in debt and the hardest hit of all major economies it has somewhat backfired. The ‘safe pair of hands’ approach may have made sense if the safe hands were not the ERG, PP, BJ and their ilk. People voted for the hardest of brexits and put nutters in charge to avoid 5 years of labour - and still they ride high in the polls.
The peoples socialist Tory party which has been paying the furlough dosh in my opinion is the only reason they are ahead. I want to see once that dosh stops will they still be leading?
Old 02-05-2021, 11:21 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino_mik View Post
How are the benefits holding up in the National Union of Fruit Pickers?
I think they've dropped the union bit as they are 'freed' from lefties and foreigners, oh, and also the pickers bit because that's not patriotic enough.

So it's now a simple, NF
Old 02-05-2021, 11:22 AM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Out of order?

Surely those brave Brexiteers are happy with a bit of short term pain for long term gain, particularly when you consider all the hours of sovereignty sunshine they now have to bask in. I distinctly remember me and millions of others, including actual experts, warning of the consequences of Brexit, but apparently England had had enough of experts and everything else was project fear. So to provide sympathy for the glorious consequences of Brexit would be condescending and giving in to project fear. As long as they believe in Britain they will be fine - they've been through much worse don't forget.

Besides if like me you see yourself as a Remainer, a European, pro the EU as opposed to being a Brexiteer, should you not celebrate jobs leaving a non-EU member and going to Europe? I would hate to be labelled a hypocrite after all.

In short if those that voted to leave Europe lost their jobs to Europe why would I feel any sympathy for them for getting what they voted for? Taking them at their word I can only assume they are overjoyed. There are British farms to work on and British fish to catch after all - what more do we need?
^^^
Old 02-05-2021, 11:22 AM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
Out of order?

According to the telegraph today hospitality is facing a recruitment crisis ahead of opening up on May 17th. London has apparently shed 700000 people. There are plenty of opportunities for these skilled English workers to pull pints and tidy bedrooms for minimum wage.

We have plenty of work for Percy.