Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Politics Forum

Notices

The Politics Forum Discussions that are wholly or mainly concerned with UK politics

Old 29-05-2021, 08:38 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
Yes it is called ‘Oh look over there’

It is interesting, yes.
Within a couple of years there will be gigantic job vacancies in the US, U.K. Ireland, Germany, Holland and Scandinavia. The EU should be judged on whether they can avoid regional inequality and generate jobs in the south and east and stop depopulation in many of those areas.
Old 29-05-2021, 08:43 PM

Philipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Is it?
Is to me. You don’t think its a bit odd?
Old 29-05-2021, 08:44 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipw View Post
Is to me. You don’t think its a bit odd?
I'm struggling to find the relevance.
Old 29-05-2021, 08:48 PM

Philipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I'm struggling to find the relevance.
Relevance is that, for whatever reason, people seem not to be returning to hospitality, even in the US. Doesnt mean that Brexit hasn't had an impact (which i think it has) but seems to be other factors in play
Old 29-05-2021, 08:52 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Relevance is that, for whatever reason, people seem not to be returning to hospitality, even in the US. Doesnt mean that Brexit hasn't had an impact (which i think it has) but seems to be other factors in play
How's fruit picking going in the States? Shortages in building trades? What about the care sector?
Old 29-05-2021, 09:32 PM

Quote:
How's fruit picking going in the States? Shortages in building trades? What about the care sector?
First two definitely impacted - but not social care to any significant degree (yet). The bit we dont yet know is, alongside brexit, the impact of folk returning to their home countries because of covid and not yet returning. Combination of both factors in my opinion.
Old 30-05-2021, 02:52 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Laid up as I am with the Virus it has struck me how many “second world war” films that are still shown on the beeb. I’m normally out all weekend with football and cricket etc.

I haven’t watched a minute of them but think I’ve seen that there has been at least three such films on at tea time over the weekend.

Is this a new phenomenon or has Auntie always pandered to the gammonati by showing so many of these films over a weekend?

Surely there must be better stuff out there.

Cricket wanker.
Old 30-05-2021, 03:14 PM
Up On The Triangle

Quote:
First two definitely impacted - but not social care to any significant degree (yet). The bit we dont yet know is, alongside brexit, the impact of folk returning to their home countries because of covid and not yet returning. Combination of both factors in my opinion.
Covid certainly accelerated a clear trend post Brexit. Of course many of those who returned home will no longer be able to return and live here.
Old 30-05-2021, 03:30 PM
I am a Bad Man

RazorsEdge has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
Laid up as I am with the Virus it has struck me how many “second world war” films that are still shown on the beeb. I’m normally out all weekend with football and cricket etc.

I haven’t watched a minute of them but think I’ve seen that there has been at least three such films on at tea time over the weekend.

Is this a new phenomenon or has Auntie always pandered to the gammonati by showing so many of these films over a weekend?

Always been the same. Most of the gammonati are retired and spend their days watching de Germans getting bombed.....
Old 30-05-2021, 03:40 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Always been the same. Most of the gammonati are retired and spend their days watching de Germans getting bombed.....
Seems like it Razor, although it is of course ze Germans.

Cricket wanker.
Old 30-05-2021, 04:25 PM

Sodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is hereSodermalm Sam the man is here
Quote:

Guess they show what they think people want to see.

I've started watching non-uk/USA war films recently. In the last week I've watched Slovenia v Germany and Finland v Russia. Neither had penalties at the end of normal time.
Old 30-05-2021, 04:28 PM

Quote:

TV networks would have a short list of good films if they didn't show any where one race/group of people fought another....no more westerns, zulu, spartacus, vietnam films etc...
Old 30-05-2021, 04:37 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Seems like it Razor, although it is of course ze Germans.
Oh yes Ze Germans… hehe
Old 30-05-2021, 04:40 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
TV networks would have a short list of good films if they didn't show any where one race/group of people fought another....no more westerns, zulu, spartacus, vietnam films etc...
You forgot Zombies, Orc’s, Aliens in that list.(etc may hold them etc)

I take it you like ww2 movies?

Asking for a friend…
Old 30-05-2021, 04:54 PM
Got any nuts?

Quote:
Of course... but most of these films are now seventy years old.

Surely there are other films out there...

Cricket wanker.
Old 30-05-2021, 05:01 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:
Of course... but most of these films are now seventy years old.

Surely there are other films out there...
2 divorces, 11 children, 127,000 funerals and a wedding?
Old 30-05-2021, 05:03 PM

Quote:
You forgot Zombies, Orc’s, Aliens in that list.(etc may hold them etc)

I take it you like ww2 movies?

Asking for a friend…
Not really...although liked where eagles dare...
Old 30-05-2021, 05:04 PM
Got any nuts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
2 divorces, 11 children, 127,000 funerals and a wedding?
Love actually.

Cricket wanker.
Old 30-05-2021, 05:24 PM
I am a Bad Man

Quote:
Not really...although liked where eagles dare...
That is a good movie.
Old 30-05-2021, 05:41 PM

Quote:
That is a good movie.
Title was even better ��