Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old Today, 05:03 PM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
I heard on the radio this morning that the age group with the highest infection rate was the 11-18s.

This makes sense as they are the least vaccinated group, mix socially indoor the most and are probably the most tested.

Aside from confirming the obvious, that schools do spread the virus, the positive to this is that a) come the holidays the numbers will drop and b) perhaps the government can have a plan for September when kids go back to school and it not be the utterly unpredictable event the Tsar of all Wisdom Dido Harding claimed it to belast year.

Even if that plan is 'we expect numbers to rise but are comfortable with it because all adults and vulnerable children are vaccinated and we want kids to gain natural immunity'.
The other possible is that with schools having gone back this past 10 days, mass testing of kids has resumed and, as possibly one of the most tested groups, they have the highest number of positives. Some true, some false.
Old Today, 05:05 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
And I am also unclear on whee we are, or where we will be on the vaccine passport and how it relates to Sinovac. Plus, whatever the clown and his mates deem to be red list countries. Chile were put on there super quick and have been a constant - compared to India and The US etc. at their peaks.

At this stage it is the known unknowns that are stopping me re-booking.

It will end up costing me more. But the extra will be better than the potential faffing about later.

And FWIW, not that I am close, but I haven't seen my family and UK friends in over five years, or Palace live for that matter. I think you can see why I get a tad tetchy about people bleating about SEVERE restrictions.

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old Today, 05:06 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
What’s this Labour policy with a vote tonight about scrapping the amber list and making it red instead so that everyone travelling to Greece, Spain and Portugal etc has to quarantine in hotels upon return. They then say they want more support for the airline industry. Have Labour thought that through because if you slash travel to the amber countries I’m not sure you would have any airline industry left.
Old Today, 05:46 PM

Kevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is hereKevin T Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipw View Post
yep. with a glass half full hat on, it seems that the 14 June decision date for releasing restrictions many have come a week too early.

This is exactly what I think. The issue was always not having enough view of the onward trajectory. The decision point simply came too early in the life of this variant / wave to make the call
Old Today, 05:47 PM

LSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have now had a quick look at the modelling and it is pretty pessimistic, it suggests we'll have 100k cases by next Monday (which I'll take the under on) although to be fair that includes those not picked up by testing. There's a decent Twitter thread on it at To view the link you have to Register or Login

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Also just to note that the models used back in February (before Delta) projected that the wave caused by unlocking would lead to between 54k and 60k from 8 March, so far there have been 2,297, although of course you can argue that the exit wave hasn't really happened so we shall see.
Old Today, 08:02 PM

Philipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If this article is true (mandatory vaccines for care home staff), it is likely to cause chaos in the industry, particularly London where uptake is below 80% in many areas. If they mandate it for care homes but not NHS, staff will likely leave social care to join the NHS. And, if they make it mandatory for the NHS too (which would be logical) a big union dispute coming I suspect.

Old Today, 08:16 PM

Malaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMalaga Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSEagle View Post
I have now had a quick look at the modelling and it is pretty pessimistic, it suggests we'll have 100k cases by next Monday (which I'll take the under on) although to be fair that includes those not picked up by testing. There's a decent Twitter thread on it at To view the link you have to Register or Login

Also just to note that the models used back in February (before Delta) projected that the wave caused by unlocking would lead to between 54k and 60k from 8 March, so far there have been 2,297, although of course you can argue that the exit wave hasn't really happened so we shall see.
It's also gonna piss down with thunder and lightning on Thursday (Modelled) Ffs!
Old Today, 08:20 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
The issue of vaccines needed to be in the workplace is going to be a minefield for employers. Not sure there are any easy ways out for employers. To view the link you have to Register or Login.

Last edited by Nth Kent Eagle; Today at 08:28 PM.
Old Today, 09:21 PM
Balding Eagle

Palace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
On a lighter note we have enjoyed getting the sun steward volunteering at vax centres. I pick outdoor duty every time!
Old Today, 10:25 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipw View Post
If this article is true (mandatory vaccines for care home staff), it is likely to cause chaos in the industry, particularly London where uptake is below 80% in many areas. If they mandate it for care homes but not NHS, staff will likely leave social care to join the NHS. And, if they make it mandatory for the NHS too (which would be logical) a big union dispute coming I suspect.

The lawyer Adam Wagner has just been discussing potential issues in twitter and has has people say to him that proof of immunisation (not covid, but don't know what vaccinations) has been a required in (some?) NHS contracts for years now
Old Today, 10:36 PM

Philipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhilipw came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
The lawyer Adam Wagner has just been discussing potential issues in twitter and has has people say to him that proof of immunisation (not covid, but don't know what vaccinations) has been a required in (some?) NHS contracts for years now
yep. Hep B vaccine (or immunity) required for many in the NHS at present. Although not formally set out in legislation I think so not been fully legally tested.
Old Today, 10:51 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
I refer to a post of mine two weeks back.

Apparantly people here are being multidosed now. First jab Pfizer...second jab Astrazeneca. This is as a result of successful trials.

Is this an option in Blighty?

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old Today, 10:55 PM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Have many businesses been asking to see the coronapas app? We have both a credit card sized paper saying the date(s) and the make of the vaccine (which fits nicely into the wallet) and the NHS app which enables me to show I've had my vaccines. Yet, I don't recall I have been asked for it once yet? I'm waiting to see what happens on the large building sites that my lads work on to see if they get requested it. Given they change sites so frequently it would save a lot of time.
Well not many. Have only been asked once so far, as we decided to drink/eat inside last month.

Since a few weeks before our freedom day last week me and the Mrs/friends have only been out to bars/pubs/brewpubs etc and we have only needed to show a coronapas if we want to sit inside/at the bar etc and drink/eat - you do not need to show a pass if you are just going up to the bar to buy and take the drinks/food out to drink/dine outside. Had great weather so not much need to be in.

Our 1st vaccines will be showing in a week on the app, as a result no longer need to do the quick free tests which used to take 30min to show up on the app, so will just show the 1st vaccine as proof instead on the app. I do wonder though now that since last orders/closing times have been extended to midnight and in 4 weeks will be back to normal 2am if it the checking of the app/pass will slip.