Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 07-02-2021, 06:57 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hughff View Post
Larry's Rebels or Max Merritt and the Meteors? Either way, he must have been a fair bit older than you.
Larry's Rebels. Yeah he was, had a massive ego.

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 07-02-2021, 06:58 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
The Hannon doc on the BBCiPlayer is entertaining.
Neil Hannon?

Old 07-02-2021, 11:11 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Neil Hannon?
Yes.
Old 07-02-2021, 04:35 PM
Old School BBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
Yes.
Ooh, what's it called?

Old 07-02-2021, 05:13 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Ooh, what's it called?
Neil Hannon: 30 Years of the Divine Comedy
Old 07-02-2021, 08:36 PM
Old School BBS

Quote:
Fab, cheers

Old 08-02-2021, 11:20 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Quote:
Larry's Rebels. Yeah he was, had a massive ego.
Harry Leki, Viv McCarthy or someone else?

Send me a PM if you don't want to publicly name and shame, as they say.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 09-02-2021, 07:06 AM
Old School BBS

Quote:
Harry Leki, Viv McCarthy or someone else?

Send me a PM if you don't want to publicly name and shame, as they say.
Viv McCarthy.

Used to turn up to rehearsals with copies of records he 's played on etc.

He used to bang on about how he used to have a P.A. that the Who had used on an Australian tour, he even had loads of photos of it.

Old 09-02-2021, 08:29 PM
moving forward

art malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is hereart malice Sam the man is here
Quote:
Itís good but nowhere near long enough. One minute a year?
Old 09-02-2021, 09:45 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
Larry's Rebels burned through crap bassists but VM was their last one and meant to be the best. I'll let you make judgment on the quality of those who went before.

FWIW, I think their placement in the Hall of Fame has more to do with being a pioneer act than a good one.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 10-02-2021, 03:30 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Agree. But it's not really a history, is it?
It was a bit different to some of the usual treatments, which is what you'd expect from him.
Old 10-02-2021, 05:32 PM
Old School BBS

Quote:
Larry's Rebels burned through crap bassists but VM was their last one and meant to be the best. I'll let you make judgment on the quality of those who went before.

FWIW, I think their placement in the Hall of Fame has more to do with being a pioneer act than a good one.
Figured that. Apparently his dad was a well known sports commentator...I know that because he used to listen to discs of his dad commentating on rugby games.

Old 10-02-2021, 05:32 PM
Old School BBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
What? 30 minutes?

Old 10-02-2021, 09:49 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
What? 30 minutes?
Not much more.
It's different, and rather tongue in cheek.
Old 13-02-2021, 05:41 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Just starting Willie Nelson & Friends
Old 13-02-2021, 05:56 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham_eagle View Post
I went to see Willie Nelson at Hammersmith Apollo about eight years ago. We bumped into a friend of a friend (an Egyptian woman in her early twenties) who said to me (a white middle aged bloke) "I really didn't expect to see someone like you at a gig like this". I can't imagine who she thought the demographic was who went to Willie Nelson shows.
Old 13-02-2021, 05:57 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
I watched the Charley Pride one on iPlayer last night, Nelson features in that too. Pretty good, but really just a mish mash of interviews. Worth watching if you're a fan though.
Old 13-02-2021, 06:04 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Thanks. Unless it's new I've probably seen it, will check it just in case.

Really want to watch Heartworn Highways, but doesn't seem to be available on UK streaming (no idea on VPNs).
Old 13-02-2021, 07:49 PM
Mind your sandwiches

I had not, maybe they put it back on iPlayer recently. In any case, thanks for the heads-up/link.
Old 13-02-2021, 07:59 PM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
I had not, maybe they put it back on iPlayer recently. In any case, thanks for the heads-up/link.
My pleasure.

Just seen on the tv thread there's a Roy Orbison documentary on iPlayer as well. Not sure how I missed that. Another artist I grew up listening to.