Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 28-06-2022, 11:52 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
It all looked very tame and "middle-classes at play" to me.

Would have loved to have seen some classic rock bands at their peak to show what it's all about.

The Who with Moon and Entwistle would have been perfect.
This feels like it's intentionally ironic, but I'm worried it's not.
Old 28-06-2022, 11:53 AM
Lovely

brighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is herebrighton_eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxinthebox View Post
Another cracking festival

Friday night of Undertones followed by Paul Heaton and Jacqui abbot was the highlight for me
Jack White was also fantastic.

Warmduscher excellent..

Wet leg I thought were weak , the sound wasn't great in the field.theyre better than that though.

Enjoyed Sleaford mods , idles, black midi and courtney barnett.

It seemed busier than usual..but might just be in the mind after last few years.

Liverpool must have been a quiet city to be in this weekend too
Nice, I'm seeing Jack White and Warmduscher in Madrid next week, so great to hear they were both on good form.
Old 28-06-2022, 12:24 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
Long-time attendees will certainly tell you it's lost its edge
Old 28-06-2022, 01:06 PM
gumnut cottage

foxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfoxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfoxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfoxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfoxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfoxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfoxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfoxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfoxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfoxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfoxinthebox came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
I think you can say the same about a lot of things these days though.
Old 28-06-2022, 01:17 PM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by brighton_eagle View Post
This absolute throbber is a Brexit loving Tory voter with homes on two continents.

I doubt whether he even understands irony.

Cricket wanker.
Old 28-06-2022, 01:23 PM
User Registered

TonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTonbridgeEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Bicep sounded awesome.

Last edited by TonbridgeEagle; 28-06-2022 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Forgot to quote Highbury Eagle.
Old 28-06-2022, 03:47 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxinthebox View Post
I think you can say the same about a lot of things these days though.
And?
Old 28-06-2022, 05:49 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
I just watched the McCartney set - ******* hell, I thought it was amazing & that was me watching it on my own on my laptop. To see the actual writer of Got to Get You Into My Life, Getting Better, Lady Madonna, Get Back, Let It Be, Hey Jude actually play those songs? Wowser!

Those screen tributes to George Harrison on Something & that virtual duet with Lennon on I've Got a Feeling? ******* amazing. Really, really special.

I really hope I get to see him play live before either of us die. I just can't face being in a massive field with a load of people waving flags or their phones in front of my face.
Old 28-06-2022, 06:01 PM

Ov. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Really enjoyed the festival. It did seem busier than previous years but for the most part I managed to dodge the mega crowds and bottlenecks. I did attempt to see Wet Leg and Dianna Ross with others in my group that were interested but once I saw the size of the crowds I just went elsewhere. Wasn't bothered about either anyway.

I managed to catch The Libertines, Crowded House, Dry Cleaning, Four Tet (although the memory of that one is hazy at best), Gabriels, English Teacher, Olivia Rodrigo, Noel Gallagher from Little by Little onwards, Paul McCartney, Just Mustard, Warmduscher, Fontaines DC, Bootleg Beatles, Bicep, and then all sorts of DJ through the night.
Old 28-06-2022, 07:46 PM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Yeah you can't jump the fences

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 28-06-2022, 08:32 PM

GorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGorBlimey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post
This absolute throbber is a Brexit loving Tory voter with homes on two continents.

I doubt whether he even understands irony.

It's ironic that you see music in this way.
Old 29-06-2022, 10:41 AM
Send Us Victorious

Prince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is herePrince Phillip Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy64 View Post
Yeah you can't jump the fences
Bottling off an act seems to have fallen by the wayside, too.
Old 29-06-2022, 10:44 AM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by art malice View Post
Confidence Man were great
Make sure you check out this set on iPlayer. It was absolutely superb from start to finish. One of the highlights of any Glastonbury I have been to.

Aside from that, my weekend was electronic-heavy. Sasha at Glade, Haai DJ set at Stonebridge and Talabotman in San Remo on Thursday, Jon Hopkins Arcadia/Midland/Overmono Iicon Friday, Macca/Jon Hopkins San Remo Saturday, Bicep Sunday.

Was a great festival, while my group didn't have too much we were desperate to see the whole weekend, it gave us time to wander and the one thing with Glastonbury is that you will also see high quality acts of any genre in pretty much any of the 100+ venues.

Also big shout out to the Palace fan running the Greenpeace showers. Saved me hours of queuing.
Old 29-06-2022, 04:34 PM
16K Ram Pack

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
Croydon's own, the dualers closing out the Avalon stage tomorrow.
There were 8 of them on the stage - it was my final gig of the weekend but I carried on partying in the Shangri-la and the Guerrilla Bar ( ) until 6am Monday morning
Old 29-06-2022, 04:40 PM

Jimbo number 5 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJimbo number 5 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJimbo number 5 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJimbo number 5 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJimbo number 5 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJimbo number 5 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJimbo number 5 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJimbo number 5 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJimbo number 5 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJimbo number 5 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkJimbo number 5 sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 29-06-2022, 05:04 PM
16K Ram Pack

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vultur View Post
Glastonbury isnít cooler than ever. Iíve seen two Brighton flags and no Palace ones. Whatís cool about that?
Is it because the kind of twats who walk around all weekend with a fu**ing flag going 'woo look at me' are generally complete c**ts, just like most Brighton fans are?
Old 29-06-2022, 05:06 PM
16K Ram Pack

I saw lots of little bands dotted around, I didn't go to The Pyramid Stage all weekend - as expected.
Old 30-06-2022, 04:44 PM

laboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Think I've just about recovered from last week now! Had a great time and met a good number of Palace fans on the 2 days I wore my shirts. Lot more than I was expecting!!

Some highlights of the weekend:- Sam Fender, Bicep, Caribou, Billy Nomates, Sigrid, Todd Edwards @ NYC Downlow, Roisin Murphy, Jack White, Skunk Anansie, Skream doing a Dubstep/Garage set @ Stonebridge bar with Goldie off his trolley on the mic.

Definitely more people on site. Read it was between 20-30k more than 2019. Was a lot more bottle necks/closures than Ive seen before. Cash only bars/food stalls were a bit annoying too.
Old 30-06-2022, 04:54 PM
16K Ram Pack

Yeah I saw Billy Nomates in the Leftfield after she had appeared with the Sleaford Mods the previous (?) day.

I saw a few Palace shirts and gave them each an 'Eagles!' so I might have bumped into you
Old 30-06-2022, 05:33 PM

laboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietlaboxers came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wooden Fish On Wheels View Post
Yeah I saw Billy Nomates in the Leftfield after she had appeared with the Sleaford Mods the previous (?) day.

I saw a few Palace shirts and gave them each an 'Eagles!' so I might have bumped into you
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Sounds very likely then.

Think this one was taken in Leftfield.