Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 12-01-2021, 05:34 PM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sky Go Help

After cancelling my Sky I am now having to watch live sport through an in-laws Sky Go through my Xbox One.

The picture quality is poor, even though my TV is 4K, HDMI cable etc. It seems to lag/stutter every few seconds and is extremely annoying, to the point where Im actually considering getting Sky reinstated!

Has anyone experienced this? And if so is there a fix?

Having a little look on google and it does seem to be an issue when watching sport.

Cheers all.
Old 12-01-2021, 05:58 PM

LSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The obvious question is what your home network is like, is your xbox connected with a wired connection (I have a wired connection and no problem with Sky Go)
Old 12-01-2021, 06:00 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Not sure if it is still the case but sky go and now TV were 720p. That'll look shit on a big TV

The lag could be loads of things like Internet connection etc.
Old 12-01-2021, 07:54 PM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet9Freedman9 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Internet is over WiFi, but it’s a good strong signal, over 30mpbs so no speed issues.

TV is 55 inch but I wouldn’t imagine that being the cause surely?
Old 12-01-2021, 08:24 PM
Keeping the Faith

Super Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuper Mabbutt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
Not sure if it is still the case but sky go and now TV were 720p. That'll look shit on a big TV

The lag could be loads of things like Internet connection etc.
This is the correct answer

Believe in Bouncebackability.

Aki Riihilahti - probably the best asylum seeker in the world.
Old 12-01-2021, 08:30 PM
it's a city you know...

st albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is herest albans Sam the man is here
Sky through my PS4 isn't particularly great. Seems a notch down from HD. Assume they just throttle the quality slightly when playing through consoles
Old 13-01-2021, 08:39 AM
Concession/Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mabbutt View Post
This is the correct answer
Do you think if I go to my settings on the XBOX and get everything to play through 720p this would cure the issue?
Old 14-01-2021, 08:49 AM

Norwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is here
Normal things that Sky etc. say is try a Wired Ethernet connection if possible and see if that helps. Also make sure that your refresh rate is set to 50Hz.

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 14-01-2021, 05:28 PM
Concession/Adult

Refresh rate set to 50hz, only seems to happen on live Sky, wired connection doesn’t improve the issue.
Old 14-01-2021, 06:01 PM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
****before you try any of this consider you are probably limited by how many devices you can add and you might have to wait a period of time before you can change those added. Aka dont blame me if you reach your limit on devices and can't add more or use previous ones ok *****

Have you got a pc? Or laptop?

Try sky go on that ans see if it is ok. If it is and they are a similar distance from router then it suggests Internet probably OK ans it is that your TV is just too big for the 720p. In which case you might prefer a smaller screen. Failing that a tablet

Of course we can't see how bad you are talking so it's hard to help with so many variables.

If your TV is a smart TV does it have the option to download sky go directly? A native app will give you the best performance on a modern TV more often than not.

Just a few ideas worth trying. Be careful to avoid too many devices if limited
Old 14-01-2021, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Freedman9 View Post
Refresh rate set to 50hz, only seems to happen on live Sky, wired connection doesn’t improve the issue.
Shit sorry. I started my reply ans then had to do "dad stuff".. dont think thar was posted when I read this

If only live TV it suggest Internet bandwidth tbh. In my limited knowledge
Old 14-01-2021, 07:07 PM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Get iptv and **** sky off altogether
Old 14-01-2021, 07:10 PM

stumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is herestumpy feelers Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by little al View Post
Get iptv and **** sky off altogether
This