Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 18-01-2021, 11:18 PM

palacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Brave browser

What a great browser and switching from chrome feels like you are still using chrome but the brave browser is top top stuff

Anyone else using it ?
Old 19-01-2021, 11:24 AM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacelad197o View Post
What a great browser and switching from chrome feels like you are still using chrome but the brave browser is top top stuff

Anyone else using it ?
Just tried it and it fells like a combination of Edge and Chrome. It's quick but I have a fast internet speed so it didn't seem so much quicker than what Edge is as my default apart from the ad heavy sites. The impressive bit is the Ad 'stripping' and I tried it on some very advert heavy sites and it works very well, so much so that it does make you wonder how they will get away with it in the long term? I see that their goal is to replace site's adverts with their own which isn't going to please a lot of website owners! I haven't looked into the monetary side of the browser or the 'tipping' for adverts much yet though.
Old 19-01-2021, 01:07 PM

palacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalacelad197o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by LN1 View Post
Just tried it and it fells like a combination of Edge and Chrome. It's quick but I have a fast internet speed so it didn't seem so much quicker than what Edge is as my default apart from the ad heavy sites. The impressive bit is the Ad 'stripping' and I tried it on some very advert heavy sites and it works very well, so much so that it does make you wonder how they will get away with it in the long term? I see that their goal is to replace site's adverts with their own which isn't going to please a lot of website owners! I haven't looked into the monetary side of the browser or the 'tipping' for adverts much yet though.
Yes i used ad blocker before but as a test i turned this off and hey still no adverts
Old 19-01-2021, 03:13 PM

Norwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is hereNorwich_Eagle Sam the man is here
Have been using this for a few months now. Love it so much and recommended to lots of folks.

Here's Andy Johnson He's More Than Capable... Of Scoring
And He Very Nearly Did.....
And Neil Shipperley has!!!
Old 19-01-2021, 03:46 PM

teesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is hereteesdale99 Sam the man is here
Thanks for the heads up. Can I import settings from safari?
Old 19-01-2021, 03:50 PM

LN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is hereLN1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by teesdale99 View Post
Should give you an option to import favourites and bookmarks on installation. If not click the three bars top right, go down to 'Bookmarks' and the menu that opens up should show 'Import Bookmarks and settings' and see if Safari is available.
Old 19-01-2021, 03:50 PM

Double Post
Old 19-01-2021, 05:16 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Nice recommendation. Just installed it for Linux and it feels nice and slick.
Old 19-01-2021, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teesdale99 View Post
i just moved from chrome and it imported everything with one click and even kept my extensions

Def a big thumbs up from me
Old 20-01-2021, 11:59 AM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Certainly seems faster
Old 20-01-2021, 01:57 PM

immoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietimmoralgiant came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Have been using it for last year or so. It's good but don't like them embedding Brave rewards and crypto wallets in to it. They've made them easier to disable now but didn't need to be added in the first instance.
Old 20-01-2021, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Certainly seems faster
its the fastest i have used and i was a firefox advocate before moving to chrome but brave is definitely the best of them all
Old 21-01-2021, 12:09 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
I must admit I had never heard of Brave browser, but saw this link on my Google home page:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

The article may as well be written in Swahili, but thought it might mean something to you folks.
Old 21-01-2021, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
I must admit I had never heard of Brave browser, but saw this link on my Google home page:

The article may as well be written in Swahili, but thought it might mean something to you folks.
Jasiri amechukua hatua tu kuelekea kusaidia wavuti iliyogawanywa kwa kuwa kivinjari cha kwanza kutoa ujumuishaji wa asili na itifaki ya mitandao ya wenzao ambayo inakusudia kubadilisha kimsingi jinsi mtandao unavyofanya kazi. Teknolojia inaitwa IPFS (ambayo inasimama kwa Mfumo wa Faili ya InterPlanetary), itifaki ya usafirishaji isiyojulikana ambayo inaahidi kuboresha kiwango cha juu cha HTTP kwa kufanya yaliyomo haraka kufikia na kuhimili zaidi kutofaulu na kudhibiti.

Mchambuzi huyu kutoka TechCrunch hutoa muhtasari mzuri wa jinsi itifaki inavyofanya kazi. Lakini hapa kuna toleo fupi: wakati HTTP imeundwa kwa vivinjari kupata habari kwenye seva kuu, IPFS inaipata kwenye mtandao wa nodi zilizosambazwa. Makamu anaifananisha na kupakua yaliyomo kupitia BitTorrent, badala ya kutoka kwa seva kuu. Unaandika katika anwani ya wavuti kama kawaida, na mtandao unaweza kupata nodi zinazohifadhi yaliyomo unayotaka.
Old 21-01-2021, 10:32 AM
Lead Worshipper

Chillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is hereChillo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Jasiri amechukua hatua tu kuelekea kusaidia wavuti iliyogawanywa kwa kuwa kivinjari cha kwanza kutoa ujumuishaji wa asili na itifaki ya mitandao ya wenzao ambayo inakusudia kubadilisha kimsingi jinsi mtandao unavyofanya kazi. Teknolojia inaitwa IPFS (ambayo inasimama kwa Mfumo wa Faili ya InterPlanetary), itifaki ya usafirishaji isiyojulikana ambayo inaahidi kuboresha kiwango cha juu cha HTTP kwa kufanya yaliyomo haraka kufikia na kuhimili zaidi kutofaulu na kudhibiti.

Mchambuzi huyu kutoka TechCrunch hutoa muhtasari mzuri wa jinsi itifaki inavyofanya kazi. Lakini hapa kuna toleo fupi: wakati HTTP imeundwa kwa vivinjari kupata habari kwenye seva kuu, IPFS inaipata kwenye mtandao wa nodi zilizosambazwa. Makamu anaifananisha na kupakua yaliyomo kupitia BitTorrent, badala ya kutoka kwa seva kuu. Unaandika katika anwani ya wavuti kama kawaida, na mtandao unaweza kupata nodi zinazohifadhi yaliyomo unayotaka.
Is there no Swahili word for BitTorrent?!
Old 21-01-2021, 12:41 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
its the fastest i have used and i was a firefox advocate before moving to chrome but brave is definitely the best of them all
its certainly logical that it would be faster if it doesn't have to display the ads that are normally there. I suppose it depends if you lie everything pre-loaded or how much you like customising your experience.

SaulAlinsky
Old 21-01-2021, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse View Post
its certainly logical that it would be faster if it doesn't have to display the ads that are normally there. I suppose it depends if you lie everything pre-loaded or how much you like customising your experience.
I use to have ad blocker running and a few other privacy add ons which i could still have with brave but i disabled them and there is no need for them anymore as the brave browser does it all
Old 21-01-2021, 04:19 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:

I rest my case...
Old 22-01-2021, 07:16 PM

Anyone using the IPFS Companion

Old 22-01-2021, 07:44 PM

speagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowspeagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowspeagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowspeagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowspeagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowspeagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowspeagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowspeagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowspeagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowspeagle will cross the room to turn the lights down lowspeagle will cross the room to turn the lights down low
If you've got a raspberry pi laying around then pi-hole works well. To view the link you have to Register or Login