Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 09-05-2021, 08:41 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffled Bob 2 View Post
When the end of the curfew is formally announced in the UK we'll probably celebrate with a few cans in front of Netflix.
Blimey, I wasn’t even aware that we have a curfew in the UK!

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 09-05-2021, 08:44 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
She might have been a false autónoma...
What's one of them?
Old 09-05-2021, 09:01 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Blimey, I wasn’t even aware that we have a curfew in the UK!
Busted. We have a lockdown not curfew. I just wanted to make a whimsical point about the perceptions of the passionate Latins v the repressed Brits.
Old 09-05-2021, 09:37 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSEagle View Post
I don't pretend to know what the outcome would have been but I do know what the data from around the world says, and that's pretty clear that the link between restrictions and outcomes is very weak. We can all point to random countries that support opposing viewpoints but ultimately if lockdowns / masking etc works then it should be pretty easy to find conclusive evidence of this and it just isn't.
We have not had a good lock down in the UK. Those infected that have been picked up by a second class test and trace, have not been given sufficient support to isolate. Many cannot afford to isolate so continue to work and so spread the virus.

As you know, the virus spreads by human contact, it needs humans to be hosting their replication. They can only do this in several ways, all tackled and minimised by covid restrictions. Thank the stars, the Oxford Group developed that vaccine in record time, and thank the NHS for delivering it efficiently.
Old 09-05-2021, 09:44 AM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
We have not had a good lock down in the UK. Those infected that have been picked up by a second class test and trace, have not been given sufficient support to isolate. Many cannot afford to isolate so continue to work and so spread the virus.

As you know, the virus spreads by human contact, it needs humans to be hosting their replication. They can only do this in several ways, all tackled and minimised by covid restrictions. Thank the stars, the Oxford Group developed that vaccine in record time, and thank the NHS for delivering it efficiently.
Just remember it's the Government vaccination program and NHS Test and Trace
Old 09-05-2021, 09:48 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
What's one of them?
It's when you take a job but are registered as self-employed so that the company avoids you accruing employment rights.

The self employed (me, for example) face a higher bar for furloughing. So NKE's young lady may well have been working in a bar which is owned by someone else, but not registered as an employee. Or she may not have had any formal work, or been on e of the legions on the coast who only really get work in the summer.
Old 09-05-2021, 09:50 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Thanks.
Old 09-05-2021, 09:52 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:

Almost on every front , he got it wrong, and if he had been in charge of advising the government, and they had taken that advice on board, I dread to think where we would be now. 127,000 deaths is bad enough, but what would that figure have been been if the SAGE expert advice had been ditched in favour of Windsor's? Lets face it, the death figure could have been much lower anyway, if Johnson had acted on SAGE advice earlier and more consistently, as I am certain the eventual enquiry will confirm.
Yes but we could have still gone down the pub, gone fishing, played golf, played football, everyone would still have their jobs.

Yeah, WE my hero.
Old 09-05-2021, 09:54 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:

Almost on every front , he got it wrong, and if he had been in charge of advising the government, and they had taken that advice on board, I dread to think where we would be now. 127,000 deaths is bad enough, but what would that figure have been been if the SAGE expert advice had been ditched in favour of Windsor's? Lets face it, the death figure could have been much lower anyway, if Johnson had acted on SAGE advice earlier and more consistently, as I am certain the eventual enquiry will confirm.
More seriously you won't like whats coming.

If the vaccination program is as successful as it appears to be then there is an economic boom coming. Boris will again be the hero of it, up go his ratings.
Old 09-05-2021, 09:55 AM
Policy advisor to God

Quote:
I don't maybe, but New Zealand, South Korea and Australia, do.

...not forgetting Brazil, and now India, since they are getting their dose of the new variants, with poor or no covid restrictive measures in place. Oh, and I don't think Texas got a dose of either the Brazilian or Indian variant, unless you know differently.
Look behind you!!!!
Old 09-05-2021, 10:01 AM

LSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLSEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

I don't think anyone sensible disagrees that it spreads by human host / contact but I don't believe that this is the same thing as saying restrictions are effective (and it's against what I consider science to be to just accept this hypothesis without testing it).

There are lots of possible reasons that restrictions in the real world might not have the same impact as we would assume, eg lack of compliance or the fact that a certain critical mass of contact has to happen for society to function (eg supermarket workers, warehouse staff etc), or just that we still don't understand how covid spreads, eg see my post on the MIT transmission study, or that they prolong the period to reaching herd immunity and actually result in the infection of higher numbers of vulnerable people.

My point is that we shouldn't just assume restrictions work in reality because they theoretically should. For the avoidance of doubt I'm not saying that they have no effect (although I think the data suggest impact is limited) but I am saying that we should require evidence that they are effective rather than just assuming that they must be because it's logical that they would make a difference.
Old 09-05-2021, 10:12 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Personally, I wish everybody would argue the way Windsor does. He's courteous, and tries to share his knowledge on subjects where he's well informed.
Of course that doesn't mean he's always right.
Old 09-05-2021, 10:20 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Personally, I wish everybody would argue the way Windsor does. He's courteous, and tries to share his knowledge on subjects where he's well informed.
I wholly agree. I don't know why he attracts the ire he does, but it's certainly not his fault.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 09-05-2021, 10:32 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
You mean with techno babble?
Old 09-05-2021, 10:38 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

He’s shared videos where he’s explained things in layman’s terms. It’s really not easy to talk about something you understand deeply and spend your whole day with, with a lot of people who may be interested in what you have to say, or may be more committed to repeating their own prejudices over and over again.
Old 09-05-2021, 10:40 AM
Mutant Algorithm

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Anyone remember who was desperate for a 2nd Pfizer shot last week sometime? On the have you been jabbed thread apparently they have spares at a clinic in Orpington so anyone can walk in.
Old 09-05-2021, 11:25 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

The EU won’t be buying any more AZ, after the company has under delivered by 200 million vaccines. Contracts cancelled, etc.
Old 09-05-2021, 11:38 AM
Mutant Algorithm

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
The EU won’t be buying any more AZ, after the company has under delivered by 200 million vaccines. Contracts cancelled, etc.
I hope this isn't a decision that leads to a slower roll out and loss of lives in the EU. I wonder if individual countries will buy up the excess? Perhaps they can stop blocking exports to the UK and Australia now.
Old 09-05-2021, 11:45 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
I hope this isn't a decision that leads to a slower roll out and loss of lives in the EU. I wonder if individual countries will buy up the excess? Perhaps they can stop blocking exports to the UK and Australia now.
Well that's already happened - now they've got alternative sources, otherwise they wouldn't be cancelling the contract.

But clearly under delivering by 200 million vaccines has caused slower roll out and the loss of thousands of lives.
Old 09-05-2021, 11:47 AM
Freakish nipples akimbo

To date, the EU has exported as many vaccines as it's administered to its own citizens - 200 million.