Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 18-03-2008, 03:52 PM

Marki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Tried to get mine connected with work e-mail but was told...

"the only way you can set up your exchange email account is if it is configured for IMAP (which is a standard set of rules for accessing email from local server). Unfortunately our system doesn't support that so you wont be able to use the iPhone as an e-mail client (specific to our system)."

Are they being lazy and there is a way to do this, or are they ... right?
Old 18-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
They are correct although all Exchange servers can have Imap enabled very easily.
Old 18-03-2008, 08:33 PM

Marki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMarki came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
They are correct although all Exchange servers can have Imap enabled very easily.
Cheers Dave. I'll have a dig around and see what I can suss out.

If all Exchange servers can be enabled easily a PM on how this works would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Mark
Old 18-03-2008, 08:42 PM

lukethomas_01 is playing for a contract
ive got one and i love it. Took me a few days to get used to the keyboard but after then its easy and much prefer it!!!
Old 18-03-2008, 09:02 PM
On probation

jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard jookbeard
can get them unlocked now to take any sim card,(not read oither posts sorry)
Old 19-03-2008, 12:29 AM
Watching The Reserves Again

arussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minearussell : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not sure what you mean by that, that's been the case since soon after they were released. They'll run any sim card apart from one on 3.
Old 19-03-2008, 07:38 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Marki
Cheers Dave. I'll have a dig around and see what I can suss out.

If all Exchange servers can be enabled easily a PM on how this works would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Mark
It's just a configuration setting in exchange server
Old 19-03-2008, 08:22 AM
Mutant Algorithm

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by arussell
Not sure what you mean by that, that's been the case since soon after they were released. They'll run any sim card apart from one on 3.
after being unlocked or anyway?
Old 19-03-2008, 09:48 AM

After being unlocked. The uk versions are locked to O2 but this is easily remedied.

And thanks for you answer Dave. I will try again with our IT bods.
Old 21-03-2008, 09:19 PM

anoneagle is playing for a contract
Apparently the next update will include the app store icon,so we wont need an unlocked phone to be able to access the third party applications.
Old 22-03-2008, 07:29 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Bought an Apple TV from the London store today and was amazed at how many iPhones they're selling every minute. They really are just walking out the door.
Old 22-03-2008, 08:11 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Bought an Apple TV from the London store today and was amazed at how many iPhones they're selling every minute. They really are just walking out the door.
What made you get an AppleTv?
Old 22-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
What made you get an AppleTv?
I only live in a small gaff so want to rip my DVD's (I have room for a server) and stick them all in the loft. The quality is really good.

I'm also waiting for the HD rentals to come to the UK.
Old 22-03-2008, 08:24 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Quote:
I only live in a small gaff so want to rip my DVD's (I have room for a server) and stick them all in the loft. The quality is really good.

I'm also waiting for the HD rentals to come to the UK.
What format are you ripping the dvd's to?

The HD rentals will be sweet for sure.
Old 22-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Binned by Muderators

Quote:
What format are you ripping the dvd's to?

The HD rentals will be sweet for sure.
h.264 (m4v). New DVD's are a bastard (DRM) but the older stuff is a stroll in the park. Mac the Ripper to extract the VOB's and then I'm using Handbrake to encode (usually, I rip a few DVD's and queue them in Handbrake to encode overnight).
Old 22-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

It's a shame you can't play the dvds natively in iso format or similar.
Old 22-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Binned by Muderators

Quote:
It's a shame you can't play the dvds natively in iso format or similar.
It may come, you never know.

I may rip some small stuff for the iPhone when I get it.

PS - if anyone knows a better DVD extraction utility than Mac the Ripper, please let me know. MtR v3 is really flakey and no version can handle the newer DVD's with the deliberate bad sectors.
Old 27-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

So the Iphone rumour of the day is that the pro will have 3g and a second camera for 3g video calling.
Old 27-03-2008, 09:28 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Quote:
It may come, you never know.

I may rip some small stuff for the iPhone when I get it.

PS - if anyone knows a better DVD extraction utility than Mac the Ripper, please let me know. MtR v3 is really flakey and no version can handle the newer DVD's with the deliberate bad sectors.
I thought you had a mini Brett? Can the AppleTV handle streaming HD?
Old 27-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

yes