Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 27-03-2008, 10:09 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Ridcully
I thought you had a mini Brett? Can the AppleTV handle streaming HD?
I do have a G4 Mini but it cannot handle the HD content. It suffers from integrated graphics; it doesn't seem to matter if files are encoded or not, it judders away and looks shite.

I've also got a US iTunes account so I'm renting heaps of HD movies on the aTV at rock bottom prices.

It's a shame that Apple want to persist with two distinct products in the Mini and aTV with neither fully capable of being a true media hub. If they really want to insist on having two products, the aTV should at least be a convergance device. Stripped down OS X a la iPhone to run Safari together with a BD drive, the current aTV firmware and hardware. It would blow everything else out of the water.

On a different note, isn't it amazing that when you upgrade to an infinitely more powerful machine than your last, the jump doesn't seem that huge. Then, a few months later, you switch on the older girl and the chasm in spec seems even wider than you thought. It's an interesting mind trick.

Last edited by Brett; 27-03-2008 at 10:18 PM.
Old 27-03-2008, 10:30 PM

KingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not sayKingsleY knows the things you wanted that you could not say
Just got myself an iphone a couple of days ago. Fantastic bit of kit. Probably a new one out in the summer, but I couldnt wait!

Great using BBC iplayer on it!

Anyone got any favourite apps for it?
Old 27-03-2008, 11:05 PM

Ridcully has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
yes
How does it do that then? I assume the fact that my Mini (Solo) suffers due to either the GFX Card, Memory or the Centrino processor. How has the AppleTV got more mustard for these things for such a low price? I was considering this earlier on when paf threw in the Popcorn device but hadn't thought about it that much, instead I thought I'd ask the uber masters on the bbs.
Old 15-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To view the link you have to Register or Login

O2 and Carphone to cut 100 from price of the iPhone

The iPhone is set to be cut to 169 as part of a limited offer from O2.

The 100 reduction, which will apply to the 8GB device on any O2 tariff, will take place tomorrow (Wednesday) and will run until 1 June.

It follows T-Mobile's decision to reduce the price of the handset from 315 to 78 in Germany.

With price cuts and iPhone stock reportedly running low and not being replenished in the US, France and UK, speculation is mounting about the release date of the 3G version of the device.

The price reduction follows O2's decision to increase the minutes and texts included in its 35 a month tariffs to 600 minutes and 500 texts in, up from 200 minutes and 200 texts.

The 16GB iPhone will not be included in the offer, and will remain 329.
Old 15-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Ridcully
How does it do that then? I assume the fact that my Mini (Solo) suffers due to either the GFX Card, Memory or the Centrino processor. How has the AppleTV got more mustard for these things for such a low price? I was considering this earlier on when paf threw in the Popcorn device but hadn't thought about it that much, instead I thought I'd ask the uber masters on the bbs.
Does the H264 in hardware
Old 15-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Neil
To view the link you have to Register or Login

O2 and Carphone to cut 100 from price of the iPhone

The iPhone is set to be cut to 169 as part of a limited offer from O2.

The 100 reduction, which will apply to the 8GB device on any O2 tariff, will take place tomorrow (Wednesday) and will run until 1 June.

It follows T-Mobile's decision to reduce the price of the handset from 315 to 78 in Germany.

With price cuts and iPhone stock reportedly running low and not being replenished in the US, France and UK, speculation is mounting about the release date of the 3G version of the device.

The price reduction follows O2's decision to increase the minutes and texts included in its 35 a month tariffs to 600 minutes and 500 texts in, up from 200 minutes and 200 texts.

The 16GB iPhone will not be included in the offer, and will remain 329.
Amazing deal.
Old 15-04-2008, 12:57 PM
Bearded Member

Niceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Im think i'm still going to wait for a 32gig 3g version.
Old 15-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

It's going to cost...

I wouldn't pass this up
Old 15-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Bearded Member

Niceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNiceaction : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I agree that this is a real bargain, but 3g, a 5mb camera and 32gig would all be worth the extra cost to me.
Old 15-04-2008, 04:43 PM

CPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
So tempted but i just got given a 16GB touch for my brithday a few weeks back.

Although its currently with Apple being repaired as it donsent even work properly!

ho hum!
Old 15-04-2008, 10:07 PM
Binned by Muderators

Brett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is hereBrett Sam the man is here
Quote:
I wouldn't pass this up
I'm not. I was waiting for 3G but this is too good to refuse.
Old 15-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Enjoy
Old 15-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Binned by Muderators

o2 not taking online orders due to demand and I work in the only major town centre without either an o2 shop or Carphone Warehouse
Old 15-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Can't you get someone to but it for you? They don't need to sign contracts etc, just buy the phone
Old 16-04-2008, 06:07 AM

CPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineCPFC Town : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Now reduced and available on the CPW website.
Old 16-04-2008, 08:26 AM
Exploring....

Neil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNeil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Read somewhere that if you take a contract (can't remember what type, sorry) as well and use Quidco, the phone would essentially only cost 68.

It was somewhere on the hotukdeals site.
Old 16-04-2008, 08:42 AM
Binned by Muderators

I've got it! Gotta love flexi hours
Old 16-04-2008, 08:49 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Nice one, try and activate asap - loads of people will be activating phones today - could be a very long wait
Old 16-04-2008, 08:57 AM
Binned by Muderators

Quote:
Nice one, try and activate asap - loads of people will be activating phones today - could be a very long wait
Wish I could; I'm now stuck at work with my spanking new iPhone in my drawer whilst I field stupid systems enquiries.

Dave, do you use your dock much or do you just plug the USB cable straight in? I assume data transfer speeds are not affected by having an extra passthrough?
Old 16-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

I don't have a dock.

Transfer speeds are not an issue, plug it in via usb last thing at night, get todays podcasts - done!