Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 23-05-2020, 12:39 PM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You are right about 'Fly Like an Eagle'.

As part of my recent sifting through audio cassettes, I'll have a dig around through my VHS when I'm next in the loft. Not sure if I have it or not. I know the 2004 Play Off Final is still sitting there having never been watched!!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/That-Progra...amme%3F&sr=8-1
Old 24-05-2020, 10:09 AM

sony is AJ vs the 'weedsony is AJ vs the 'weedsony is AJ vs the 'weedsony is AJ vs the 'weedsony is AJ vs the 'weedsony is AJ vs the 'weedsony is AJ vs the 'weedsony is AJ vs the 'weedsony is AJ vs the 'weedsony is AJ vs the 'weedsony is AJ vs the 'weed
Wanted: Seat from main stand £££

After a seat from the main stand when they were sold off a few years back. If anyone is selling one or can post a link, it would be appreciated.
Old 24-05-2020, 10:35 AM
@joysoftechnoloG

mikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmikethetie2010 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I might have seen one on gumtree yestetday .but i didnt notice how old the post was
Old 24-05-2020, 10:41 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
I did try to start a thread for just such as this .... but, you know others know better!
Good luck!
Old 24-05-2020, 03:53 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
I did try to start a thread for just such as this .... but, you know others know better!
That's because there is already a longstanding Memorabilia Wanted thread:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

With regard to the Main Stand wooden seat, there was one for sale on Facebook Marketplace about a week ago, it was in bits, but I can't see it now.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 24-05-2020, 03:57 PM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle View Post
That's because there is already a longstanding Memorabilia Wanted thread:

With regard to the Main Stand wooden seat, there was one for sale on Facebook Marketplace about a week ago, it was in bits, but I can't see it now.
Clever clogs..
Old 27-05-2020, 12:19 PM

Eastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is here
Don't know if anyone is interested but i have just Ebayed a couple of programmes, including a rare FA Cup 1st round 1953 away programme v Great Yarmouth and an away reserve programme v Norwich from 1999
Old 22-06-2020, 10:33 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
After programmes from our final three home games of the 90/91 season.

April 17th Tottenham
April 20th Everton
May 11th Man Utd

If anyone is willing to part company then happy to send a SAE with cash wanted for them to save you any hassle.

Just looking for some information from them really. Got it in my head to make a short You Tube documentary about us not qualifying for Europe that season due to being shafted by Liverpool and the FA. Just notice over the years that it seems to have been airbrushed from history, and just to make myself feel better, want to put the facts and injustice out there in one shape or form even if nobody else cares anymore or takes a blind bit of notice.

So slowly compiling bits of info I’ve found online and in newspaper archives from the time. Main thing I’ve learnt is that Liverpool’s chairman at the time, the FA chairman and UEFA president were good friends and associates, so doesn’t take Inspector Morse to work out how we ended up getting pushed aside for Liverpool so late in the day.

Supporting Katerina https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-..._co_campmgmt_m
Old 23-06-2020, 11:48 AM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
After programmes from our final three home games of the 90/91 season.

April 17th Tottenham
April 20th Everton
May 11th Man Utd

If anyone is willing to part company then happy to send a SAE with cash wanted for them to save you any hassle.

Just looking for some information from them really. Got it in my head to make a short You Tube documentary about us not qualifying for Europe that season due to being shafted by Liverpool and the FA. Just notice over the years that it seems to have been airbrushed from history, and just to make myself feel better, want to put the facts and injustice out there in one shape or form even if nobody else cares anymore or takes a blind bit of notice.

So slowly compiling bits of info I’ve found online and in newspaper archives from the time. Main thing I’ve learnt is that Liverpool’s chairman at the time, the FA chairman and UEFA president were good friends and associates, so doesn’t take Inspector Morse to work out how we ended up getting pushed aside for Liverpool so late in the day.
Bubbs

Are you still looking for these? I can let you have Spurs and Man U, but Everton has gone missing (maybe quite appropriate). I'm still confined to barracks atm, but I'm sure my sister can find a postbox when she brings my shopping . Please get in touch if would still like them - no payment wanted.
Old 23-06-2020, 12:53 PM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davech View Post
Bubbs

Are you still looking for these? I can let you have Spurs and Man U, but Everton has gone missing (maybe quite appropriate). I'm still confined to barracks atm, but I'm sure my sister can find a postbox when she brings my shopping . Please get in touch if would still like them - no payment wanted.
That’s really kind of you Dave. I’m in a bidding war on eBay for the whole seasons programmes at the moment. It ends tomorrow, so if I lose out I’ll get back in touch and take you up on your kind offer. Many thanks.

Old 23-06-2020, 12:57 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
That’s really kind of you Dave. I’m in a bidding war on eBay for the whole seasons programmes at the moment. It ends tomorrow, so if I lose out I’ll get back in touch and take you up on your kind offer. Many thanks.
Old 23-06-2020, 01:07 PM
Yearning for Buckeye Road

Mad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
[/B]

Just looking for some information from them really. Got it in my head to make a short You Tube documentary about us not qualifying for Europe that season due to being shafted by Liverpool and the FA. Just notice over the years that it seems to have been airbrushed from history, and just to make myself feel better, want to put the facts and injustice out there in one shape or form even if nobody else cares anymore.
I bloody care big time,I`ve seen most things with Palace but the one thing missing is a MEANINGFUL european tie.I don`t know Athletico Madrid or Lazio etc,just to be able to put that one thing in my locker before I retire and to be cheated like that still makes me boil.
Old 25-06-2020, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Bubbs

Just to let you know, I won the eBay auction. £6 for what looks like the whole season’s programmes is not bad. Thanks so much for the offer though.

The 90/91 season was the first season I decided to stop buying programmes for some reason. Up until then I avidly got each one and even collected loads from well before my time. To my wife’s complete and utter annoyance, the massive box full of Palace and other teams progs have followed us through the years.

Old 25-06-2020, 09:05 AM
Old and jaded

Quote:
Just to let you know, I won the eBay auction. £6 for what looks like the whole season’s programmes is not bad. Thanks so much for the offer though.

The 90/91 season was the first season I decided to stop buying programmes for some reason. Up until then I avidly got each one and even collected loads from well before my time. To my wife’s complete and utter annoyance, the massive box full of Palace and other teams progs have followed us through the years.
Well done! That's cracking value. My collection is far from complete, but still makes good nostalgic reading.

I have a few wartime ones from Chelsea games (courtesy of my late father). One from 30/12/1944 has the whole reverse page given over to a report on shenanigans regarding comments or something we made about the FA, for which we didn't supply the withdrawals and apologies they were demanding. Sine die suspensions were handed out to a number of people, and some were found not guilty. I have no idea what that was all about. I will attempt to scan it and post it on here at the weekend (my ancient printer doesn't scan, but my sister's does).

No doubt some club historians on here can fill in some details.
Old 26-06-2020, 08:07 AM

ian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietian king came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I have a few wartime ones from Chelsea games (courtesy of my late father). One from 30/12/1944 has the whole reverse page given over to a report on shenanigans regarding comments or something we made about the FA, for which we didn't supply the withdrawals and apologies they were demanding. Sine die suspensions were handed out to a number of people, and some were found not guilty. I have no idea what that was all about. I will attempt to scan it and post it on here at the weekend (my ancient printer doesn't scan, but my sister's does).

No doubt some club historians on here can fill in some details.
In the programme sheet for the home game against Luton Town on 30th September 1944 Chairman Percy Harper expressed his views on Greyhound Racing (a possibility at Selhurst Park), Football Pools, Entertainment Tax and Third Division Representation.

Rather forthright the section that probably got him into trouble was (under Entertainment Tax) " It has been suggested that the Football League and Association are substantially a body of men whose ages range up to 87 and do not have the energy to fight the issue" In Mr. Harper's view the Pools companies and the Chancellor of the Exchequer were capitalising "out of the blood, sweat and toil of the Football Clubs and players"

The Chelsea programme mentioned contains a full report of the various bans on Harper.
Old 26-06-2020, 10:13 AM
Old and jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian king View Post
In the programme sheet for the home game against Luton Town on 30th September 1944 Chairman Percy Harper expressed his views on Greyhound Racing (a possibility at Selhurst Park), Football Pools, Entertainment Tax and Third Division Representation.

Rather forthright the section that probably got him into trouble was (under Entertainment Tax) " It has been suggested that the Football League and Association are substantially a body of men whose ages range up to 87 and do not have the energy to fight the issue" In Mr. Harper's view the Pools companies and the Chancellor of the Exchequer were capitalising "out of the blood, sweat and toil of the Football Clubs and players"

The Chelsea programme mentioned contains a full report of the various bans on Harper.
Cheers Ian . I wasn't aware of the background. I will scan the programme (single page, double-sided) at the weekend.
Old 29-06-2020, 12:58 PM
Old and jaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian king View Post

Scan of the programme. Hope it worked.

Old 14-11-2020, 04:50 PM
Balding Eagle

Palace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have about 3-4 boxes of programmes dating back through the years from when I started following Palace (1976) and even some going back to the 60s. They are sat in my loft gathering dust. If anyone would like them they are more than welcome to them but post lockdown 2 would have to arrange either picking them up or getting them shipped. It's a job lot. If no-one is interested I shall put them in the recycling bank. I can't go through them trying to spot individual progs but there are bound to be a few nuggets in there I am sure - I have pretty much every home prog from the 79 promotion season for example... I live in South Hampshire. Please pm me if you are interested. I need the space early next year. Cheers!! PD
Old 14-11-2020, 04:52 PM
Balding Eagle

Palace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sorry mods - like a donut I didn't read the first post
Old 14-11-2020, 05:32 PM
Yearning for Buckeye Road

Mad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMad Max came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Palace Dan,you should dig out the 1979 home V Burnley,always fetches a few quid on fleabay.Actually if you have all 21 home games from that season you should try a job lot.