Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 07-12-2020, 12:05 PM
Mutant Algorithm

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Best albums of 2020?

For me, probably:

1) Everything Everything - Reanimator
2) Doves - The Universal
3) Matt Berninger - Serpentine Prison
4) Seagirls - Open up your Head
5) Fontaines DC - A Hero's Death
6) July Talk - Pray for it

Those are the new ones I've listened to the most anyway
Old 07-12-2020, 12:07 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Dermot Kennedy Without Fear
Old 07-12-2020, 12:43 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Asian Dub Foundation - Access denied

SaulAlinsky
Old 07-12-2020, 01:37 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Compiling mine now and preparing for the “I’ve never heard of any of them” responses it will no doubt bring.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 07-12-2020, 01:54 PM
From the sunny Side

sunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsunshine lucas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am Moron - The Lovely Eggs
Old 07-12-2020, 03:24 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
Compiling mine now and preparing for the “I’ve never heard of any of them” responses it will no doubt bring.
The only (non-compilation) 2020 albums I have bought are:

Byron the Aquarius - Ambrosia
Celebrity BBQ Sauce Band - Celebrity BBQ Sauce
Revolutionary Army of the Infant Jesus - Songs of Yearning/Nocturnes

so I might be competing with you in the "what the f~ck is wrong with The Oasises" stakes.
Old 07-12-2020, 05:17 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
I don’t know if there’s been many great albums, but a lot I’ve enjoyed.

Sault - think they’ve had 3 this year. sounds like everything and nothing you’ve heard before. A mix of hip hop, soul, disco, RnB.
Caribou - less dance orientated than previous albums but still brilliant.
Taylor Swift -Folklore
Kelly Lee Owens - inner song - minimalistic electro/techno pop.
Jessie Ware - what’s your pleasure - unashamed disco pop. Much better than her last album.
Phoebe Bridgers - I seem to be in the minority who thought her first album was better, but still, very, very good.
Bright Eyes - better than I thought they could release.
Hayley Williams - a few people raved about it to me, but the solo album from the singer of paramore held little appeal. I was wrong. It is brilliant.
Tennis - dreamy indie pop. It’s a good album but has some really great tracks on it.

Plenty more I need to add but those are the ones I’ve had on recently or keep coming back to.
Old 07-12-2020, 05:19 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Forgot

Charlie XCX
The Strokes
Matt Berninger
The Weeknd
Waxahatchee
Old 07-12-2020, 05:34 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Can't be arsed to look it up but I thought Sault had two albums this year and two in 2019.

Also, Charlie XCX is a twit.
Old 07-12-2020, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by west country boy View Post
Can't be arsed to look it up but I thought Sault had two albums this year and two in 2019.

Also, Charlie XCX is a twit.
I think you’re right on Sault.

She may be a twit but she does very good pop music.

I also forgot the Streets album, which I also thought was much, much better than it really had any right to be.
Old 07-12-2020, 05:57 PM
Cruddy Clique

PALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is herePALACEWU Sam the man is here
Another vote for Sault.
Old 07-12-2020, 06:09 PM
Mutant Algorithm

Shoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is hereShoreditch CPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
I also forgot the Streets album, which I also thought was much, much better than it really had any right to be.
I thought it was awful. I will try it again now though.
Old 07-12-2020, 06:51 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit - Reunions
Brian Fallon - Local Honey
Chris Stapleton - Starting Over
Margo Price - That's How Rumours Get Started
Bruce Springsteen - Letter to You
Paul Weller - On Sunset
Old 07-12-2020, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
I thought it was awful. I will try it again now though.
I think it’s very marmite.
Old 09-12-2020, 05:20 AM

Ov. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Way out of touch with music this year. I'm sure I've listened to a few new albums but off the top of my head I can't name any. I've been listening to a fair amount of Do Nothing and Pregoblin this year but neither have released albums.

I've just chucked on Sault off the back of this thread which I'm enjoying. Will give Tennis a go later, dream pop is my kind of thing.

Edit: Must remember to listen to the new Sigur Ros album

Last edited by Ov.; 09-12-2020 at 05:24 AM.
Old 09-12-2020, 12:27 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
1. Freddie Gibbs & The Alchemist - Alfredo
2. Roc Marciano - Mt. Marci
3. King Krule - Man Alive!
4. Blu & Exile - Miles
5. Moodymann - Taken Away
6. Aquiles Navarro & Tcheser Holmes - Heritage of the Invisible II
7. The Heliocentrics - Infinity Of Now/Telemetric Sounds
8. Sparkle Division - To Feel Embraced
9. Actress - Karma & Desire
10. Action Bronson - Only For Dolphins
11. SAULT - Untitled (Black Is)/UNTITLED (Rise)
12. Run the Jewels - RTJ4
13. Ambrose Akinmusire - on the tender spot of every calloused moment
14. Jahari Massamba Unit - Pardon My French
15. Makaya McCraven - Universal Beings E&F Sides
16. Ka - Descendants of Cain
17. Oneohtrix Point Never - Magic Oneohtrix Point Never
18. Tom Misch & Yussef Dayes - What Kinda Music
19. Kamaal Williams - Wu Hen
20. Boldy James - The Price Of Tea In China/The Versace Tapes
21. Thundercat - It Is What It Is
22. Theo Parrish - Wuddaji
23. R.A.P. Ferreira - purple moonlight pages
24. Beatrice Dillon - Workaround
25. Your Old Droog - Dump YOD: Krutoy Edition
26. MIKE - Weight of the World
27. The Koreatown Oddity - Little Dominiques Nosebleed
28. Jesse Lanza - All The Time
29. Jeff Parker - Suite for Max Brown
30. Idles - Ultra Mono
31. 070 Shake - Modus Vivendi
32. Westside Gunn - Pray For Paris/ Flygod Is An Awesome God 2
33. Yves Tumor - Heaven to a Tortured Mind
34. Mac Miller - Circles
35. Rahiem Supreme - The Pretty Prada Papi
36. bastien keb - The Killing of Eugene Peeps
37. Oscar Jerome - Breathe Deep
38. Kassa Overall - I Think I'm Good
39. Old Man Gloom - Seminar IX: Darkness of Being/Seminar VIII: Light of Meaning
40. Jeremy Cunningham - The Weather Up There

There are probably loads i've missed or not listened to enough. But these ones are the ones that stood out most.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 09-12-2020, 04:40 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Trivium - What the Dead Men say

Absolutely fantastic, another great effort from one of the top tier modern metal bands.
Old 09-12-2020, 04:55 PM

ollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietollie_porter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My list at the moment (I can only see the Avalanches changing this):

1. War on Drugs - Live Drugs
2. Car Seat Headrest - Making a Door Less Open
3. Tame Impala - The Slow Rush
4. Soccer Mommy - Color Theory
5. Bruce Springsteen - Letters To You
6. Fleet Foxes - Shore
7. Haim - Girls in Music part 3
8. Franc Moody - Franc Moody
9. Glass Animals - Dreamland
10. Killers - Imploding the Mirage
11. Gorillaz - Song Machine
12. Yves Tumor - Heaven to a Tortured Mind
13. Laura Marling - Song for our Daughter
Old 09-12-2020, 05:01 PM
jft39

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
I'm pissed off that the Moodymann album hasn't been released in any physical format.

You should deffo check out the Celebrity BBQ Sauce Band LP.
Old 09-12-2020, 05:02 PM

Olympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is hereOlympian2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie_porter View Post
My list at the moment (I can only see the Avalanches changing this):

1. War on Drugs - Live Drugs
2. Car Seat Headrest - Making a Door Less Open
3. Tame Impala - The Slow Rush
4. Soccer Mommy - Color Theory
5. Bruce Springsteen - Letters To You
6. Fleet Foxes - Shore
7. Haim - Girls in Music part 3
8. Franc Moody - Franc Moody
9. Glass Animals - Dreamland
10. Killers - Imploding the Mirage
11. Gorillaz - Song Machine
12. Yves Tumor - Heaven to a Tortured Mind
13. Laura Marling - Song for our Daughter
Whoa! Cheers, I did not know about this. Saw them on tour a couple of years back - great live band