Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 29-08-2020, 09:51 AM
20 years for 4482 posts

ee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietee-ay-ee-ay-ee-ay-o came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Butter View Post
Read this preview about the Women's side of the Community Shield (because of the new American players) and saw who the Man City manager is:

"Hmm, why is that name familiar?" Time to hit Wikipedia.

Two goals in 23 appearances? That's prolific these days.
Re Gareth Taylor...just done exactly the same ...good old Wiki
It was him then...well, well.
So much was expected of him...everyone willing him to score...just didn't happen for him.
Old 05-03-2021, 07:17 PM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is here
Yaya Sonogo playing for Huddersfield tonight.
I do hope JP Mateta doesn't go downhill like him.
Old 05-03-2021, 07:55 PM

Robin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobbo View Post
You have to be up the hill before you can go down it.
Old 05-03-2021, 08:26 PM
Tunbridge Wells Massive

Dobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is hereDobbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
And puts a penalty wide of the left hand post in the 72nd minute with the score 0-0. Oh dear
Old 05-03-2021, 09:47 PM

chateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is herechateauferret Sam the man is here
Quote:
And puts a penalty wide of the left hand post in the 72nd minute with the score 0-0. Oh dear
What Einstein had the bright idea of letting him take it?
Old 06-03-2021, 12:36 AM
Veteran

JJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
Just watched this back, curious as to how bad it was. I was at the game (was 0-1 when I arrived) and I remember Palace fans getting pretty angry with him but couldn't recall what he did that was so bad.

He actually saved a penalty....OK, he parried a penalty and then they scored the rebound, but still.

The first he didn't attempt to save but looked unsighted. Last one was a mess. 4th goal was a stunner - no one was saving that.

Funnily enough, if there was a game he was on the take it was Sunderland away.

Gifted them the first goal with a schoolboy error worse than anything he did v QPR.
I suspect his awful performance at QPR was a flounce rather than because he was on the take, only on the basis that if you were on the take presumably you would try not to be too obvious about it, whereas at QPR he was just downright crap.

The only performance I've seen that was as bad was that game at Selhurst when Ruddock got himself what appeared to be deliberately sent off by fouling Marcus Bent. I remember being equally as pissed off at the fact that some idiots around me in the lower Holmesdale applauded him off.
Old 06-03-2021, 12:55 AM

cappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is herecappuccinoeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Played upfront with Frazier Campbell
Old 06-03-2021, 09:18 AM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ View Post
The only performance I've seen that was as bad was that game at Selhurst when Ruddock got himself what appeared to be deliberately sent off by fouling Marcus Bent. I remember being equally as pissed off at the fact that some idiots around me in the lower Holmesdale applauded him off.
You were right to feel that way. Ruddock was a lout that day and a brain dead element of our support thought it was great.

Was a crappy game and my one main memory is Bent showing his lip to the Lower Tier to show he was bleeding after Palace fans were booing him.

Not Selhurst's finest hour

https://www.amazon.co.uk/That-Progra...amme%3F&sr=8-1
Old 06-03-2021, 09:26 AM
Senior member & moaner

Location: Militant Wing of the Dougie Freedman Appreciation Society
Mark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMark Gardiner came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
You were right to feel that way. Ruddock was a lout that day and a brain dead element of our support thought it was great.

Was a crappy game and my one main memory is Bent showing his lip to the Lower Tier to show he was bleeding after Palace fans were booing him.

Not Selhurst's finest hour
Ruddock's sending off at Crewe was even worse. Sent off for dissent over an offside decision not given, but ref had already awarded Palace a goal kick.

I make Cassandra look like an optimist.
Old 18-03-2021, 09:49 PM

exiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is hereexiledeagle Sam the man is here
Steve Galloway most will not remember , think i only saw him once , a big lad . Also Mike Elwiss , injury affected his time with us .
Old 18-03-2021, 10:02 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by exiledeagle View Post
Steve Galloway most will not remember , think i only saw him once , a big lad
Sutton Utd legend.

Keep getting him mixed up in the recesses of my mind with Dennis Bailey (scored a famous goal for QPR at Old Trafford after he left us). Think DB also assisted John Salako in finding Our Lord
Old 18-03-2021, 11:14 PM
I've broken bad

bgh2172 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbgh2172 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbgh2172 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbgh2172 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbgh2172 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbgh2172 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbgh2172 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbgh2172 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbgh2172 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbgh2172 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbgh2172 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Jonathan Parr classic sliding photoshop thread came to mind last night! Need more like this for a laugh.
Old 18-03-2021, 11:23 PM
Benevolence personified

Vince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is hereVince Hilaire's Afro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgh2172 View Post
The Jonathan Parr classic sliding photoshop thread came to mind last night! Need more like this for a laugh.
+ A Palace Moment in Paint