Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 03-02-2013, 07:34 PM

Gollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGollum came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Osgood
No good

(as he scored 4 goals in a 1-5 defeat)...
Old 03-02-2013, 07:47 PM
Certified Grumpy

T.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietT.C. came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Come on without
Come on within
You aint seen nothing like the mighty MELVIN

Does the copper wanna wee wee
'Cause we wanna wee wee too
IN HIS HELMET
Old 03-02-2013, 07:49 PM

GloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGloverUK : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeagle

I hear the sound of distant of drums,
over there, over there.
And do they smell?
Like ******* hell!
Classic from the 60's early 70's
Old 03-02-2013, 07:53 PM

mpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmpfn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by liberal clubber
i thought it was a cat
mind you im deaf as a post

You might be right,
I'm a bit mutton as well !
Old 03-02-2013, 08:07 PM
Former Chairman

Uncle Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineUncle Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Wise men say
Only fools run away......
Old 03-02-2013, 08:18 PM
Banned by Moderators

Steve RJS Steve RJS Steve RJS Steve RJS Steve RJS Steve RJS Steve RJS Steve RJS Steve RJS Steve RJS Steve RJS
'Bring on the dustbin'
Old 03-02-2013, 08:46 PM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorking .Eagle
Son of Aylott, Son of Aylott! (although I do my best to revive this a few times a season when an opponent has a particularly dire shot!)

one of the best
Old 03-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Since '67

ozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To a team about to be relegated

Goodbye Brighton goodbye
Goodbye Brighton dont cry
We'll see you again we dont know when
Goodbye Brighton goodbye...

We come from Croydon town
So get your knickers down
We are the boys oh yes we are the boys
We fight and never lose, we fight and never lose
We are the boys oh yes we are the boys.

Who's that team they call the Palace
Who's that team we all adore
We're the boys in red and blue
who the F...ing hell are you
and we're out to show the world we can score.

We are the boys from Crystal Palace
We are the Holmesdale Selhurst Park
Dont go out tonight, there's bound to be a fight
Crystal Palace are in town.

We'll see you all outside
We'lll see you all outside
WE'll See You All Outside.

I reckon we had a bit of a rivarly thing going with Ipswich pre Brighton... because at the time it was one of the few places and possibly only place we could actually intimidate.... Pre Malcom Allison and the Renaissance etc.

So two specific Ipswich songs were.... Pretty simple ones really Fertilizer, Fertilizer, Fertilizer Fertizlier... and everyone would squat..... Plus the Archers Theme, which was actually quite funny.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:51 PM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by viking's no1
Give Me a P.........
Give me an A............
Give me an L............
Give me an A............
Give me an C............
Give me an E............
Who's gonna win today (or somesuch)

It was rather shorter if no one joined in.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:53 PM
Since '67

ozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietozzieEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeagle
You had to be there but....

Five foot two, eyes of blue, Alan Whittle's after you.
And proper cringe...
Bobby Bell..Ding a ling a ling..

Come see the lights are flashing,
we're going ........ bashing

You're going home in a f...... ambulance.

My pizza's just arrived. I will be back.

False alarm

Bertie Mee said to Bill Shankly
Have you heard of the North Bank, Highbury?
Shank said no, I dont think so,
but I've heard of the Palace aggro.

I hear the sound of distant of drums,
over there, over there.
And do they smell?
Like ******* hell!
A couple we made up in the Gumburd days

We are ace we are cool we are Palace and we rule lalala lalala la la

We are hard we are tough, we are super f...ing rough.... Lalalala lala la la

Stoopid things you do when your circa 17.... LOL.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:55 PM
Keep St George

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve RJS
'We'll be running round Wembley with our willies hanging out...singing I've got a bigger one than you'
we'll be running round the tottenham....singing i've got a foreskin how about you...
Old 03-02-2013, 09:14 PM

nicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
the politically incorrect.:
Brown boy on the wing lalalalala
( Vince hillaire)
Old 03-02-2013, 09:24 PM

HeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Referee, referee, your old lady in a whore, your old lady is a whore (sorry if already mentioned)
Old 03-02-2013, 09:27 PM

HeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHeathfieldEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve RJS
'You're gonna get your f u cking heads kicked in'
Yep, and it's laud and clear on the centenary DVD when we scored against Chelsea in FA Cup 76. I remember they meant it too that day.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:28 PM
chubby browns joke writer

strolling bones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrolling bones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrolling bones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrolling bones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrolling bones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrolling bones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrolling bones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrolling bones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrolling bones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrolling bones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrolling bones came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To the tune of messing about on the river

WEEEEVVE been up to wolves, and arsenals north bank

wev'e been up to derby they aint worth a wank

So take my advice there's nothing as nice
As kicking the shit out of Brighton .

Impervious to fvck bullets
Old 03-02-2013, 09:29 PM
Banned by Moderators

Steve RJS Steve RJS Steve RJS Steve RJS Steve RJS Steve RJS Steve RJS Steve RJS Steve RJS Steve RJS Steve RJS
'Whitehorse Whitehorse do your job'

'Kill kill, kill the Bill'

'What shall we do with the Brighton bastards ? Stab,stab,stab the bastards'
Old 03-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Dougie 21/03/2007

milky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
[QUOTE=viking's no1]Give Me a P.........
Give me an A............
Give me an L............
Give me an A............
Give me an C............
Give me an E............
Who's gonna win today (or somesuch)

It was rather shorter if no one joined in.[/QUOTE

I got this going at Burnley
Old 03-02-2013, 09:34 PM
Always late for kick-off

3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet3 Beers at HT came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by James

I don't know why, but on the way back from a recent Palace game I remembered a terrace song that used to be sung all the time - but you never hear any more (for those who don't remember it, the tune was "Oh My Darling, Clementine"):

Whose your father,
Whose your father,
Whose your father Curbishley,
You ain't got one,
You've never had one,
You're a bastard, Curbishley.
EFA

Still sung with much hilarity by the OPH.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:34 PM
Dougie 21/03/2007

milky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmilky87 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The palace came in 3 by 3 hoorah hoorah
The palace came in 3 by 3 hoorah hoorah
The palace came in 3 by and took the north bank highbury
La la la la la la la la la la

The arsenal came in 1 by 1 hoorah hoorah
The arsenal came in 1 by 1 hoorah hoorah
The arsenal came in 1 by 1 and 1 by 1 they all got done
La la la la la la la la la la
Old 03-02-2013, 09:38 PM
Baller!!!

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Not really a chant but how comes no one anywhere ever does the Your shit... Aaaaaah! when keepers take goal kicks anymore?

Always remember it when I was younger... Didn't actually know what people were saying back then though.