Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 04-02-2013, 08:05 AM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner.......
Old 04-02-2013, 08:13 AM
Veteran

JJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is hereJJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve RJS
'You're gonna get your f u cking heads kicked in'
To the same tune, during the ambulance strike in the 80s:
"You're going home in an army ambulance."

To the small handful of Barnsley (I think it was) fans one wet Tuesday evening:
"Did you come,
Did you come,
Did you come by motorbike?"

To the tune of "Amore":
"When the ball hits your eye
And you're sitting in row Y
That's Zamora."

Last edited by JJ; 04-02-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:14 AM
Honk

Gosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wolves are in the first division. Everybody knows they won't go up.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:15 AM

GoodFriday69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoodFriday69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoodFriday69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoodFriday69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoodFriday69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoodFriday69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoodFriday69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoodFriday69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoodFriday69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoodFriday69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGoodFriday69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He's there, he's there, he's there behind his hair,
Roger Hoy .... Roger Hoy ....

or the variation:

He's here, he's there, he's every fookin where etc etc.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:16 AM

CPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by old git
I found an old stocking,
And filled it with lead,
I hit an old lady,
right over the head.

Along came a copper,
and asked me my name,
I gave him the answer,
With a bicycle chain.

The Judge said sit down boy,
and dry up your tears,
you're going to borstal,
for 2 or 3 years,

I counted the moon beams,
I counted the stars,
I counted ten thousand,
through those prison bars.

If I was the warden,
and the warden was me,
I'd wake up one morning and set myself free.

But I'm not the warden
and the warden aint me,
so I'll have to stay here till my liberty.

learn those words.

The original started with ' I nicked an old handbag ' ..made up on a football special to Sheffield Wednesday many moons ago, Good days
Old 04-02-2013, 08:25 AM

CPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC Since 68 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Knees up mother Brown
Old 04-02-2013, 09:01 AM
77/78 Admiral Away Torso

Del Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is hereDel Fenner Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle
Not really a chant but how comes no one anywhere ever does the Your shit... Aaaaaah! when keepers take goal kicks anymore?

Always remember it when I was younger... Didn't actually know what people were saying back then though.
Either you're kidding, or you weren't at the Charlton game. The Clowns were giving it some wellie.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:28 AM
Time For Heroes

CPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is hereCPFC_DAVE77 Sam the man is here
When the ball's in the sky,
Who'll be flapping up high, it's Speroni.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:39 AM

cantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is herecantspell Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodFriday69
He's there, he's there, he's there behind his hair,
Roger Hoy .... Roger Hoy ....

or the variation:

He's here, he's there, he's every fookin where etc etc.
Loved it for Vince Hilaire
Old 04-02-2013, 11:47 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathfieldEagle
Carrot 'ead, carrot 'ead, carrot 'ead
The one and only Gary Waddock I recall
Old 04-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Banned by Moderators

Steve RJS Steve RJS Steve RJS Steve RJS Steve RJS Steve RJS Steve RJS Steve RJS Steve RJS Steve RJS Steve RJS
'When Jim goes up to lift the FA Cup, we'll be dead,we'll be dead'
Old 04-02-2013, 05:36 PM

leicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is hereleicester1 Sam the man is here
I'll bet just as we do.....some Palace sing the old songs on the way to and from away games.....i started following us away in 77 and even i don't know some of the songs our elder statesmen sing on journeys.....theres a classic song about Derek Dougan ....bit before my time........i wonder if most teams had a version of ''Tired and Weary'',another classic.......
Old 05-02-2013, 12:50 AM
Fay Wray

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
The last time I heard a genuine and spontaneous break of "you're gonna get your f*kin heads kicked in" sung with true venom, hatred and malice was when we were last 'away' at Selhurst Park to Wimbledon in the Arthur Wait up by the Holmesdale end.
Old 05-02-2013, 01:14 AM

cartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono14
Last heard away to Man City to SWP 04/05 season
Or if you were stood near me.....to BWP at the Valley this season!!
Old 05-02-2013, 01:18 AM

cartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecartwheel : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Who's up Peter Ward, who's up Peter Ward....
Alan....Alan Mullery, Alan...Alan Mullery
Old 05-02-2013, 01:20 AM

Build a bonfire
Build a bonfire
Put Brighton at the top
Put Millwall in the middle and burn the ******* lot
Old 05-02-2013, 01:28 AM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
South London lah, lah, lah,
South London lah, lah, lah!

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 05-02-2013, 01:30 AM
Fay Wray

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
But bless the Clowns with their.... "woooooo you're shit" - straight out of the mid-80's

Some chants deserve a kind of ironic tongue-in-cheek re-run in the stands or in the pub afterwards on a few pints... but that one is just shit
Old 05-02-2013, 01:36 AM
Attending since 1972

R&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He forges dollars and he hates George Best
Rachid, Rachid,
Rachid Harkouk
Old 05-02-2013, 01:40 AM
Honk

Gosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGosling came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by R&B Glazier
Rachid, Rachid,
Rachid Harkouk
Away Day Eagle likes that one a lot