Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 12-11-2020, 08:28 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Played football with Billy a few times. Really nice guy.
Old 23-11-2020, 10:52 AM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
GAK have really embraced the spirit of Black Friday, by slashing a whopping £10 off this.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot 2020-11-23 at 11.48.59.png (118.7 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by Pidster; 23-11-2020 at 10:58 AM.
Old 24-11-2020, 07:13 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidster View Post
GAK have really embraced the spirit of Black Friday, by slashing a whopping £10 off this.

Lol
Old 26-11-2020, 02:17 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Multi-effects unit has died. Any recommendations? Just for home use, user friendly, cheapish. Mains power.
Old 02-12-2020, 05:35 PM
Lifeís too short for shit

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quite an emotional moment today.

My mum rang me. ‘We’ve been clearing out the loft and we’ve found a guitar which must be yours’

An hour later I was reunited with my very first guitar I was given for Xmas 38 years ago. I thought it had been stolen from my garage years and years ago. A hollow body Westone Rainbow. Needs some love and attention but brought back so many memories.
Old 04-12-2020, 06:10 AM
Policy advisor to God

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
Multi-effects unit has died. Any recommendations? Just for home use, user friendly, cheapish. Mains power.
What did you get?
Old 04-12-2020, 10:15 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
What did you get?
I haven't yet. You useless bastards haven't come up with any suggestions. Leaning towards a Vox.
Old 04-12-2020, 02:37 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Worksop, I meant to post this a couple of weeks back when you first got the guitar and forgot.

If you have a bit more money available, this guitar pedal is an absolute treat: To view the link you have to Register or Login

You can string together a few chords and it will create a drum rhythm and bass line for you to then play along with.

It's a really clever tool and certainly made me a better player, and more fun when messing around with my own riffs etc, because it felt like they actually became something.
Old 04-12-2020, 03:26 PM

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Worksop, I meant to post this a couple of weeks back when you first got the guitar and forgot.

If you have a bit more money available, this guitar pedal is an absolute treat: To view the link you have to Register or Login in

You can string together a few chords and it will create a drum rhythm and bass line for you to then play along with.

It's a really clever tool and certainly made me a better player, and more fun when messing around with my own riffs etc, because it felt like they actually became something.
Looks great Tomo, thanks for that.

Xmas present me thinks
Old 04-12-2020, 03:43 PM

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worksop Palace View Post
Oh ffs......

I am not sure why you are FFSing about I have a number of guitars and I would love a Gretch which is why I have tried out a number of them and as of yet I haven't bought one as all I can justify to my wife would be the cheaper, budget versions and I have not been impressed. That doesn't mean their other non-budget guitars are not any good as I haven't played any of those, this is true of ALL guitar makers.
Old 04-12-2020, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
I am not sure why you are FFSing about I have a number of guitars and I would love a Gretch which is why I have tried out a number of them and as of yet I haven't bought one as all I can justify to my wife would be the cheaper, budget versions and I have not been impressed. That doesn't mean their other non-budget guitars are not any good as I haven't played any of those, this is true of ALL guitar makers.

It was simply because I had pretty much made my mind up and was hoping no one would post anything that would make me doubt my decision.

Anyway, I bought it and am delighted with it. Iím even beginning to make it sound like a guitar.....
Old 04-12-2020, 09:11 PM

Tomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is hereTomo Sam the man is here
Quote:

Xmas present me thinks
You can use it to even record songs and use a loop pedal, so could lay down chords and then put a riff over the top. It doesnít take too long to work it out but a very cool toy for a bedroom guitarist.
Old 04-12-2020, 10:03 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:

If you have a bit more money available, this guitar pedal is an absolute treat: To view the link you have to Register or Login

Looks interesting Tom, what do you play it through? I have a very small practise amp that I use (Blackstar Fly 3) which is fine for my needs, any idea if it would work okay with something like that?
Old 04-12-2020, 11:26 PM
C. Palace 1 Oxford U. 0

hughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is herehughff Sam the man is here
I've got a trio. Basically it works through any amp though, obviously, a bigger speaker gives better bass.

If you wish to follow a football club based on their success then you could not view yourself as a supporter ... you are merely a customer. - Mat ov CPFC.

Don't let anybody make you think that God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with judgement and it seems to me that I can hear God saying to America, "You are too arrogant." - Martin Luther King
Old 05-12-2020, 01:11 AM
Correctamundo !

Another Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Xmas present me thinks
There is a used one on the Fretboard Forum for £135 which doesnít seem a bad price

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 05-12-2020, 06:46 AM

I’ve even used mine through a tiny battery run amp that you plug directly into the guitar and have use headphones for, so pretty much anything.

I’m sure better guitarists may think differently, but I think as any amateur guitarist who plays alone, it’s the best tool you can get.

You can change the tempo and different styles as a backing track (maybe 12 different options), so if you learn a song you can usually find something that will go behind it well enough to make it sound like you know what you’re doing!
Old 05-12-2020, 12:36 PM
AKA Barrington Linguine

Location: In the pleasure dromes and ersatz bodega bars of the free world
Smoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is hereSmoz Sam the man is here
Quote:
Iím sure better guitarists may think differently, but I think as any amateur guitarist who plays alone, itís the best tool you can get.
Sounds like just the thing for me, very much an amateur who plays solo, just ordered one.
Old 05-12-2020, 10:58 PM

I’ll be keen to know how you get on with it:

I should be getting a new mini amp for Christmas, so keen to play some more with it.

What I loved is that it can be as simple of technical as you want it to be.
Old 07-12-2020, 11:51 AM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
I asked my missus to add to my letter to Santa. I have been very good this year, so I am pretty confident it will be mine on the 25th.
Old 07-12-2020, 05:00 PM

I should have put a referral link!!