Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 10-05-2020, 10:31 PM
Welcome Mr Dyche

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
One blessing of lockdown is the amount of work you've achieved in such a short space of time
What's the cost likely to be once finished? Do you need sponsors etc for the book?
Many of our younger fans may not have heard of OMP but the away day shenanigans and throw back to yesteryear will make this a good read for any Palace fan.
Old 10-05-2020, 11:07 PM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
One blessing of lockdown is the amount of work you've achieved in such a short space of time
What's the cost likely to be once finished? Do you need sponsors etc for the book?
Many of our younger fans may not have heard of OMP but the away day shenanigans and throw back to yesteryear will make this a good read for any Palace fan.
Thanks for the comments. It has indeeed crossed my mind that just about anyone under 30 won't remember OMP or even Palace Echo, Eastern Eagles and Eagle Eye.

Although, it should be added that providing a record for younger folks to learn about football/terrace culture is part of the driving force of the book.

When it very first started I toyed with it being a generic book for all fanzines. Maybe I'll go on to do that one day. As it is, one of the early chapters is quite wide ranging, covering the fanzines across the country, but this is very a much Palace book, with plenty of references to the other Palace fanzines of the 90s.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/That-Progra...amme%3F&sr=8-1
Old 10-05-2020, 11:09 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Can I buy a copy?

'Don't be more of an arsehole than you have to be.' sw16girl..11/5/2020.
Old 11-05-2020, 07:37 AM

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hi PeterH

Absolutely. It's not ready yet but I'll be delighted to sell you a copy when it's done.

Old 11-05-2020, 07:30 PM
Welcome Mr Dyche

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
The book is close to completion. For five years the working title has been:-

IS THAT THE PROGRAMME?

The question I'd get asked 10-20 times every time I ever sold the fanzine, usually when the programme sellers were 10 yards away and wearimng high vis jackets with PROGRAMMES printed on them.

That said, if anyone has better suggestions for a title for a book that covers fanzines in general; the three main 90s Palace fanzines (emphasis on OMP of course); Palace on the pitch in the 90s, then I'm 100% open to changing this.
The immediate thought would have been OMP - "The Last Stand" which would have been a rather apt for the publication, coupled with the fact we said goodbye to the Holmesdale terrace back in 94'
Either you're a clever salesman or you missed it first time round, but what are you planning to sell the book at?

Don't forget to message me if you need a hand selling on a match day. I think gaining an online presence is probably more key for you this time round as the book is so niche, maybe people like (Dan) HLTCO & co can help you out?
Old 11-05-2020, 07:39 PM

Kai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is here
Please let me know when it is finished. I still believe I have a fair number of the old OMPs lying about along with a good amount of Eagle Eyes and Eastern Eagles fanzines. God how I miss those days when fanzines ruled the roost!

Last edited by Kai; 11-05-2020 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-05-2020, 08:24 PM
Welcome Mr Dyche

Another suggestion from a missed BBS member Ismale following the news of Spuds sad passing "no more pints"
Old 11-05-2020, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post
Please let me know when it is finished. I still believe I have a fair number of the old OMPs lying about along with a good amount of Eagle Eyes and Eastern Eagles fanzines. God how I miss those days when fanzines ruled the roost!
Hi Kai - still remember my subscription list of names and addresses with you at the top!

Old 11-05-2020, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Another suggestion from a missed BBS member Ismale following the news of Spuds sad passing "no more pints"
Weird timing that he died on the day I wrote the final chapter. Let's just say that chapter ended up getting written from the heart. Very sad. I paid tribute to his brother in Issue 29 back in 1998 and now this. His mum and dad are the loveliest people and it's a massive shame that they've had to go through losing a son for the second time.

Although, I should add that although it's the final chapter of the book, it's not the last one to get written. Just going through some old radio interviews to complete some of the stuff from 1995.

Old 11-05-2020, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Either you're a clever salesman or you missed it first time round, but what are you planning to sell the book at?
The former

Old 11-05-2020, 09:35 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Hi PeterH

Absolutely. It's not ready yet but I'll be delighted to sell you a copy when it's done.
Yep, being where I am, I want a physical copy for my collection not kindle or somesuch. Unless you get it on Amazon.com eventually.

Old 11-05-2020, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Yep, being where I am, I want a physical copy for my collection not kindle or somesuch. Unless you get it on Amazon.com eventually.
Physical copy - absolutely.

Anyone who remembers my enthusiastic street selling, will know only too well I'll do anything for a sale. I'll walk to Chile if I have to.

Old 11-05-2020, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Physical copy - absolutely.

Anyone who remembers my enthusiastic street selling, will know only too well I'll do anything for a sale. I'll walk to Chile if I have to.
You're welcome mate, and no dodgy B&B for you when you get here either.

Will sit nicely with my Eagle Eye, Palace Echo, Hy, Palace Century, and various other Palace books on the shelf.

Old 11-05-2020, 10:00 PM

Paxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Will they be selling it in Sportspages?
Old 12-05-2020, 12:22 AM

Lakeside HHH Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLakeside HHH Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLakeside HHH Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLakeside HHH Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLakeside HHH Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLakeside HHH Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLakeside HHH Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLakeside HHH Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLakeside HHH Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLakeside HHH Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLakeside HHH Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Grim - how might us chaps in Oz obtain a copy (when available) please ?
Old 12-05-2020, 12:45 AM

You have a market Grim....

Old 12-05-2020, 05:14 AM

Kai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is here
Quote:
Hi Kai - still remember my subscription list of names and addresses with you at the top!
Always a highlight when the fanzines popped up in my mailbox. How things have changed.

Ørneblikket still running BTW, 30th anniversary and 100th issue next year!
Old 12-05-2020, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paxton View Post
Will they be selling it in Sportspages?
God I used to love that shop. Plenty of Sportspages references in this book. Fair to say that without Sportspages there wouldn't have been OMP and probably a whole load more fanzines.

Old 12-05-2020, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post
Always a highlight when the fanzines popped up in my mailbox. How things have changed.

Ørneblikket still running BTW, 30th anniversary and 100th issue next year!
So, without doubt, Orneblikket is the number one Palace fanzine for number of issues and issues! What is the circulation these days?

I was toyig with doing one more issue to make OMP jump from a 10 year lifespan to 27 years and claim top spot, but you guys will have it forever.....unless Eagle Eye comes back

I'll throw this out there as it's something that's occurred to me this week. Would there be interest in a collaboration (probably a one-off) fanzine between Echo/EE/OMP/FYP/Eastern Eagles?

One More Five Year Eastern Echo Eye has a ring to it Would take some organising!

Old 12-05-2020, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeside HHH Glazier View Post
Grim - how might us chaps in Oz obtain a copy (when available) please ?
Mail order will definitely be on offer. Will be plenty of self-marketing and selling....just like the fanzine itself....but should be a lower chance of abuse from opposition fans doing it this way! (I hope!)