Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 12-05-2020, 05:40 PM

Kai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is hereKai Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
So, without doubt, Orneblikket is the number one Palace fanzine for number of issues and issues! What is the circulation these days?

I was toyig with doing one more issue to make OMP jump from a 10 year lifespan to 27 years and claim top spot, but you guys will have it forever.....unless Eagle Eye comes back

I'll throw this out there as it's something that's occurred to me this week. Would there be interest in a collaboration (probably a one-off) fanzine between Echo/EE/OMP/FYP/Eastern Eagles?

One More Five Year Eastern Echo Eye has a ring to it Would take some organising!
We are still going strong with circulation of around 130 copies. As long as the editor and a few others find the time to keep it going it will, but I fear that in time we may have to go all digital. We are adamant at reaching 100 issues though, so for the next year we should be okay..

A collaboration fanzine seems a good thing but do people really find the time any more? I mean, internet fora and discussion boards have replaced what the fanzine used to be, but the humour that was in fanzines is rare these days (except the "Have you ever crapped yourself in public" thread on here - the stuff of legends!).
I must say I loved the old school fanzine, the cut and paste type full of banter and not taking itself so seriously. I kinda miss that.
Old 12-05-2020, 08:27 PM
Back writing about Palace

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai View Post

A collaboration fanzine seems a good thing but do people really find the time any more? I mean, internet fora and discussion boards have replaced what the fanzine used to be, but the humour that was in fanzines is rare these days (except the "Have you ever crapped yourself in public" thread on here - the stuff of legends!).
I must say I loved the old school fanzine, the cut and paste type full of banter and not taking itself so seriously. I kinda miss that.
You're probably right - a collaboration fanzine is probably a step too far...but it would certainly be fun to give it a go one day

https://www.amazon.co.uk/That-Progra...amme%3F&sr=8-1
Old 12-05-2020, 10:18 PM

horsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
Rip Spud.

Hope you given your bro a big hug.

Part of many people's Palace away days in the 90's and integral in the OMP memories.
Is there a photo of him? I recall the name and would know the face as soon as I see it.
Old 13-05-2020, 11:50 AM

Grim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGrim Reaper came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Hopefully this link will work. Spud (left) with tomario a.k.a. One More Point's Drunk Eagle from the early issues

Last edited by Grim Reaper; 13-05-2020 at 12:35 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 13-05-2020, 09:42 PM

horsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minehorsham palace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Hopefully this link will work. Spud (left) with tomario a.k.a. One More Point's Drunk Eagle from the early issues
Sadly it didn't work. Will wait for the book and a photo or two in it!
Old 19-05-2020, 08:34 AM

Just occurred to me as I start to finalise the book that it's a about making a publication with Pritt Stick and newspaper clippings, but I'm doing it on smart software and not a hint of a glue stick involved. Almost feels like I'm cheating!

Old 09-06-2020, 09:51 PM

IS THAT THE PROGRAMME?
Honest Tales From A Crystal Palace Fanzine Editor

BOOK LAUNCHES......FRIDAY 12 JUNE 2020

Old 09-06-2020, 10:06 PM
Old and jaded

davech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is heredavech Sam the man is here
Quote:
IS THAT THE PROGRAMME?

Looking forward to it
Old 09-06-2020, 10:29 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Excellent, looking forward to this. I've still got loads of the originals stored away
Old 10-06-2020, 07:19 AM
Welcome Mr Dyche

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
IS THAT THE PROGRAMME?

Old 10-06-2020, 07:32 AM

Left that madhouse in 2008! (That's a future book by the way when I get through my counselling!!)

Living in Hessle (which is right next to Hull) these days.

Just wish there were more Yorkshire teams in the Premier for some easy games to get to!!

Old 10-06-2020, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris K View Post
Excellent, looking forward to this. I've still got loads of the originals stored away
Thank you!

You might have more than me in that case. This project has revealed I've lost Issue 60 along the way now!

Old 10-06-2020, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
Just logged on to BBS to PM you as I know you've expressed interest of the years...and I see you've already seen you've responded on this thread. Great stuff!

Old 10-06-2020, 07:44 AM
Old School BBS

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Left that madhouse in 2008! (That's a future book by the way when I get through my counselling!!)

Living in Hessle (which is right next to Hull) these days.

Just wish there were more Yorkshire teams in the Premier for some easy games to get to!!
Is there going to be a Guest house adventures section?

The BBS - Where Brighton Neggers have imaginary lawyers.
Old 10-06-2020, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
Is there going to be a Guest house adventures section?
No. That thread got me in so much trouble back in the day! Best I steer clear of that!!

Cleethorpes Guest House Association meetings were tepid affairs until the time that thread got found by other owners. That certainly put that cat amongst the pigeons!!

Old 10-06-2020, 09:14 AM

Eastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is hereEastern Boy Sam the man is here
Looking forward to it Cris. I presume you'll let us know when/where available to purchase. Proud to part of that era of pritt stick and cardboard boxes outside grounds!
Old 10-06-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Boy View Post
Looking forward to it Cris. I presume you'll let us know when/where available to purchase. Proud to part of that era of pritt stick and cardboard boxes outside grounds!
Gotta love the Pritt Stick! It was just the right level of sticky. There were times you needed to unstuck stuff from one issue and glue it into another one. Proper glue would have wrecked that!!

Old 10-06-2020, 02:16 PM

For the record, as the book is now complete, I've started a new thread in General Palace Discussion for this. Time for a new thread after 5 years of this one.

Old 24-06-2020, 12:54 PM
Probationary User

Grimbo69 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrimbo69 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrimbo69 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrimbo69 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrimbo69 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrimbo69 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrimbo69 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrimbo69 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrimbo69 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrimbo69 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGrimbo69 sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
good on you for keeping the memories alive. fanzines were a vital part of football culture back then and a lot of great and funny articles were produced. As the editor/main contributor of/to the Dundee FC fanzine, "Eh Mind O' Gillie" , I'm of course biased, but at times some of the articles far outclassed the tabloid media. I've just recently rebooted EM OG as youtube videozine and hope to keep it going once there's some action tow rite about.
Old 24-06-2020, 10:32 PM

Paxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePaxton : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimbo69 View Post
good on you for keeping the memories alive. fanzines were a vital part of football culture back then and a lot of great and funny articles were produced. As the editor/main contributor of/to the Dundee FC fanzine, "Eh Mind O' Gillie" , I'm of course biased, but at times some of the articles far outclassed the tabloid media. I've just recently rebooted EM OG as youtube videozine and hope to keep it going once there's some action tow rite about.
Teckle! Eh mind o'Gillie an'a - just about, though not when he was playing for Dundee, sadly. I'll definitely check out the videozine. I'm sure it'll be more enjoyable than my last trip to Dens - for an afternoon of Tunnocks Caramel Wafer fever against the mighty Elgin.